Author Topic: LAS VEGAS HOTELS  (Read 9612 times)

Golden Slumbers

Re: LAS VEGAS HOTELS
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2016, 10:06:30 PM »
Stayed at Monte Carlo this year. Not real impressed, but the stadium looked pretty awesome out the window......
I'd like to stay downtown my next trip to Las Vegas at the Golden Nugget. Looked like they've really put some effort into improving the joint. Swim pool, aquarium, room renovations, and they say the price is a lot better than the strip? Anyone stay recently at the GN? Thoughts?

My most recent stay there was about a half year ago, and I've stayed there several times over the years.  I like it myself, and I'm pretty picky about hotels.

The Carson Tower has the cheapest rooms.  I haven't stayed in those in a while and they were fine when I did, but from some recent reviews I've read it seems they might be letting those fall apart a little bit.

The newer Rush Tower rooms are very nice, but the price for those is closer to the prices on the Strip.

The food has been good at all of the places I've eaten there.  Overall it's a nice facility.

Offline COH

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2016, 07:28:40 AM »
Stayed at Monte Carlo this year. Not real impressed, but the stadium looked pretty awesome out the window......
I'd like to stay downtown my next trip to Las Vegas at the Golden Nugget. Looked like they've really put some effort into improving the joint. Swim pool, aquarium, room renovations, and they say the price is a lot better than the strip? Anyone stay recently at the GN? Thoughts?

About the Monte Carlo..... would say more of a basic themed MGM property.  Inside dined at a restaurant called BRAND..... YUM YUM that chicken was delicious.  This side of strip includes many nearby arenas..... MGM Grand Garden Arena, Mandalay Bay Events Center, House of Blues Music Hall, and the new T-Mobile Arena where it will be home to a new NHL hockey team.
Because Madam Tara and Madam Jennifer mistreat, bully, wanting to control numerous people; I stopped visiting the Mustang Ranch.  Therefore, can no longer recommend this business.

Offline georoc01

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2016, 08:25:38 AM »
I was at T-Mobile for UFC 200, it is very nice. Reminded me of the O2 arena in London, but without as many outdoor activities. I'm assuming they are leaving that for the Monte Carlo and NYNY.

Its a shame that the stadium proposal for the Raiders is no long the property on the other side of the highway from there. All they would have needed was a bridge and you would have a great interconnect of entertainment facilities.

Offline Dr. Who

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2016, 10:04:49 AM »
The Monte Carlo is being rebranded and renamed.  They're planning to spit the hotel into two parts, the NoMad Las Vegas and The Park MGM.  The Monte use to be a nice mid-priced hotel, but I'm sure room rates will skyrocket once everything is completed.  They've already started with the renovations/construction, so if anyone is planning to stay at the Monte anytime soon, some sections are already closed.  With City Center next door, I'm not surprised by these changes.

Offline COH

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2016, 04:35:52 PM »
The Monte Carlo is being rebranded and renamed.  They're planning to spit the hotel into two parts, the NoMad Las Vegas and The Park MGM.  The Monte use to be a nice mid-priced hotel, but I'm sure room rates will skyrocket once everything is completed.  They've already started with the renovations/construction, so if anyone is planning to stay at the Monte anytime soon, some sections are already closed.  With City Center next door, I'm not surprised by these changes.

Dr. Who how will the split happen as the Monte Carlo has three wings?  Or possible expansion somehow?  Anywho that's interesting news.
Because Madam Tara and Madam Jennifer mistreat, bully, wanting to control numerous people; I stopped visiting the Mustang Ranch.  Therefore, can no longer recommend this business.

Offline FumbleNutts

• Hoser Family Member
  • None of us are perfect :)
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2016, 04:38:23 PM »

My most recent stay there was about a half year ago, and I've stayed there several times over the years.  I like it myself, and I'm pretty picky about hotels.

The Carson Tower has the cheapest rooms.  I haven't stayed in those in a while and they were fine when I did, but from some recent reviews I've read it seems they might be letting those fall apart a little bit.

The newer Rush Tower rooms are very nice, but the price for those is closer to the prices on the Strip.

The food has been good at all of the places I've eaten there.  Overall it's a nice facility.

Thank you, GS!

Offline georoc01

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2016, 05:50:49 PM »
If you are a coffee person and use a Keurig, the Nugget has a Keurig in every room. So pack a couple of K-Cups.

Offline Armond

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2016, 10:29:05 PM »
Visited Mirage today, they now charge for parking in their structure, wtf???

Offline Dr. Who

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2016, 11:19:07 PM »
Yup, no free parking at any of the MGM properties (except Circus Circus, as sportsguy mentioned earlier).  Although if you're a MLife member and are at the Pearl level, you get free self-parking.  You pretty much have to be a high roller, if you want free valet parking.  MGM started this whole parking fee BS and I'm sure other properties will play follow the leader just like what happened with the resort fees.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 11:21:34 PM by Dr. Who »

Golden Slumbers

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2016, 02:24:45 AM »

Thank you, GS!

You're welcome!  I also forgot to mention that if you stay in the Rush Tower, ask for the side that faces away from the Fremont Street Experience.  The bands are loud and they played until 1 am on the weekdays I was there (maybe later on weekends?).  Unless you are up all night, in which case it doesn't matter.  I'm not sure which rooms or wings in the other towers might have that problem.

Offline COH

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2016, 05:52:47 PM »
Yup, no free parking at any of the MGM properties (except Circus Circus, as sportsguy mentioned earlier).  Although if you're a MLife member and are at the Pearl level, you get free self-parking.  You pretty much have to be a high roller, if you want free valet parking.  MGM started this whole parking fee BS and I'm sure other properties will play follow the leader just like what happened with the resort fees.

Why did MGM started charging customers for parking?  Theory..... T - Mobile Arena

Offline FumbleNutts

• Hoser Family Member
  • None of us are perfect :)
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2016, 06:04:31 PM »
If you are a coffee person and use a Keurig, the Nugget has a Keurig in every room. So pack a couple of K-Cups.
Absolutely have to have my coffee - Liferjuice.....
Thanks geo, I'll grab a box or two for my trip out there in the Spring.

Offline georoc01

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2016, 06:14:21 PM »

Oh definitely. They paid 100% of the costs to build the arena and want to maximize the revenues gained.

But there other reason was because they can. They have a concentration down in that part of the strip that makes it really challenging to park elsewhere and walk.

And it does impact my desire to rent a car when I go to Vegas. Or at least where I stay when I do. If it wasn't for the brothels, I doubt I'd ever rent a car while staying on the strip in Vegas.

Why did MGM started charging customers for parking?  Theory..... T - Mobile Arena

Golden Slumbers

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2016, 08:17:13 PM »

Yep, the arena and the new parking structure.

Offline ChicagoBob

• Horn Dog
  • Hoser Family Member
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2016, 04:39:07 PM »
New York charges to park too.
History will absolve me

Twitter@ChicagoBob6969