Author Topic: Elko Snow Storm?  (Read 269 times)

Offline Mr. Lloyd

• Regular
Elko Snow Storm?
« on: January 11, 2024, 06:03:24 AM »
Hope everyone in Elko is staying safe and warm! It's hard to tell from pictures and news how bad it is, kinda looks like everyone'll be cooped up for a day or two but probably nothing too serious? Seems like maybe Battle Mountain and Winnemucca got it a bit worse.

Offline cactus Jack

• Hoser Family Member
Re: Elko Snow Storm?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 06:49:16 AM »
Oh my! Stuck in Elko for a couple of days. What is there to do in Elko? Hope the sidewalk between Stockman's and Mona's is open.

I just looked at the dot website, and it looks like all major roads are open.

Offline Wildfire

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2024, 02:46:14 PM »
Oh my! Stuck in Elko for a couple of days. What is there to do in Elko? Hope the sidewalk between Stockman's and Mona's is open.

No worries the City of Elko is very good on plowing the major streets in the city.

Offline SMRKIA

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2024, 02:49:07 PM »

No worries the City of Elko is very good on plowing the major streets in the city.

This is true, but what they are not the best at is clearing the sidewalks. I had to make the trek through the snow to get from Stockmens to the airport one day. Nice clear roads, but no one touched the sidewalks.

Offline cactus Jack

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2024, 04:51:16 PM »
The sidewalks can be slippery in the winter-be careful out there. I'm an early riser and always go for an early morning stroll down to 5th ST and then on Idaho ST. Many of the businesses make an effort to keep the sidewalk walkable, but you have to watch your step.

Offline sk

• Lookie-Loo
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2024, 05:21:20 PM »
It was pretty nasty yesterday here in Elko with blowing snow and slush, but there was maybe only a 3" accumulation and today was sunny so it melted a bit. For myself, I'm a bit worried about the drive back to SLC on Saturday, it's been snowing there all week.

Offline Mr. Lloyd

• Regular
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2024, 05:16:03 AM »
+1
It was pretty nasty yesterday here in Elko with blowing snow and slush, but there was maybe only a 3" accumulation and today was sunny so it melted a bit. For myself, I'm a bit worried about the drive back to SLC on Saturday, it's been snowing there all week.

Good luck, and stay safe! They seem to be pretty good at keeping 80 passable, but be careful out there.