Author Topic: Elko Amtrak station  (Read 567 times)

Offline mikejt

• High Roller
Elko Amtrak station
« on: February 23, 2024, 06:31:10 PM »
What is it like to be at the Elko train platform?  I am interested in the east bound side to head towards SLC?  I understand the train arrives about 9:30pm.  Any advice would be helpful.  I

Offline JimDiGriz

• High Roller
Re: Elko Amtrak station
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2024, 04:45:31 AM »
+1
You might want to clarify.  I can imagine possible questions that you're interested in, but that won't get answered unless you explicitly ask them:

• Is it safe at that time of night?
  • Is there a place to sit/get out of the wind?
  • Can I get something to eat?

Offline vanityaffair

• Working Girl
  • Hoser Family Member
  • Courtesan of the year 2019. I’m a winner
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2024, 05:42:23 AM »
Elko train station gets in at 330 am. It is a scary spot. I suggest calling a cab service ahead of time or having someone pick you up. Otherwise you’re in a desert spot and it is deserted. Many cabs are there. One day I did not have a cab reserved and I shared a cab with someone to my hotel. Heard of brothel owners picking up people at the train station. That really helps out.
XO Vanity
Rookie Courtesan first year and voted top 5 courtesans Of Nevada several years in a row. Winner of Courtesan of the Year 2019. I will continue to be humble and true to myself.

Offline mikejt

• High Roller
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2024, 06:00:33 AM »

That is the information that I am looking for.  I also know there is two sides and the one I am using is the platform on Sharp access . That is the one heading east .  I will be coming from Reno and on my way out of Elko I will be heading towards Salt Lake City. 

quote author=JimDiGriz link=topic=38966.msg436717#msg436717 date=1708778731]
You might want to clarify.  I can imagine possible questions that you're interested in, but that won't get answered unless you explicitly ask them:

• Is it safe at that time of night?
  • Is there a place to sit/get out of the wind?
  • Can I get something to eat?
[/quote]

Offline vanityaffair

• Working Girl
  • Hoser Family Member
  • Courtesan of the year 2019. I’m a winner
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2024, 06:15:58 AM »
Sorry. I always take train from Elko to Reno or Reno to Elko. Yes 930pm is correct coming from salt lake. I always call Amtrak around 3 hours earlier to confirm exact time of train arrival. A lot of times train was delayed. One time the train was delayed due to a bolder on track and did not come till next day. I find the train more reliable than the bus.
XO Vanity
Rookie Courtesan first year and voted top 5 courtesans Of Nevada several years in a row. Winner of Courtesan of the Year 2019. I will continue to be humble and true to myself.

Online SMRKIA

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2024, 06:54:43 AM »
There is a small shelter, similar to a bus stop on each side of the platform. That’s all there is. No restrooms, indoor waiting area, food, and the place is completely unattended. Like Vanity said you may see if Monas/Inez’s can pick you up.

She is also correct with the delays, I’ve heard of delays of 30 hours. For the most part, the westbound (Reno to Elko) is a little bit more reliable than the Eastbound (SLC to Elko) as the train runs from San Francisco to Chicago, so the eastbound train has a lot more chances for something to go wrong.

Offline mikejt

• High Roller
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2024, 08:11:16 AM »
Thanks for the information.  I will be going from Reno to come to Elko and then the next night leaving Elko for east on the Zephyr

Online SMRKIA

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2024, 09:08:56 AM »
Just  realized I got it backwards, Westbound is SLC to Elko (originates in Chicago), and Eastbound is Reno to Elko. Eastbound is more reliable to an extent.

Offline mikejt

• High Roller
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2024, 07:10:36 PM »
Just  realized I got it backwards, Westbound is SLC to Elko (originates in Chicago), and Eastbound is Reno to Elko. Eastbound is more reliable to an extent.

That was my understanding too. I will let you all know how it goes

Offline Billy89

• Couch Lint
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2024, 06:58:08 AM »
The Amtrak app is good for keeping up with delays.  The Feb 25 train is scheduled to depart one minute late at 9:32 pm local time and arrive in SLC on time at 3:05 am local time.  Keep in mind the time zone change. 

Offline mikejt

• High Roller
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2024, 09:01:27 AM »
Thanks for the information. I am familiar with the Amtrak app. Does anybody know if T-Mobile has strong service in Elko?

Offline Q

• Administrator
  • Hoser Family Member
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2024, 06:51:07 PM »
Thanks for the information. I am familiar with the Amtrak app. Does anybody know if T-Mobile has strong service in Elko?
I never had a problem with my t-mobile in Elko.

Offline mikejt

• High Roller
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2024, 08:14:51 PM »
I never had a problem with my t-mobile in Elko.

Thanks for the information.  I have had service issues a few years back in another area of the country.