Author Topic: SESTA/FOSTA  (Read 3763 times)

Offline MidwestCouple

• Monogamish
  • High Roller
SESTA/FOSTA
« on: March 09, 2018, 01:36:09 PM »
We are for ANYTHING that limits and hurts the scum bag elements that take part in sex trafficking, but are curious what effect the pending vote on SESTA/FOSTA will have on LPIN advertising, or even this board? 

Offline Dr. Who

• Hoser Family Member
Re: SESTA/FOSTA
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 02:18:18 PM »
It's going to hurt all of the sex workers who are in this business of their own volition, since they're not differentiating sex work from sex trafficking.  It's all the same under FOSTA-SESTA.  First the death of net neutrality and now this.  ::)

https://www.engadget.com/2018/03/02/how-sex-trafficking-just-opened-the-censorship-floodgates/

Offline GracePreston

• Working Girl
  • Hoser Family Member
  • Affordable Luxury
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 02:42:48 PM »
It will be extremely hard on the Indies out there.

LPIN is wait and see.. I cannot see the legal justification for this board having trouble, simply due to the fact that it is geared towards legal activities in Nevada.  And, the board does a great job of making sure the ladies are attached to a house in order to promote. 
Twitter--  @TempestinaDDcup   The name has changed-- but the awesomesauce remains the same :)

sportsguy

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 07:31:30 PM »
About the indies, I am not sure if they will be affected as badly as many think they will be. The US-based sites would be shutdown, but people would still communicate on p411 which is a Canadian website which the US has no jurisdiction over.

As for us who prefer to do it legally I don't see how they could justify shutting this site down.

Offline GracePreston

• Working Girl
  • Hoser Family Member
  • Affordable Luxury
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 07:55:47 PM »
P411 is Canadian-- but there is more to it than just that.

Twitter won't be as bad as people think.

The major boards... are pretty much all in jeopardy. 
Twitter--  @TempestinaDDcup   The name has changed-- but the awesomesauce remains the same :)

Offline Dr. Who

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 08:35:56 PM »
A big issue is also whether ISPs (and mobile carriers) will work with government/LE and start blocking your access to any and all sites related to the sex industry.  Even legal sites like SIN and the brothel owned sites could get blocked, depending on type of blocking filters they use.  So, it's not going to matter whether these website are in the USA or abroad, if your internet access is being filtered.  Corporate IT departments do it all the time to prevent their employees from accessing adult sites from their work computers.

sportsguy

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 08:58:02 PM »
It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

sizmic

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 09:41:00 PM »
I'm not sure it'll pass the Senate the Republicans in that chamber have a recent history of standing up for their constituents.

Offline MrTShirt

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 11:28:48 PM »

...Twitter won't be as bad as people think...

I know of one lady and have heard of other ladies having their twitter account suspended.
ProstiDUDE Ranch Mgr. - the 26 incher
88% of millionaires used hard work, 12% inherited it
404D4F53534144333837

Offline GracePreston

• Working Girl
  • Hoser Family Member
  • Affordable Luxury
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 06:37:46 AM »
Yes-- if you violate certain rules you're gonna get suspended.  Generally speaking, making threats will get you suspended.  Showing pics with nudity without turning on the filter will get you suspended if you do it enough.

I have two sexwork accounts on Twitter--- neither have ever been suspended... hell, I don't think either of them have been shadowbanned either.

There are rules to follow on Twitter-- but its pretty simple.