Author Topic: The Unpopular Opinion Puffin Thread  (Read 12077 times)

Offline KittiMinx

• Geek Girl & LPIN Supporter
  • Working Girl
  • Hoser Family Member
  • Budget Friendly VIP Service!
    • You Can Haz A Kitti
Re: The Unpopular Opinion Puffin Thread
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2017, 04:43:59 PM »
+1
The new photo thing in the IPhone 8/X that can make every photo look like a classic cheesy Senior Portrait is the greatest piece of innovation in recent history and whoever developed and created it deserves a raise.

If a sex worker at a brothel shows to be quite capable at things other than sex work, especially things valuable to a business to run smoothly, the brothel should consider discussing actual employment options with the sex worker rather than limit them or compensate them in some other way for doing extra work.

chuckar chaser

« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2017, 05:31:35 PM »
+4
I can't get any of the ladies to do a trailer park trash theme party with me.
I just want to go on a little out date to Chuck-E-cheese with 5 random kids we rent from a homeless family.  Then drop the kids off. Go back to the room drink cheap beer and fuck all night. At a trailer park trash price.

Offline Mitch

• Couch Lint
  • Mitch Connor
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2017, 07:49:41 PM »
+5
I can't tell you what it costs until you get here.
And a 10% deposit is required.

chuckar chaser

« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2017, 08:11:08 PM »
+1
I just lost 5 pounds trimming my toe nails.

ColtsFan90

« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2017, 08:44:09 PM »
I can't tell you what it costs until you get here.
And a 10% deposit is required.

Sounds like a fair system.  Anyone who would offer any sort of criticism of this system clearly suffers from TOXIC ENTITLEMENT issues.

LuvUShortTime

« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2017, 08:55:52 PM »
Honestly, how hard is it to read and follow thread rules?

Unpopular Opinion Puffin
Rules:
- Post your unpopular opinion or opinion you hav you may think is unpopular.
- Do not reply to or argue someone's unpopular opinion - it's why this thread was made.
- If you agree with someone's unpopular opinion feel free to "Like" it (I have a feeling some "unpopular opinions" may be more popular than people think)
- Have fun and don't take things super seriously

roxanneprice

« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2017, 09:00:49 PM »
+6
Some of you guys are true experts at the art of strawmanning

Offline Ironman

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2017, 09:44:42 PM »
Some of you guys are true experts at the art of strawmanning

Good one I hadn't heard that term before. I had to look it up.Up arrow for you miss Roxanne.😎

HomosexualHarold

« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2017, 10:06:31 PM »
+3
Obama was the best president since Eisenhower.

ColtsFan90

« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2017, 10:07:25 PM »
How have you guys never heard of a straw man?  It's something that's learned in junior high English class.

If anything, it's a false equivalence fallacy anyway, since going to a brothel isn't like getting psychological counseling.

Rolex79

« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2017, 11:08:31 PM »
Presenting a differing opinion from someone else's with an open mind isn't toxicity, it is dialectic.  Attacking the person, taunting, harassing, trolling, or bullying them is toxic.  I'm all for lively discussions with others bringing different views but people can get toxic here because #1. They take anyone presenting an opinion outside of the norms of the established echo chamber as an affront to the entire community (see the article Roxanne posted in reply #13) and #2. They choose to fight back with personal attacks vs. gathering evidence and presenting counter arguments.

I'm sure that the people mass tweeting to August Ames telling her that she is a disgusting homophobe and that she should take a cyanide pill were thinking that they were just expressing their opinion as well.  We all tragically saw how that turned out.  That kind of behavior isn't much different than calling someone bullshit, a bitch, or a cuck,  or stating over and over again for weeks that the person's opinion's don't matter because they don't really exist: they are a sock puppet (even after several people proved otherwise).

Those people that get the difference and choose to present their arguments in a civil manor, I love having lively discussions with you and, if we ever meet, 1st round is on me.  For those of you that don't understand the difference or just choose to spew toxicity for personal fun, I really hope that the August Ames tragedy has shown you that words do matter, even on the anonymous internet.  Words have impact and words can be weapons if used maliciously.
One thing that i thought about regarding August Ames if she was concerned about getting a negative reaction when she made her decision (we all know what it is) why did she have to put it out publicly on social media surely she must of thought about the probabilities of incurring negative reactions. much better to prevent than to post heal.

Rolex79

« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2017, 11:20:52 PM »
this may come as harsh but i do have little sympathy for people who expect sympathy and understanding when they themselves are not smart enough to weigh in the consequences of actions that will divide and polarize the social media establishment. one must feel that they are digging up their own grave.
I will trace a comparison in fiction movie lore and the critic Roger Ebert who scoffed at the ''idiot plot syndrome'' witch required everybody to say the wrong thing at the wrong time to protect the idiocy of it's mistake.
The difference is that this was not a movie so there was no protection of the idiot mistake, to move the plot along like in a movie.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 11:31:23 PM by Rolex79 »

Rolex79

« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2017, 11:33:10 PM »
Again a wake up and smell the coffee call ''The hero could have avoided all this trouble if only she weren't an idiot''

Rolex79

« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2017, 12:22:28 AM »
Again a wake up and smell the coffee call ''The hero could have avoided all this trouble if only she weren't an idiot''
i'm not making a bad case around her i do sympathize with her and my heart got shaken up but she could have been maybe avoided twitter and other social media apps i'm sure she was aware that the LGBT community also uses twitter.

Offline Ironman

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2017, 07:47:48 AM »
How have you guys never heard of a straw man?  It's something that's learned in junior high English class.

If anything, it's a false equivalence fallacy anyway, since going to a brothel isn't like getting psychological counseling.

I can't speak for 9er, but Me not edumacted or something.😆

Seriously my JR. High English Teacher did not cover that term. Everyone on here also knows I can't spell worth a crap if my life Depended on it, and my grammar is just as bad if not worse. My subject was US history.

I am full of useless bits of Trivia and General Knowledge.

But when. It comes to The written word forget it, and don't even get me started on math. I can add subtract. I know my times tables. I can even do a little simple division maybe a simple fraction. But that's as far as it goes.

I did look up the term.  It will now be added to my vault of useless knowledge that is in the waste land that is my so called mind.😆