Author Topic: LPIN Gathering XX in HD  (Read 1184 times)

Offline highdrive

• Hoser Family Member
  • "I knew I was not magnificent"
LPIN Gathering XX in HD
« on: July 25, 2016, 05:52:09 AM »
Btw...
Can you believe it took me this long to make that HD pun? Lol long ass post ahead

I've shared this with some of you, but I've never had such a good time in Nevada as I did this past weekend.

Meeting you mongers was easily the second best part of this trip. (Meeting you ladies was easily the first best part...) I'm gracious to the mongers for welcoming me as part of the community.

The banquet I felt was so beautiful an event - not just because I felt like in college again with how many beautiful women surrounded me, bye because of how well thought out the proceedings were. Jagged's awards were simultaneously gleeful and heartwarming. The representatives from Mustang, Dovetail, and team Bunnyranch were stunning, and represented their groups with grace. (At least, for the most part....)
The staff of Mustang were beneficent and kind. I was impressed too with Dennis, who was outwardly courteous and generous with me. I've posted my congratulations to the winners and nominees previously, and I am immensely happy to have celebrated with everyone's achievements.

The picnic was awesome. Initially it was hilarious as the guy who selected the parking fee asked me what LPIN Gathering stood for, and I coyly replied "I have no idea!" Haha!!
Most of it was cool because Alice Little and Roxanne Price graced us with their presence. Even in plainclothes these ladies attracted most of the attention. I think I caught many mongers staring at them for duration of the morning. (Actually, maybe it was mostly me doing the staring... ;D) the BBQ was just incredible - my compliments to the cooks. Highlights included great food, playing frisbee with Alice and IB and a couple others, looking at vintage pictures with the ladies, meeting with Dennis' PR guy Jeremy, and kicking it with all the mongers. 

Brothel memories:
Visiting Alice before the banquet as she jumped on top of me, she was light as air lol
Seeing the renovated and surprisingly cozy Kit Kat, and meeting Adaline Ray on her birthday
Seeing Jade Capri at MR. Just seeing her is breathtaking lol
Singing Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" with Taylor Rae while a couple mongers gave me the WTFace
Trying to explain to some drunk bros that $25 will get you nothing but a slap in the face
Getting served French toast and eggs by a topless Coco
Playing poker with Russia Doll, Cali, and Rachel Varga, and a couple super cool mongers
Rachel Varga in general! She sparks pretty hard.....
Me offering to buy a certain monger a drink after a party and instead being treated to Chardonnay
Chatting with the very charming Phoenix and a couple at MLBR til a 6 AM bell - that bastard lol. I'm frankly surprised that couple didn't book Phoenix. Hell, we chatted for so damn long, I'm surprised they didn't book ME lol
Thanks everyone for an amazing weekend!!!
HD
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 05:59:49 AM by highdrive »

Offline niceguy eddie

• Hoser Family Member
Re: LPIN Gathering XX in HD
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 08:52:28 PM »
Great meeting you, HD. 

Offline dtech

• Couch Lint
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 09:54:13 PM »
Aloha HD,
It was good to meet you at the breakfast (sitting by yourself checking the old LPIN Gathering group out first, before coming over introducing and joining us). I am glad you had fun and felt welcome and part of the group. I told you 99% of the LPIN Gathering’ers is cool and 1%...
Thanks for the beer at Wild Horse. I told Just Tom I am glad I had the beer after hearing you shout, I mean sing, just joking. You sing very well. I hope you return next year. By wearing the LPIN Gathering 20 hat, you are now part of LPIN Gathering. You have the energy that I had 30 years ago…we need more mongers with your enthusiasm and energy.
I was in the elevator at Circus Circus wearing the LPIN Gathering 20 hat. A lady with her family asks me what LPIN Gathering stand for. I thought quickly and out come, “Christian Women and Men’s Council”. What I wanted to say was Charley Wise Memorial Cup. 
You, Lee and IB were playing Frisbee with Alice Little at the picnic. I know exactly what all three of you were doing. You guys threw the Frisbee high so that Alice Little had to jump to catch it. Every time she jumps…guess what was bouncing up and down?
Thanks HD for being part of LPIN Gathering 20!
Regarding the hats, ‘muito obrigato’ Fred T for the providing the cool looking LPIN Gathering 20 hats.
Aloha
dtech

Offline highdrive

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 10:44:08 AM »
Great meeting you, HD. 
You too!! You're a totally cool dude, pleasure getting to know you at the banquet and picnic :)

Dtech! You're the man, I'm gonna definitely remember "Christian Women's and Men's Council" for next time haha
Those hats were very cool! Thanks FredT!!

For those of you who don't know, I went to breakfast the first morning I was there and I told the hostess, "I think I'm part of that group over there." She said "no you're not, you're too young for those old guys" and sat me separately. Then I took my menu and sat myself next to Dtech and introduced myself. Hostesses can be blunt! Lol

Wayne - you're gonna have a great trip for sure! Bring back a trilby/fedora for me, or better, wear it yourself as I'm sure it can only complement your excellent style lol

HD

Offline Shooter

• Hoser Family Member
  • Plank owner of the Atomic Crater Ranch
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 02:18:53 PM »
Good t have met you too HD, hope to see you again.
Negotiations 101. You either want my money or you don't.  I don't care because some one else does.

redde illis futuis eos ambula

Offline ex_okie

• High Roller
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 04:50:05 PM »
Great stuff HD! I know what you mean, the first time I went to a LPIN Gathering I was nervous at first and reluctant to introduce myself.  But then I said WTF and the

rest is history.  I think I introduced myself to FredT first & then he introduced me to IB and I was off & running.

It was great to meet you even though it was brief at the Mustang on Saturday.  This group can always use some new blood, especially some younger guys like yourself.

Offline highdrive

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 02:49:27 AM »
Shooter - a pleasure meeting the legend, as I mentioned earlier

Ex_Okie - yea, that was a weird moment for sure lol. FredT is a cool dude, and I'm sure he was equally cool back then lol

I wish we had spent more time together myself at Mustang haha...I might have been too busy with all the goings-on, my apologies.

This group can always use some new blood, especially some younger guys like yourself.

idk, if you ask me...everyone I met was sure young at heart :)
HD