Author Topic: Dickey’s BBQ Franchise- best Franchises?  (Read 902 times)

Lucielove_elko

Dickey’s BBQ Franchise- best Franchises?
« on: November 23, 2018, 03:21:43 PM »
If you could start a franchise to fund your pastimes which one would you start and why?

I love Dickey’s https://www.dickeys.com/franchise/qualifications

But Planet Fitness seems like a pretty good one too....

Rolex79

Re: Dickey’s BBQ Franchise- best Franchises?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 05:03:23 PM »
Definitely A Rolex dealership but not in my city of Montréal, but in Quebec city there is none. Distance by car is about 4 hours on clear roads compare it to distance wise from Vegas to La if you go on speed limit. population wise Montréal is a much bigger city however Québec city holds it's own quite well and attracts many tourists from Europe with major bucks to spend add to the charming and rustic nature of the city with européen vibes, very upscale restaurants hostesses at the front ready to greet you an attractive holiday destination. would surely love to open one there A Rolex exclusive only boutique. As in Montréal the ones there have also other brands. Attractive currency wise ;D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 05:11:43 PM by Rolex79 »

Offline georoc01

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 06:18:21 PM »
+1
The best deal is a franchisee is Chick fil A. But getting one of those franchises is very, very tough.

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 06:41:09 PM »
I agree. Chick has customers lined out the door. Kind of reminds me of In & out. Only in the chicken business. In & out is also 100% company owned so there are no franchises available.

Offline Armond

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 08:59:55 AM »
I like Jersey Mikes

Lucielove_elko

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 11:09:31 PM »
Yes chick fil la would definitely bring in the business! I think the Jersey Mike’s is a good one too!

Yes Rolex, I am very surprised there is not one in Montreal! That’s actually a great idea! :-)

Offline NavySteve

• High Roller
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 03:57:37 AM »
I never heard of Dickey's BBQ until I saw this post. after going to their web site I found one in Lincoln, NE. The next time I am in town for occupational therapy, I will have lunch there. Thanks for the info.  In the middle of a blizzard right now. snow with winds at 25 MPH.

Rolex79

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 08:46:58 AM »
Yes chick fil la would definitely bring in the business! I think the Jersey Mike’s is a good one too!

Yes Rolex, I am very surprised there is not one in Montreal! That’s actually a great idea! :-)

Actually there are in Montréal but not in Quebec city. Quebec city is 4 hours away from Montréal.

Lucielove_elko

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2018, 03:22:13 PM »
Ahhh I used to travel to the Gulf of Mexico every year with friends from Montreal for beach vacations, so I’ve always wanted to go there but never have been yet. :-) yes and I want to go to Quebec too!

Rolex79

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2018, 04:49:54 PM »
A very lovely multicultural lively city alot of fun stuff to do and visit with a contagious charm the acclimation is seamless on top of it's welcoming nature and personality and great vibrant atmosphere you would love it.

Jmc1590

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2018, 06:44:19 PM »
I love Dickey’s
You've seen what I can do with a turkey, just wait till you see what happens with Pork!

I've considered franchise operations in the past, but I've yet to find one that meets my criteria. Typically they're all "food for the masses" with occasional items that stand out. Mind you, that the point of a franchise - you should get the same items regardless of where you order.

In my opinion, I'm more willing to take the gamble and put it all out there on my own. That way the menu can be tailored to the tastes and desires of the local clients.

BBQ in particular is a bit odd. People in one region swear by a dish. A short distance away, people have different tastes...

J

Offline MrTShirt

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2018, 09:33:57 PM »
I love Dickey’s
You've seen what I can do with a turkey, just wait till you see what happens with Pork!

I've considered franchise operations in the past, but I've yet to find one that meets my criteria. Typically they're all "food for the masses" with occasional items that stand out. Mind you, that the point of a franchise - you should get the same items regardless of where you order.

In my opinion, I'm more willing to take the gamble and put it all out there on my own. That way the menu can be tailored to the tastes and desires of the local clients.

BBQ in particular is a bit odd. People in one region swear by a dish. A short distance away, people have different tastes...

J

One waitress told me she has worked for several guys that thought running a restaurant was easy.  So they each dumped their million in it.  In a year each one of the restaurants would be bust.  Be cautious.
ProstiDUDE Ranch Mgr. - the 26 incher
88% of millionaires used hard work, 12% inherited it
404D4F53534144333837

Jmc1590

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2018, 06:37:33 AM »
One waitress told me she has worked for several guys that thought running a restaurant was easy.  So they each dumped their million in it.  In a year each one of the restaurants would be bust.  Be cautious.

Cautious - Always.

I worked in and managed restaurants before. Nothing about the food industry is easy. From the ownership side, it's many long days and long hours with a fairly high chance of not braking even. It's when you hit that area of the market that has been overlooked or mistreated that things start moving! Good food, Food Prices & Good Attitudes. If you can nail all 3 - Jackpot!

J

Offline Prospector Bob

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2018, 06:49:24 AM »
Local Dickey's got shut down by the Health Department due to roach infestation & other sanitary violations...  :(

Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by the delusional illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline georoc01

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2018, 07:24:26 AM »
I love Dickey’s

J

That's so true there on BBQ. I think when Dickey's first started it was bring Texas Style BBQ to many parts of the country where you didn't have any local BBQ joints.

But its become such a trend that you can find local places everywhere. And even Arby's has really expanded into the smoked meats.

BBQ in particular takes alot of time to be done well with the smoking process. About as far away from 'fast food' as you can get. The key to me would be the sides. You can smoke good meats, have a variety of sauces for different tastes, but getting the sides fresh and tasty is the key to making BBQ work.