Author Topic: Local and Knowledgable Mongers!  (Read 1855 times)

Ruby Rae

Local and Knowledgable Mongers!
« on: October 31, 2012, 08:48:36 PM »
I think this would be the most accurate section to put this question in.....

Are there any shooting ranges that offer hands on lessons with rifles in the Carson City and surrounding areas?

Any help/information would be appreciated! I've tried googling and not much came up....

xoxo
RR

Ruby Rae

Re: Local and Knowledgable Mongers!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 09:15:40 PM »
Spank you! I will call them tomorrow. If anyone has anymore, please post them!

And I may be going hunting haha. Next weekend I'm going out of town and I think we'll definitely be going shooting and/or hunting. I'm terrified of guns and can't show up being a total newb......so lessons here I come!

ancient mariner

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 09:26:01 PM »
They're just tools, like circular saws and automobiles, the trick is in paying attention and following a few simple rules.

http://www.remington.com/~/link.aspx?_id=5B6EB408A13E4DE5960FD674D7459CAC&_z=z this is a good guide on basic safety.

Offline oldskiis

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 09:30:44 PM »
    Ask Dennis Hof, for some reason I seem to recall that he and some of the bunny's used to shoot east of Carson, there is a large trap shooting complex near Genoa and sometimes those places also have a rifle range, protect your ears, get used to small caliber first, and do not worry if you do not like it, had a sister that grew up hunting and shooting, the rest had no use for it

Tim

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 09:33:32 PM »
Found this through google

http://nevadagunrental.com/

They have all types of firearms and training, including rifles, apparently they can also offer their training services on Carson Range since their site lists it.

Offline Hiking Guy

• Hoser Family Member
  • Hey, I'm finally a Hoser Family Member!
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 09:59:38 PM »
Ruby,

Since you are close by, you could check out the Carson Armory, located at the beginning of kit kat lane in mound house. About 10 years ago during a LPIN Gathering in july, one of the events that year was a shooting event at that location.  I was able to try several handguns at their undoor shooting range & that was the first time I ever shot a handgun. They also gave a short safety class for us newbies.  I don't know if they do anything with rifles but you probably drive by them every day so it would be easy to stop & check them out--I haven't been there in years so I'm not sure how things are now.

Carson Armory
Their phone # is 775-883-4409,
Address: 10113 US 50   in mound house.
Web:  http://carson-armory.com/index.html

The Hiking Guy

Crumb

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 05:00:18 PM »
+1
Ruby + hunting  ??? :o ... I just don't see it  sorry  :( and with that said, what might you be hunting?
Ruby + guns at a range blasting off a rounds for fun, I can see that a little more

granted, it's just your online persona that I'm basing my assumptions on so, I really don't know anything.