Author Topic: Boiling an egg  (Read 418 times)

Lucielove_elko

Boiling an egg
« on: March 21, 2019, 04:28:22 PM »
Okay so I dont know if I'm literally like the only one that doesnt know this,

But if you set the oven to 325 degrees and put eggs in a muffin pan (one egg per cup still inside the shell) then bake it 30 minutes you will have made boiled eggs.

Just saw this on pinterest - mindblown. I hate the traditional method of boiling eggs.

Literally mindblown.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 04:34:27 PM by Lucielove_elko »

Offline Dr. Who

• Hoser Family Member
Re: Boiling an egg
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 07:54:14 PM »
I heard about some folks who bake their eggs in a muffin pan, but not in the shell.  If you try and bake an egg in it's shell, I would poke a small vent hole in the shell before baking it so the egg doesn't explode when the steam pressure builds up inside as it cooks. 8)

Offline Slwrunner

• Couch Lint
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 09:08:11 PM »
Works great, dont need to vent the eggs.  They aren’t getting super heated fast like in a microwave. Easy way to make a dozen hard boiled eggs.

Offline Dr. Who

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 10:47:55 PM »
That's good to know that they don't explode in the oven ...LOL  I've been making hard boiled eggs using my Instant Pot which takes less than 15 mins from start to finish.  It easier and quicker than boiling them the traditional way.

Offline Jack Rackham

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 03:57:45 PM »
As Slwrunner alluded to..never put an egg in the microwave. They explode!! Common sense but ERs report injuries from this all the time.

Offline Prospector Bob

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 05:27:55 AM »
As Slwrunner alluded to..never put an egg in the microwave. They explode!! Common sense but ERs report injuries from this all the time.

A woman at work put a hard boiled egg in the microwave in our break room for 15 seconds. It exploded at 10 seconds. Boy, was she embarrassed  :-[  & had a mess to clean up!  ::)

Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by the delusional illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.