Author Topic: More LPIN by 2024?  (Read 1180 times)

Offline Adventure Guy

• Regular
More LPIN by 2024?
« on: %746 %08, %2021, %1:%Aug:%th %-07:00 »
Came across this article saying a Nevada PAC was just created to expand LPIN to all of Nevada (Las Vegas, Reno, etc.) by 2024. 

https://www.rgj.com/story/opinion/voices/2021/08/07/why-im-working-decriminalize-sex-work-nevada-2024-russell-greer/5517805001/

What's your guess if this will actually happen?

Offline Duck11

• Regular
Re: More LPIN by 2024?
« Reply #1 on: %775 %08, %2021, %1:%Aug:%th %-07:00 »
I would not trust anything this guy in the article says.  This is the guy that sued Taylor Swift because she didn’t like his song. He has a history of overusing the legal system with zero results.

Offline Elkogfe

• Brothel Owner / Employee
  • Hoser Family Member
« Reply #2 on: %847 %08, %2021, %1:%Aug:%th %-07:00 »
This guy is trouble .  Stay away

Offline RoxyGold

• Working Girl
  • Hoser Family Member
« Reply #3 on: %867 %08, %2021, %1:%Aug:%th %-07:00 »
+2
I would not trust anything this guy in the article says.  This is the guy that sued Taylor Swift because she didn’t like his song. He has a history of overusing the legal system with zero results.

And he sued Ariana Grande for not giving him “enough” special treatment at a concert. And he is banned not just from the brothels, but from many local establishments because of mistreating women/stalking/etc.

I had my run-in with him back in 2013.
So long and thanks for all the Fish.

Offline SMRKIA

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #4 on: %880 %08, %2021, %1:%Aug:%th %-07:00 »
I’ll read it in a minute but without looking at it I’d say it won’t happen. I just don’t think society as a whole would take to it.

If legalization were to occur somewhere else, for it to happen I think it would need to be at an individual town/city level, not state level

Offline niceguy eddie

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #5 on: %980 %08, %2021, %1:%Aug:%th %-07:00 »
+1
I've heard of that guy who wrote the editorial--Russell Greer.  He is deranged and mentally ill and probably suffers from some developmental disorder.  I actually feel sorry and sad for him, but that doesn't change the fact that he is someone to avoid.  Plus he is not someone who I would believe on anything.  There was a thread on this forum warning people about him:  http://sex-in-nevada.net/smforum/index.php?topic=29693.0

« Last Edit: %987 %08, %2021, %1:%Aug:%th %-07:00 by niceguy eddie »

Offline XCO

• Lookie-Loo
« Reply #6 on: %032 %08, %2021, %1:%Aug:%th %-07:00 »
I think the ecosystem is just fine as is-- Las Vegas and Reno have a legit interest in remaining at least somewhat family friendly and brothels are going to scare off the family tourists.  Tucking LPIN safely away in the more rural parts of Nevada-- which, frankly, is all of Nevada except Las Vegas and Reno-- is a good compromise.

Also, the trendline appears to be for fewer houses and more consolidation of the survivors.  Even if this happened, I don't think it really changes much.  The establishments that already aim to attract whales would just move within city limits and make back their increased costs + then some by being more convenient to more whales.  The establishments that compete more on price would stay rural, because it's expensive to be in the city. 

Offline Shooter

• Hoser Family Member
  • Plank owner of the Atomic Crater Ranch
« Reply #7 on: %112 %08, %2021, %1:%Aug:%th %-07:00 »
+2
This guy is banned for all LPIN web sites and discussion board and well as most if not all houses in Nevada. He is bad news.
Negotiations 101. You either want my money or you don't.  I don't care because some one else does.

redde illis futuis eos ambula

Offline Weeper

• Couch Lint
« Reply #8 on: %397 %12, %2021, %1:%Aug:%th %-07:00 »
+1
I was reading the article, and then I read about the guy. Holy fuck!

I think we need more folks pushing for lifting unnecessary government regulations against sex workers, that issue needs better representation than that fucking guy! 

Offline JimDiGriz

• High Roller
« Reply #9 on: %517 %12, %2021, %1:%Aug:%th %-07:00 »
I'm not going to address the man's personality, but rather the effectiveness of his work.  He tried this before in Utah 4 years ago:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1520441509

, and it didn't work there.

And if you don't want to click on the link, the description (with my comments in green) is:

"Short essay on why a disabled man is challenging the Utah brothel bans in federal court. He was denied a license to open a brothel in Utah and believes denying him a license violates his first amendment rights of association The 1st guarantees that the government can't stop him from associating with women, not that he can receive sex from them for compensation and his fourteenth amendment rights of equal protection He has equal treatment under the law.  The 14th would only apply if, for example, women were allowed to open brothels but he was not because he's a man.. Besides that, the laws against brothels serve no rational basis and are thus unconstitutional. I'm out of my wheelhouse here, but there's nothing in the Constitution that says the law has to be rational.  In fact, given things like the 18th Amendment, you might argue that some parts are pretty irrational."
« Last Edit: %524 %12, %2021, %1:%Aug:%th %-07:00 by JimDiGriz »

Offline Eddyxybb55

• High Roller
« Reply #10 on: %120 %13, %2021, %1:%Aug:%th %-07:00 »
I was reading the article, and then I read about the guy. Holy fuck!

I think we need more folks pushing for lifting unnecessary government regulations against sex workers, that issue needs better representation than that fucking guy!

Yes I have always wondered if he actually turned more people against the cause of decriminalizing sex work through his efforts.