Author Topic: Manny Machado agrees to 10-year, $300 million deal with Padres  (Read 444 times)

Offline COH

• Hoser Family Member
Manny Machado agrees to 10-year, $300 million deal with Padres
« on: February 19, 2019, 06:03:16 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/manny-machado-agrees-10-300-180912977.html

"Manny Machado agrees to 10-year, $300 million deal with Padres"
Because Madam Tara and Madam Jennifer mistreat, bully, wanting to control numerous people; I stopped visiting the Mustang Ranch.  Therefore, can no longer recommend this business.

ColtsFan90

Re: Manny Machado agrees to 10-year, $300 million deal with Padres
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 08:38:09 PM »
+1
Big money Padres stealing star players from the Dodgers.  How can they even compete?

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 09:07:39 PM »
If the dodgers wanted Machado, they would have signed him. Being a dodger fan, I'm glad they didn't.  I got tired of looking at him and his lack of hustle along with dirty play in the last month of the season and the playoffs. 

Michael J.

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 10:51:08 PM »
  What a complete and utter crock of shit.  NOBODY  is worth that much.  If Babe Ruth ruse from the dead, batted .400 or better and hit 100 home runs I wouldn't give HIM $30 million/year.  And I were running MLB for five minutes, there would be a rule that if anyone is making over $20 million/year, and they go on DL list for more that 30 days, they go to half salary.  Don't sit there with a straight face and tell me that someone can't make a living on $15 million/year.  How many of their FANS could go DL for 30-40 days and still draw their full salary?  I realize this'll never happen.  But as Rush Limbaugh likes to say, "That's the way it ought to be."

Offline COH

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 12:12:03 AM »
Supposedly Manny Machado will play third base for the Padres.
Because Madam Tara and Madam Jennifer mistreat, bully, wanting to control numerous people; I stopped visiting the Mustang Ranch.  Therefore, can no longer recommend this business.

Offline Wildfire

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 05:03:25 AM »
He will be a bust..  Ok maybe not a bust but nowhere near worth 300 million.
San Diego want win a world series with Machado so that would make this deal a bust.

Offline georoc01

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 06:43:44 AM »
Don't know what the Padres were thinking. They will be looking to unload this deal and have to include a bunch a prospects to a team like the Dodgers to take him and discard him within 5 years.

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 07:02:46 AM »
Don't know what the Padres were thinking. They will be looking to unload this deal and have to include a bunch a prospects to a team like the Dodgers to take him and discard him within 5 years.

Oh yes. The Padres are well known for blowing up their team and having a fire sale and starting over.

Offline bones

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 07:44:49 AM »
Tossing this out there no pun just to curious.

Now sidey always seem to scream and rant about CEO and his white shirts being pay being too high and many are less per year than this, so where is the rant on this sidey?

Offline Prospector Bob

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 08:16:12 AM »
Machado is a way over-rated player. $30Meg a year for 10 years? No friggin' way! :o

The Padre's will find they screwed the pooch on this deal. ::)

Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by the delusional illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline Wildfire

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 09:11:09 AM »

Now sidey always seem to scream and rant about CEO and his white shirts being pay being too high and many are less per year than this, so where is the rant on this sidey?

What is the Sidewinder " living Wage " for an MLB player ?   What like $500 to $750 per game .  ???

Offline georoc01

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 03:12:49 PM »

What is the Sidewinder " living Wage " for an MLB player ?   What like $500 to $750 per game .  ???

Oh Sidewinder has no problem if his white shirt dodgers pay everything they can to win a championship.

Offline Wildfire

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2019, 03:50:17 PM »

Oh Sidewinder has no problem if his white shirt dodgers pay everything they can to win a championship.

Well I guess the " White Shirts " in LA  just are not as good as San Diego .   :-[

Hell the Dodgers traded Texas for  Yu Darvish and how did that work out ?  And embarrassment in the World Series :)

Offline RunningSquirrel

• High Roller
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2019, 06:34:51 PM »
Also means possibility of Bryce Harper going to Dodgers.

Much talk/hope of Harper in a Giants' uniform with Giants' lack of offense the past two years but new SF GM content to pick up .220 hitters off the scrap heap.

Offline numbersguy

• Regular
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2019, 11:10:42 PM »
They can have that dirty slacker Machado.  He may have talent, but in the end will be a cancer.