Author Topic: Mustang Forum Status  (Read 846 times)

Offline Prospector Bob

• Hoser Family Member
Mustang Forum Status
« on: January 11, 2024, 04:18:54 AM »
Is the Mustang forum down? For the last 3 days I've been getting this message when I've tried to log on :

"Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later. "

Do I need to clear cookies for the Mustang site & try again?
Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by the delusional illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline Geyser Soze

• Lookie-Loo
Re: Mustang Forum Status
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 07:13:34 AM »
Same problem here.
Can't 'get there from here'.
Constantly shows "misdirected or the server is busy".

Offline Prospector Bob

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2024, 09:01:30 AM »
Clearing cookies for the Mustang website was a no-go. Still can't log on.
Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by the delusional illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline JimDiGriz

• High Roller
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2024, 10:19:29 AM »
"Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later. "

Not sure why they're using a Smurf for their IT support, but cartoon characters are notoriously unreliable so you have to expect for these things to happen.

Offline Silverado

• Couch Lint
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2024, 06:47:41 PM »
I also have not been able to connect to their forum for some time.

I may have to pay them a visit to check this issue out in person!

Offline Q

• Administrator
  • Hoser Family Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2024, 08:56:23 PM »
I called Tara's cell and left her a message to see if they needed my help to get it back up and running.
Q

Offline Q

• Administrator
  • Hoser Family Member
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2024, 02:45:56 PM »
I heard back from Tara. Changes are coming this Thursday... if everything goes as planned. If those changes do not work, then I offered to help them for free.
Q

Offline Prospector Bob

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2024, 05:23:02 AM »
Looks like the site is up but it's not fully functional. You can't post anything. After entering your text & hitting the POST button, the screen goes blank. There's no indication that it's loading. One thing that is working now that hasn't worked in a long time is the Avatar function. I was seeing them when I was looking around the site. If you were a forum member before the outage, you'll have to log in again.

Offline Prospector Bob

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2024, 10:05:12 PM »
+1
Looks like everything is working again on the Mustang forum site. Even the corrupted avatar thingy is fixed.