Author Topic: Moved topics  (Read 671 times)

Offline Interested bystander

• Hoser Family Member
Moved topics
« on: June 30, 2013, 06:53:22 PM »
I moved a couple of topics today that started as party reports.  I prefer that reports of parties be submitted as field reports but if people want to post them on the board there's not much I can do to prevent it.  They should not be posted in this forum however.   We've had this happen before so this is a little reminder.

Every forum has a sub-description that explains what that forum is for.  Where I feel there still might be some confusion I have posted a sticky topic at the top of the forum which usually reads something like "read before posting".  Here is a quote from the sticky topic at the top of this forum:

I have had multiple requests to add a forum specifically for trip reports that do not qualify as field reports.  If you are going to write about a party with a particular lady or are going to provide information on the Nevada brothels in general please submit it as a field report.  If you are just sharing your experiences, say on a LPIN Gathering or Winterfest visit, feel free to post them here.

If you feel you must post a field report about a party on the message board please post it in the LPIN Information Only forum where it is more appropriate.

Thanks.

jmaster299

Re: Moved topics
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 08:30:06 PM »
I understand the reasoning but some people, including myself, have been posting threads and field reports because thread reviews are much easier for people to find, especially new members. It would be helpful if field reports were easier to find. Make a front page forum section simply labeled "Reviews" and let the link to field reports and with in that section allow us to discuss our parties with each other.

People also like to make forum post type reviews because people want to be able to discuss their experiences with others and not just have a report that people can read but not talk about with each other. Maybe make a section for those reviews/discussions or rename something to make it more obvious that those topics should be discussed there.

The field reports also horrible to navigate. Forums work on a "newest posts first/top" model but the Field Reports work last/oldest first and you have to navigate through multiple clicks to get to the most recent reports. Reports from 11 years ago have no relevance to someone who is looking for information on different brothels or girls today.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 08:34:11 PM by jmaster299 »

Offline Interested bystander

• Hoser Family Member
Re: Moved topics
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 09:49:53 PM »
There are several problems with your suggestion.   First field reports as posts are not easy to find.  They get pushed off to the later pages unless someone, usually the original poster keeps bumping them to the top which then pushes other posts to the later pages and can start a competition to keep their report at the top with meaningless bumps.  Won't happen you say?  It has happened more than once on other boards that had a field report forum.   That's one reason one of my first decisions when switching to this type of discussion board was to not have a forum for field reports.

Second, there is no accountability with self-posted reports.  Often, even if what the reporter says is true, if a lady or other poster disagrees with the report it becomes a long, drawn-out argument.

There are others but I think those two alone are enough to justify no field report forum.

As for finding reports, there are any number of ways to look up field reports and I think it's pretty darn easy, way easier than finding the information you want three pages back in a forum.

First there is the "Reviews" link that is at the top of every page of the board.  That takes you to the main review page where you can use the link to search the database.   If you're only interested in the latest reports then put 2013 into the year field and you'll only get those from this year.  If you only want reports about Inez's brothel then put Inez's in and you will get only those reports.   If you want the latest reports on Inez's then put Inez and 2013 into the appropriate fields and select "all fields" as your search method and you'll get only those reports on Inez's from this year.  If you only want the very freshest select a month to your all fields search.

If searching the database is too much work, to many "clicks", then you can go to the "Links to Other SIN Content" in the Announcements and Links category and select the "Latest Published Field Reports" topic that is pinned to the top of that forum.  The published field reports are listed there with the latest at the top, just work your way through the posts.  They are even listed by lady and brothel to help out.   It's a lot of clicks working your way through that topic but it's way less clicks than hunting for an unknown report three pages back with a couple of dozen posts most of which say "bump".

As I said, I prefer that field reports not be posted on the board but if someone can't hold back then this is not the appropriate forum.  In fact that is specifically stated in the pinned topic at the top of this forum.  I would encourage all members to look around and read any pinned topic that pertains to the board and it's content before posting.