Author Topic: Basque Restaurants in Winnemucca?  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Tim

• Couch Lint
Re: Basque Restaurants in Winnemucca?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2017, 09:21:29 PM »
There is another hidden gem near Carson City.

One of the best Basque places in Nevada is JT Basque Bar in Gardnerville.  It is on the west side of 395, just south of Sharkey's.  JT is one of those local places that all of the old timers know about, with a huge local following, with no need to advertise.  JT has been owned and operated by the same Basque family for more than half a century.

It is in a historic building, moved from Virginia City over one hundred years ago.  They have smaller tables, as well as family-style seating.  They serve an enormous dinner, which includes the house wine.

Several generations of my family have enjoyed dinner here.  It's that good.

jadecapri

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 02:15:08 PM »
I haven't been there, but have to make a note for the next time I am in Winnemucca, The outside seating area is charming.
I love Basque food. In a way is very similar to the way we cook at home in Brasil. It's because I have Basque origen.
I have been to JT and is really good! I love the oxtail soup style and I had the lamb. 

TheImpsDelight

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 09:51:00 PM »
I have eaten there once I thought the food was very good. Restaurant seems to be a locals favorite.

Wait, they have one in Elko? I need to try that...

Borg2

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2017, 05:47:15 AM »
I have eaten there once I thought the food was very good. Restaurant seems to be a locals favorite.

Wait, they have one in Elko? I need to try that...

The Star is 1 block from the houses in Elko.

Offline redshift

• Lookie-Loo
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2017, 12:08:38 PM »
+1 for the Martin in Winnemucca

the garlic soup is my favorite