Poll

Ever schedule an appointment with a lady who you never met?

Yes
20 (46.5%)
No
23 (53.5%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: March 16, 2017, 07:35:23 PM

Author Topic: Appointment with a lady who you never met.  (Read 6949 times)

Offline Lomez

• High Roller
Re: Appointment with a lady who you never met.
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2017, 12:22:45 PM »
+5
Sure, there's an upside to appointments. For me, the downside soured me. Within about a month, three appointments resulted in the following:

1-An hour before, I get an email that something came up and I need to push this back about 4 hours.
2-Arriving at the ranch, flowers in hand, the shift manager informs me that the lady had a family emergency, but here's the lineup I can choose from.
3-Arriving at the ranch, the lady informs me that she's got an outdate setup for $10000. House minimum, she says.

Let's call this the appointment chilling effect. I'd trust the likes of Jade, Alice or Roxy, but you can see why I wince at the word appointment. YMMV.

RachelVarga

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2017, 01:18:28 PM »
Sure, there's an upside to appointments. For me, the downside soured me. Within about a month, three appointments resulted in the following:

1-An hour before, I get an email that something came up and I need to push this back about 4 hours.
2-Arriving at the ranch, flowers in hand, the shift manager informs me that the lady had a family emergency, but here's the lineup I can choose from.
3-Arriving at the ranch, the lady informs me that she's got an outdate setup for $10000. House minimum, she says.

Let's call this the appointment chilling effect. I'd trust the likes of Jade, Alice or Roxy, but you can see why I wince at the word appointment. YMMV.

No one should have to deal with this. Last week I had a family issue and flew home but I have appts this weekend. I came back. I could have put them off but I didn't. If I couldn't I would have contacted the client personally and not leave it to the shift manager. Flowers in hand? Awww that was sweet. Sorry you had to go through that. I would be soured too. The outdate for 10k. Wow that is hard because it's a big amount. I had this come up once and thankfully the outdate was cool because I already had an appointment and we did it later. I just couldn't dump on someone like that. That will ruin your reputation so I stuck to the original appt and did the outdate later. If I lost it then I lost it.

Max Wood

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2017, 05:16:12 PM »
+1

Welcome to the club.

Offline RoxyGold

• Working Girl
  • Hoser Family Member
  • Girl With the Golden Touch
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2017, 02:48:33 AM »
Whoa. Reading so many replies as to why making an appointment didn't work out, I apologize on behalf of all of us working ladies who would never even dream of doing that to someone. I learned when I was very small that it was rude to make plans with someone and then not show up. In an example is the Failed Slumber Party Of Fifth Grade. I invite 5 girls, 5 girls say they will come. I rent videos from Blockbuster, get enough pizza, soda, and ice cream for everyone (including my siblings, per the condition on which I could have said Slumber Party) WHICH I BOUGHT WITH MY OWN MONEY that I had been saving for some time. Of the 5, only 1 girl shows up. We still have fun, but it's definitely not the same. My parents are ticked that I didn't invite better people who would at least have the decency to say they had other plans, then the rule becomes No More Slumber Parties which in turn made my sisters ticked at me. Upside is that the girl who did show up is to this day a very good friend of mine.

So, I totally paid it forward and never cancelled anything unless it was for an obligation that could not be met at any other time. Even if something was totally epic (Friend: Hey! I've got an extra ticket to The Best Band In The World tonight! Want to go? Front row seats! Me: Nah, I can't. Me and Other Friend are going to see The New Really Stupid Funny Movie that just came out. Have fun, though. Thanks for thinking of me.") I am very loyal and first comes first. :)
Courtesan of the Year 2018
Available at Mona’s Ranch in Elko
Twitter @missroxygold

And the girl in the corner said Boy, I wanna warn you it’ll turn into a Ballroom Blitz

Max Wood

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2017, 05:02:02 AM »
+1
Roxy, there's no need for an apology. Obviously you and a good many other ladies have integrity, are true professionals, and this is much appreciated. In any walk of life there are those with class, with consideration for others, and those that will say and do most anything to achieve their goals. My problem isn't with the ladies so much as it is with the houses. They know that a significant percentage of their clients travel great distances, and are banking on the fact that under these circumstances a horny dick will bang almost anything, so they deliberately conceal the truth, figuring the guy will just settle for someone else, and everyone gets what they want (more or less). Business is business, right? So the bottom line is that I can't believe anything I'm told by the house, which means even those ladies with integrity will sense a lack of trust from clients.

TXmonger76

« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2017, 05:09:18 AM »
Roxy, there's no need for an apology. Obviously you and a good many other ladies have integrity, are true professionals, and this is much appreciated. In any walk of life there are those with class, with consideration for others, and those that will say and do most anything to achieve their goals. My problem isn't with the ladies so much as it is with the houses. They know that a significant percentage of their clients travel great distances, and are banking on the fact that under these circumstances a horny dick will bang almost anything, so they deliberately conceal the truth, figuring the guy will just settle for someone else, and everyone gets what they want (more or less). Business is business, right? So the bottom line is that I can't believe anything I'm told by the house, which means even those ladies with integrity will sense a lack of trust from clients.
Yep. I trust, and value certain ladies. Management, not so much.

Ruby Rae

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2017, 10:33:13 PM »
+1
It works for some, doesn't work for others.
I found after coming back this time that I didn't want to require deposits anymore. I didn't want the weight of obligation on me to make it work with someone. A guy contacted me last week last minute about coming in to see me. I usually don't work Wednesdays because of school, but I was on spring break so I said I would stay until 6pm that night for him. He emailed and said he would be an hour late. Waited another hour. Then he just didn't show up. Yeah, I was pissed. I thought for a second, "THIS is why I used to have everyone put down a deposit for an appointment with me!" But then I calmed down, thought about it, and realized this was just one guy out of the many who do show up for their appointments without leaving deposits. I understand that we've all been burned - clients and ladies - but I guess I just try to take peoples' actions individually. The no-show guy is blocked from sending me emails and I blocked his IP address as well. I made him suffer the consequences instead of everyone else *shrug*

AliceLittle

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2017, 09:53:59 AM »
+1
there are both pros and cons to appointments from both sides of the coin- my question is, how can we balance things so that everyone is happy?

For me, the amount of the deposit doesn't really matter. $5, $50, $250- it communicates to me the same information: That you're a real person, and that you are genuinely interested. The amount can be as small or as large as you are comfortable leaving. I am also very okay with taking appointments without a deposit during my scheduled shift hours- just let me know what day and time, and we're golden  ;D

My suggestion would be the following: Yes, contact the lady and at the very least, let her know what day and when you plan to arrive. If you are comfortable making a deposit- go ahead. If not, perhaps mention this, and rather than the 'traditional' 10%, leave a smaller amount. If you do not want to leave any deposit amount, perhaps ask the lady when it would be most convenient for you to visit.  This way everyone is happy  ;)

for repeat clients, I never require a deposit- but YMMV depending on each lady, as with all things :)

Offline niceguy eddie

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2017, 10:07:02 AM »
 Excuse me for ignoring the obvious but if it's a lady who you've never met before how do you know if the prices to be able to leave 10%  since you have not negotiated the price of the party.  And if your deposit is presumed to be 10%, does that lock the partying at an additional 90%?

I thought prices could only be discussed in the brothel.

I remember reading one thread from years ago were some guy left $1000 deposit , got there and the lady demanded $2000. Not wanting to lose the thousand dollars, the paver price.

To demonstrate good faith and commitment to show up, I can understand requiring a deposit, however in the case of a lady who you've never partied with I would think that would open up a different bag of worms:  does the amount that you left commit you to spending 10 times that amount on the party?

sizmic

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2017, 10:44:09 AM »
Eddie,

With my limited , I.E. no experience I have a similar concern.  My go to would be to confirm with the house that the deposit can be used with other ladies if you for some reason cannot work it out with your lady of choice.  Additionally,  I plan to deposit more than 10% as to show I am serious so that the lady of my choice can have that piece of mind.

Assuming that the deposit is transferable among ladies I don't see much risk to this.  That said, the ladies I am booking with are well reviewed and are fair business owners from what I have been able to find out on these boards and by talking with experienced mongers. 

Ruby Rae

« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2017, 11:31:36 AM »
Excuse me for ignoring the obvious but if it's a lady who you've never met before how do you know if the prices to be able to leave 10%  since you have not negotiated the price of the party.  And if your deposit is presumed to be 10%, does that lock the partying at an additional 90%?

I thought prices could only be discussed in the brothel.

I remember reading one thread from years ago were some guy left $1000 deposit , got there and the lady demanded $2000. Not wanting to lose the thousand dollars, the paver price.

To demonstrate good faith and commitment to show up, I can understand requiring a deposit, however in the case of a lady who you've never partied with I would think that would open up a different bag of worms:  does the amount that you left commit you to spending 10 times that amount on the party?

I believe a deposit should be based on what the client can afford, versus what a lady will ask for price wise.. If you negotiate and find out that she is out of your price range and/or you can't come to an agreement, then you can switch your deposit to someone else. Another reason it's always good to have backups.

Offline niceguy eddie

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2017, 11:52:04 AM »
 This makes sense – so the hundred dollars is nonrefundable amount of the client  were to not show, as opposed to the  deposit representing 10% of the party total.

Offline niceguy eddie

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2017, 01:31:01 PM »
But it seems to me that a lot of brothels and ladies consider the deposit to be 10% of the price you intend to pay for the party.

Let's see, you are not allowed to negotiate a party except in person in the brothel, but you are allowed to put down a deposit for a party, which most ladies and brothels consider be equal to 10% of the price of the party. 

And then you get there and find yourself in a situation where maybe you wanted to spend $600 or $700, but they insist on $1000 based on your deposit representing 10% of the value.

In this case you either get disgusted and walk because you have lost your enthusiasm and don't like being pressured.  Hell, you may even be pissed off.  Or you bite the bullet and pay the extra money for the party--since you made the trip and really wanted to see the girl.

Again, I can completely see requiring non-refundable deposits for appointments if the guy doesn't show.  But there is the problem that many lady's and brothels consider the deposit to be equal to 10% of the party's price.

isurfer

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2017, 06:16:55 PM »
there are both pros and cons to appointments from both sides of the coin- my question is, how can we balance things so that everyone is happy?

For me, the amount of the deposit doesn't really matter. $5, $50, $250- it communicates to me the same information: That you're a real person, and that you are genuinely interested. The amount can be as small or as large as you are comfortable leaving. I am also very okay with taking appointments without a deposit during my scheduled shift hours- just let me know what day and time, and we're golden  ;D

My suggestion would be the following: Yes, contact the lady and at the very least, let her know what day and when you plan to arrive. If you are comfortable making a deposit- go ahead. If not, perhaps mention this, and rather than the 'traditional' 10%, leave a smaller amount. If you do not want to leave any deposit amount, perhaps ask the lady when it would be most convenient for you to visit.  This way everyone is happy  ;)

for repeat clients, I never require a deposit- but YMMV depending on each lady, as with all things :)
I have a possible solution. Instead of making a deposit of 10% of what you think you might spend on a party, make a deposit of $20 to the courtesan when you make an appointment time that is agreeable to her, that deposit amount to be used towards the cost of the party. For example, the party ends up costing $1000, the amount the monger pays after negotiations is $980 since he already deposited $20. If the monger is fake, a no show making an appointment just to pull her leg and antagonize her (there are people that do that, and some of them are just trolls or kids that have no intention of visiting a brothel right now) tell her that if you don't contact her or the brothel to let them know you are going to be late or miss your appointment, the courtesan can keep the $20 as a tip for missing any lineups that she has skipped and possible parties during her regular schedule and the work of setting aside time for you. If you reschedule your appointment with a call, the $20 still goes towards your future party cost. Consider the $20 to be non-refundable, a tip if you don't show or are a no call or don't party, or as funds deposited towards your party or future party. $20 isn't much, it shows that you are for real and serious about showing up at the brothel to party. Not many internet jokesters are willing to pay $20 just to play a joke and antagonize the courtesans by making deliberate no show appointments. How many active mongers here are not willing to give the courtesan a $20 tip if they don't make a call to cancel or reschedule an appointment? Once you actually meet the courtesan in person, talk to her and you find out the chemistry isn't there or you can't agree during negotiations, is the $20 deposit you made too much to give to her as a tip for her time and effort? The $20 is at least something if you don't end up partying with her. If you don't want to use a credit card for a deposit, just go and get a money order and mail it to the brothel.

The only exception to this might be for an unknown client that wants to make an appointment for a long party or outdate, or one scheduled during a courtesan's days off or when she is on vacation. At that point maybe the non-refundable deposit should be $100 or something along those lines to cover any expenses to reserve an appointment time. For example, one divorced courtesan had an appointment for a party on her days off from the ranch. She had kids and had to pay for a babysitter (4 hour minimum) while she was at the ranch for the appointment since it was her time off and her week to have the kids. She had to pay for the STD doctor exam specifically to get cleared for this appointment since she was not scheduled to normally work. She didn't get to party, so she actually lost money (doctor and babysitter costs out of pocket) and time away from her kids driving to the doctor and time at the ranches. She didn't want to stay for lineups at the ranch, there was no guarantee of making any money and she would have to pay the babysitter more money, she already lost money and regretted her time away from the kids.

Offline niceguy eddie

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2017, 07:54:57 PM »
Isurfer,

I see the problem from both sides.

For the Courtesan she is taking herself off the lineup early for the appointment, and staying out of lineups--both of these situations result in her missing out on opportunities to make money.  And for what--some guy who made an appointment and might not show up? 

I think the deposit needs to be more than $20.  I have no problem with it being $100 so long as it is seen as a $100 deposit and not a deposit for 10% the cost of the party.

Of course some ladies and houses may see it as a 10% deposit that locks the client into spending at least $1000--so we are back where we started.