Author Topic: New first class flights to Elko  (Read 537 times)

Offline SMRKIA

• Hoser Family Member
New first class flights to Elko
« on: December 01, 2023, 02:46:40 PM »
https://elkodaily.com/news/local/skywest-introduces-first-class-flights/article_d99ea3a4-8f06-11ee-9b3b-2b7819b6d3cf.html

Skywest/Delta has finally ditched those old planes. They were pretty bad. I’m not even that tall and my head would touch the ceiling, and the overhead bins were so tiny, and no WiFi. Honestly I never really thought much about them when I’ve flown to Elko, it’s just an hour to EKO from SLC, so who cares, but these new planes have an increased capacity, the old ones held 50 people (12x4 + 1x2) and these new ones look to hold 76, a pretty big increase.

Offline Mr. Lloyd

• Regular
Re: New first class flights to Elko
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2023, 11:19:38 AM »
Hmmm. The claim of "elevated service" on a flight that short is pretty silly, unless it means in first class you do get a drink or something. There's never been any food and beverage service on those flights when I've taken them. In practical terms you're probably getting extra legroom and nothing else. Still, newer planes should mean a slightly better flight experience across the board, not a bad thing at all.

Offline wb69

• Regular
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2023, 06:17:36 AM »
HA! HA! Actual air time is about 40-45 minutes. flight time about 1 hour 5 minutes. What is the point is my thought.

Offline FAWFTC

• Lookie-Loo
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2024, 09:07:56 PM »
I don't think I would ever fly first class for a one hour flight, flew first class several times to Vegas and Reno from Philly and Newark it was only like $300 more, so I guess it was worth it. Had complimentary upgrades to first class which was sweet. I can handle a coach or regular flight for 5 plus hours so 1 hour won't kill me.

Offline Mr. Lloyd

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2024, 05:15:54 AM »
I have flown first on flights only slightly longer than that, but only when I've either found a really good deal or it's been a complimentary upgrade. Agree it's not really worth it on flights that short. Even on longer flights, it can be so expensive it's hard for me to justify. I like the "in between" class, it's Comfort Plus on Delta, other airlines have the same thing under different names. That tends to be a more reasonable expense for me to justify, especially on longer flights.

Offline JimDiGriz

• High Roller
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2024, 07:52:23 AM »
For a flight time of 45ish minutes, I can't see using first class for the amenities because for a flight that short I doubt there are amenities.  But it might be worth it for Type A people who want to be first off the plane and don't like waiting for everyone else in coach.

Offline Mr jewels

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2024, 02:17:14 AM »
What is the cost of a  round trip  elko  / slc

Offline adrian

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2024, 02:30:45 AM »
It varies, but expect it to be at least $400. a la carte. Just did a quick check for next week and it came out to $569 .  You can do a bit better if you book the entire flight through Delta and not just the SLC->EKO leg.