Author Topic: Fire at Kit Kat. 9-14-2023  (Read 2305 times)

Offline wrb55roscojr

• Hoser Family Member
Fire at Kit Kat. 9-14-2023
« on: %238 %14, %2023, %1:%Sep:%th %-07:00 »
The Reno tv stations . Are reporting a fire tonight. At the Kit Kat brothel.Starting at about 6:15 this evening. Had no customers . With 9 employees working.  No one was hurt. Fire investigators will return , Friday morning. After the place cools downs… More to come….

Offline HopelessRealist

• Regular
Re: Fire at Kit Kat. 9-14-2023
« Reply #1 on: %337 %15, %2023, %1:%Sep:%th %-07:00 »
>_<

Immediate headlines seem to indicate no one hurt but hopefully that is true.  Going to ping someone to make sure OK.

Offline hikino

• Couch Lint
« Reply #3 on: %403 %15, %2023, %1:%Sep:%th %-07:00 »
From what I've been told, everyone made it out okay.

Those living locally have gone home, and the others are being put up at Sagebrush for now.

I'm glad no one was hurt, but it gives me heartache for the ladies and the staff, as well as the fond memories I have of there.

Offline Jamie_Jupiter

• Working Girl
  • Regular
    • My ACH bio
« Reply #4 on: %530 %15, %2023, %1:%Sep:%th %-07:00 »
+2
I've talked to one member of staff and one of the ladies who were there when this happened. Confirmed, they are all ok. Most of the ladies didn't have time to grab their purses. Among items they've lost: cash, IDs, car keys, clothes, shoes, hygiene supplies, work supplies, personal items. I'm sure any support that can be sent to them is appreciated
XOXO, Jamie
Jamie@aliencathouse.com

Offline Mr. Lloyd

• Regular
« Reply #5 on: %709 %15, %2023, %1:%Sep:%th %-07:00 »
Glad everyone got out safely! Scary situation, here's hoping they're able to get Kit Kat up and running again sooner rather than later.

Offline HopelessRealist

• Regular
« Reply #6 on: %114 %15, %2023, %1:%Sep:%th %-07:00 »
I got in contact quickly with one of the ladies there I had met to check in on her and the situation.  Some got a bit of stuff out, but others not.  Sounds like the place is a pretty big mess in general and not a lot to salvage.

Sindy Sky has set up a fundraiser over at spotfund to help out.  The business itself will have to deal with larger claims but the immediate or smaller stuff is a bit of pain so this seems like a good idea.  *I have verified this is a legitimate fundraiser via confirmation by her house e-mail,* but you can always do the same if you feel necessary (sadly the world gives some reason to).  Link to the fundraiser:

http://spot.fund/b4k7cdc

Friendly challenge: knock me off the high donor pedestal.  Go for it.

Offline SMRKIA

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #7 on: %199 %15, %2023, %1:%Sep:%th %-07:00 »
Looking at a picture of the fire, that’s a really bad fire. I’m wondering if Kit Kat had a sprinkler system. Many brothels are such old buildings that were constructed before that was a building requirement.

Wasn’t there another fire in Moundhouse where some girl had lit candles for a party and tipped one over? Or was that somewhere else? I’ll be interested to see what the cause here is.

Offline Jack Rackham

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #8 on: %330 %15, %2023, %1:%Sep:%th %-07:00 »
+1
Looking at a picture of the fire, that’s a really bad fire. I’m wondering if Kit Kat had a sprinkler system. Many brothels are such old buildings that were constructed before that was a building requirement.

Wasn’t there another fire in Moundhouse where some girl had lit candles for a party and tipped one over? Or was that somewhere else? I’ll be interested to see what the cause here is.
Right. Before my time but it was the Sagebrush (Sagebrush 1, half was destroyed) back in 1999. It was an accidental overturn of a candle in a ladies room.

https://www.newspapers.com/article/23385079/sagebrush-ranch-brothel-burned/
« Last Edit: %331 %15, %2023, %1:%Sep:%th %-07:00 by Jack Rackham »

Offline Sonja

• Hoser Family Member
  • Point your erection in my direction.
    • Love Ranch Vegas
« Reply #9 on: %600 %16, %2023, %1:%Sep:%th %-07:00 »
I've talked to one member of staff and one of the ladies who were there when this happened. Confirmed, they are all ok. Most of the ladies didn't have time to grab their purses. Among items they've lost: cash, IDs, car keys, clothes, shoes, hygiene supplies, work supplies, personal items. I'm sure any support that can be sent to them is appreciated

Owners should have insurance to cover those losses.  The ladies need to claim whatever they lost.  ("should" being the operative word)

Offline Q

• Administrator
  • Hoser Family Member
« Reply #10 on: %714 %16, %2023, %1:%Sep:%th %-07:00 »
After 8 years of not partying at KitKat, i visited this last July and partied there with Star Fox... a new lady. She took me on a tour of the facilities.  I was really impressed with the interior and style. Big changes from 8 years ago! It appears that th3y spent a lot of money for the renovation. I hope they can rebuild it back for the clients and ladies.
Q

Offline HopelessRealist

• Regular
« Reply #11 on: %740 %16, %2023, %1:%Sep:%th %-07:00 »

Owners should have insurance to cover those losses.  The ladies need to claim whatever they lost.  ("should" being the operative word)

The nuance of insurance on the house/contents is likely to get a bit rougher in the gaps with things like inventory and evaluations going on.  The business itself "should" be handling the lion's share of reimbursement (though insurance itself tends to take a while), and I am aware that most women working in Mound House can also out-earn my daily pay rate in 1 hour, hence not going completely ham and dropping a whole paycheck in the support fund, but based on some things said I am pretty sure there is also some short-term pain to get through, both financially and logistically, and feel like that is a legitimate area for some help.

Here is a case where my personal obsession with fairness errs on the side of more generous interpretations.  I'm always taking mental notes though...

Offline Interested bystander

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #12 on: %051 %17, %2023, %1:%Sep:%th %-07:00 »
+2

Right. Before my time but it was the Sagebrush (Sagebrush 1, half was destroyed) back in 1999. It was an accidental overturn of a candle in a ladies room.

https://www.newspapers.com/article/23385079/sagebrush-ranch-brothel-burned/

Candle was the story they publicized.  She was actually smoking in bed. 

Offline JimDiGriz

• High Roller
« Reply #13 on: %083 %17, %2023, %1:%Sep:%th %-07:00 »

As someone who ran brothels I'm interested in your perspective.  The ladies are not employees, but rather contractors and in the sense of the fire - renters of their space.  From a human being perspective it would be nice if the ranch covered their losses.  But from an insurance perspective, wouldn't the ladies not be covered because they're leasing the space and would need renters' insurance?

Offline RickScrabbler

• Hoser Family Member
  • Have 2 Scrabble boards in car, will travel :-)
« Reply #14 on: %247 %17, %2023, %1:%Sep:%th %-07:00 »

As someone who ran brothels I'm interested in your perspective.  The ladies are not employees, but rather contractors and in the sense of the fire - renters of their space.  From a human being perspective it would be nice if the ranch covered their losses.  But from an insurance perspective, wouldn't the ladies not be covered because they're leasing the space and would need renters' insurance?

And I suspect the ladies can't claim worker's comp either if they got hurt from the fire (thankfully nobody did at Kit Kat) or suffered injuries as a result of their work.
7-letter words with all 5 vowels: SEQUOIA, EULOGIA, MIAOUED
7-letter words without vowel: RHYTHMS, GLYCYLS, TSKTSKS