Author Topic: $3000 in Elko?  (Read 3742 times)

flagrunner

Re: $3000 in Elko?
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2019, 12:04:51 PM »
+1
Yes, it was Sheri's. I thought about going to Elko but didn't want to drive all that way from Vegas. Flights into Elko are ridiculously expensive. I'm thinking the next time I go on vacation, I'll go to Salt Lake and then drive to Elko since it's much shorter. How is the drive? Scenic or all desert?

Well, as far as the drive goes, first you skirt the edge of the great salt lake. Next you pass the Bonneville salt flats where they set all of the land speed records. After that you enter Nevada and the Ruby mountains that take you up to Elko.

So I guess it depends on what you consider scenic. 

The biggest thing to remember driving is that Nevada and Utah are in different time zones.  So make sure you give yourself that extra hour on the way back to the SLC airport or you will miss your flight.

Ha! I got caught out with the time zone thing two years ago. Just didn't even consider it. Wondered why my rental clock was different to my watch on the way back. Realisation kicked in half way across the flats and pedal to the floor all the way to make my flight. That was a fun trip :)

Offline Caadorix

• Couch Lint
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2019, 10:22:56 AM »
I'm glad the time zone thing was brought to my attention. I may never have known for my trip to Elko later this summer as I'll
be flying into Salt Lake.

boredhubby

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2019, 08:21:11 PM »
+1
My first ever post. New here and to this idea. I need something more and really want to head out to elko for a night. Do many there offer overnight stays in the budget of this post? I want to fly in late on a Friday and fly back on a Sunday and spend the night with someone.

Sorry if my post sounds lame or anything. Not sure how this works yet....

Offline Elkogfe

• Brothel Owner / Employee
  • Hoser Family Member
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2019, 08:47:31 PM »
Dial me up anytime we can talk about making your wish come true lol

We would be glad to show you a great time all weekend long.

775-777-7469

Offline wb69

• Regular
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2019, 03:22:22 AM »
$3000 in Elko =Heaven