Author Topic: Watching Cathouse on HBO  (Read 11163 times)

sportsman

Watching Cathouse on HBO
« on: December 01, 2011, 11:49:32 PM »
+3
Too much Dannielle in the Dec. 1 show ruined the episode...
Her negotiating style would infuriate most working girls
who want to make LPIN a success, as well as send 
 disconcerting messages to prospective clients...
If these HBO programs are considered infomercials by
discerning viewers, thern the information disseminated
did a disservice to every working girl in Nevada.
There were a few scenes with Max,   Cami Parker and other
working girls that were good, but the spots with Dannnielle spoiled
 the continuity in what could have been a really solid program
featuring the Moonlite Ladies, most of whom are great, fun people.
Those scenes  were unwelcomed interruptions, as was a a verbal
confrontation Dannielle had with some of the MLBR ladies.
Dannielle left the ranch,  but her exit came too late in the episode
to save it  ... :( >:( :-\ :-[ >:( 8) 8) ??? ???

« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 02:57:38 PM by sportsman »

Offline Wildfire

• Hoser Family Member
Re: Watching Cathouse on HBO
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 07:53:03 AM »
+1
Too much Dannielle in the Dec. 1 show ruined the episode...
Her negotiating style would infuriate most working girls
who want to make LPIN a success, as well as send 
 disconcerting messages to prospective clients...
If these HBO programs are considered infomercials by
discerning viewers, thern the information disseminated
did a disservice to every working girl in Nevada.
There were a few scenes with Max,   Cami Parker and other
working girls that were good, but the spots with Dannnielle spoiled
 the continuity in what could have vbeen a really solid program
featuring the Moonlite Ladies, most of whom are great, fun people.
Those scenes  were unwelcomed interruiptions, as was a a verbal
confrontation Dannielle had with some of the MLBR ladies.
Dannielle left the ranch,  but her exit came too late in the episode
to save it  ... :( >:( :-\ :-[ >:( 8) 8) ??? ???

That style of negotiating would make me walk.   Dannielle was way over the top.

Offline ice-storm

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 04:36:12 PM »
Forget the style of negotiating, she isn't even hot.

goldie

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 04:57:41 PM »
+1
But she is has evolved as the primary subject of this thread, which means she is probably what people who watched the show are talking about...and that's exactly what the people promoting the show want.

I didn't see it, but sounds like she's the one everyone will love to hate...and that's what makes people watch shows and talk about them. Sounds like including her was a pretty smart move....

Goldie

sportsman

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 05:19:47 PM »
+2
Maybe, Goldie, but I talked with a lady friend who works at the MLBR...she regularly receives several emails a day, but had none as of 2 p.m. this afternoon...and since when is denigrating that particular episode HELP the bunny ranch in particular or LPIN in generally... it was bad ...period... ::) ::)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 02:58:53 PM by sportsman »

goldie

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 06:13:29 PM »
+3
Maybe, Goldie, but I talkrd with a lady friend who works at the MLBR...she regularly receives several emails a day, but had none as of 2 p.m. this afternoon...and since when is denigrating that particular episode HELP the bunny ranch in particular or LPIN in general?riv... it was bad ...period...

The show is supposed to make people talk about the show and want to watch the show. And putting on the character who everyone loves to hate makes people talk about it.  And THAT helps HBO make money off of the show...

I'm quite sure HBO couldn't care less about helping LPIN in general or even the Bunny Ranch in particular. They want to make a show people will talk about and tune in for.

It happens over and over again on reality TV...everyone wants to see the person that everyone hates!!!!

Goldie
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 06:15:11 PM by goldie »

Offline ice-storm

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 07:09:26 PM »
+2
There's a term in the pro wrestling business known as X-Pac Heat. It was developed for a wrestler named Sean "X-Pac" Waltman who got a poor reception from the crowd where they didn't want to see him.

To me she's not playing the role of a villain in that you want to hate her, she's playing the role of someone you'd change the channel on if you saw her. So to me, HBO is doing themselves a disservice.

And before anyone tries and plays the race card; I can pick any rapper, watch one of their videos, and find at least 1 girl in the video who I'd want to party with over Danielle.

MsPheonix

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 08:09:41 PM »
Sportsman thanks for the post....I have only seen Cathouse a couple of times.  In this recent economic crunch, I have sacrificed cable/satellite t.v. and went with Netflix...(a savings of over $80 per month  8) there may be Cathouse episodes there, but haven't looked.  HOWEVER, the post you made with the you tube Salt Wells destruction, had episodes of "Pleasure for Sale" via the Chicken Ranch.  I did watch a few of those and found them interesting.  From what I saw it focused more on the LP's feelings in RL and working life.  I didn't watch all of them as they were poorly out of order and some episodes contained multiple parts....this series was via Sundance Channel and I did go to their website and look for the program but there was nothing available.  For educational sake, I would love to see it so I can feel what you are feeling.

I am also giving Goldie a loud clap for her speaking her mind, and I do want to say she has a point I tend to agree with.

xoxoxox

sportsman

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 09:32:06 PM »
I watch HBO's Cathouse because I have been going to MLBR for 10 years
and have met most of the working girls presented on that show. I watched
 it to be entertained ... I was not entertained Dec. 1. I know quality entertainment.
 but that program, while offering a uniquely disagreeable sequence of events
did LPIN a disservice. No one believes HBO owes viewers anything except to entertain.
In the strict sense of what entertainment is, the Dec. 1 show did not meet the criteria
.It is said
if you use my name associated with anything. good or bad, spell it right.
Whether HBO
 intended to annoy viewers with that episode...they have succeeded...however it was not
even close to being reasonably good television...
  8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline Interested bystander

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 10:17:38 PM »
+1
, had episodes of "Pleasure for Sale" via the Chicken Ranch.  I did watch a few of those and found them interesting.  From what I saw it focused more on the LP's feelings in RL and working life.  I didn't watch all of them as they were poorly out of order and some episodes contained multiple parts....this series was via Sundance Channel and I did go to their website and look for the program but there was nothing available.  For educational sake, I would love to see it so I can feel what you are feeling.

When Pleasure for Sale was first broadcast on Sundance I recorded it and then transferred it to DVD.    We did a "film festival" several years ago at the LPIN Gathering picnic, I might have to give that a go again.

sperminator

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 12:57:29 AM »
+1
Her bug eyes have always reminded me of bettlejuice from the howard stern show.

Offline georoc01

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 01:51:53 AM »
+2
I just watched the episode "Frisky Business" on Demand...

This episode had more talking about prices and pricing than probably all of the previous episodes combined.

While Danielle and her get every penny out of a customer style can be infuriating as a customer, at least she is honest about why she is there. And given the fight and the fact that she left the way she did, certainly did not sell the house to that the fact of how it works. What did that was having Madam Suzette say that she thinks that most of the ladies there undersell themselves and should learn from Danielle on how to make more money.

Who probably did more damage was the rest of the ladies, especially Cami. The scene with Max was very telling..

Max.."Here is your chance, show me your game"
Cami "5 grand"
Max "I couldn't afford that, $500"
Cami "Oh, I would never do a guy for $500"
Max "Do you realize you just offended 90% of the guys out there?"

Cami also stated that when she started she asked other ladies what the charge, and said she was told $2,500

Its obvious that Cami is trying to sell herself to the top guys financially, for whom dropping $5k is no big deal, but in doing so, has damaged the house as well as selling it that every guy who comes there spends in those ranges and is out of touch with the rest of us.

Who came across best in the episode were Jazzy and Barbie. But even they were talking $500 for 20 minutes..

« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 07:54:58 AM by georoc01 »

Offline Wildfire

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 09:28:16 AM »
I just watched the episode "Frisky Business" on Demand...

This episode had more talking about prices and pricing than probably all of the previous episodes combined.

While Danielle and her get every penny out of a customer style can be infuriating as a customer, at least she is honest about why she is there. And given the fight and the fact that she left the way she did, certainly did not sell the house to that the fact of how it works. What did that was having Madam Suzette say that she thinks that most of the ladies there undersell themselves and should learn from Danielle on how to make more money.

Who probably did more damage was the rest of the ladies, especially Cami. The scene with Max was very telling..

Max.."Here is your chance, show me your game"
Cami "5 grand"
Max "I couldn't afford that, $500"
Cami "Oh, I would never do a guy for $500"
Max "Do you realize you just offended 90% of the guys out there?"

Cami also stated that when she started she asked other ladies what the charge, and said she was told $2,500

Its obvious that Cami is trying to sell herself to the top guys financially, for whom dropping $5k is no big deal, but in doing so, has damaged the house as well as selling it that every guy who comes there spends in those ranges and is out of touch with the rest of us.

Who came across best in the episode were Jazzy and Barbie. But even they were talking $500 for 20 minutes..

georoc01 good revew of the episode.

This episode would make me not want to go to the Bunny Ranch.  Was this what they wanted to do ?  Very interesting that the date of production was 2-15-2010 and just now airing.

And what happened to the you can't talk about prices ?  With Danielle wanting 10k per hour.  Cami at $2500 ( and she only want 1 party per day )  Barbie and Jazzy at $1500 and hour. 

Max  is right she did (Cami) offend allot of guys by turning down $500.

Than you have Madam Suzette wanting every one to be like Danielle and hassle more money. Sounds like they do not want repeat business.

Don't get the wrong ideal I thank they can ask what ever amount they want to but I can also walk out.

We all go the ranches to have fun we do not want to fill hassled .I am willing to spend good amount for a good party. But the amount some of the ladies at MLBR want is way over what the working man can afford.

This was a good episode because now we know what the rules of the game is at the old MLBR. 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 01:27:29 PM by Wildfire »

Offline georoc01

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 10:02:58 AM »
I didn't pick it up quite that way. That Cami heard from others that $2,500/hr was the norm, but she was asking 5k.

And that she only wanted to do one party a day, which seems strange for a true nymphomaniac. She didn't say how long for 5 grand. That could be for 15 minutes or all night if she is only doing one party a day.

But it was clear that $500 wasn't going to be enough. At least Barbie and Jazzy seemed more flexible in both time and price.

MsPheonix

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 02:42:31 PM »
+2
I think Cami charges $500 an hour for the party, and $4,500 not to talk in her annoying voice during the party - ouch, that was mean, but it's true.