Author Topic: Brothel Slot Machine 2  (Read 1342 times)

Wizard

Brothel Slot Machine 2
« on: %998 %15, %2009, %1:%Oct:%th %-07:00 »
The other recent post reminded me of a similar subject. One of my other hobbies is collecting and restoring antique slot machines. Many years ago a relatively old machine (made in the 60’s) came up at auction. The story was that it had been operated in one of the Nevada brothels. It didn’t pay money, but the jackpot was a free party. There was only one symbol (a girl with her legs spread) on each reel and the rest of the reels were blanks. It was a quarter machine. This particular model slot (a Bally :”Money Honey” has 20 stop positions on each reel making the total possible combinations 8000. If you do the math that means that on the average the house would earn $2000 for each free party. In the 60's and 70's that should have been one hell of a party. I wonder what the lady got out of the deal?

I don’t remember the selling price but I do remember that it brought good money. Far more than the value of your standard Money Honey.

Do any of you old timers remember ever seeing this machine in one of the houses?

SIDEWINDER

Re: Brothel Slot Machine 2
« Reply #1 on: %092 %15, %2009, %1:%Oct:%th %-07:00 »
The other recent post reminded me of a similar subject. One of my other hobbies is collecting and restoring antique slot machines. Many years ago a relatively old machine (made in the 60’s) came up at auction. The story was that it had been operated in one of the Nevada brothels. It didn’t pay money, but the jackpot was a free party. There was only one symbol (a girl with her legs spread) on each reel and the rest of the reels were blanks. It was a quarter machine. This particular model slot (a Bally :”Money Honey” has 20 stop positions on each reel making the total possible combinations 8000. If you do the math that means that on the average the house would earn $2000 for each free party. In the 60's and 70's that should have been one hell of a party. I wonder what the lady got out of the deal?

I don’t remember the selling price but I do remember that it brought good money. Far more than the value of your standard Money Honey.

Do any of you old timers remember ever seeing this machine in one of the houses?

No, I don't remember it. I remember breaking the baloons in one of the rural brothels to see what you won but no slot machine in any of the brothels. are you sure it was a legal brothel?

Speed Racer

« Reply #2 on: %730 %16, %2009, %1:%Oct:%th %-07:00 »
Before brothels were made legal in Nevada, perhaps this machine did actually reside in one. But after legalization, brothels were (and are) not allowed to have gambling or gaming devices on premise.

It might be that due to the "risqué" nature of the machine, the seller is spinning a yarn about it having been in a brothel to potentially increase it's selling price. Or maybe not.

Regards,
Speed Racer

Jane.Doe

« Reply #3 on: %547 %17, %2009, %1:%Oct:%th %-07:00 »
Like that machine. I think there is a slot machine museum maybe they have one.

that be fun if they allowed only that machine into the brothels and give the guys free drinks or party,