Author Topic: Is it TIme for SIN to close down?  (Read 10019 times)

Offline Gus

• Regular
Re: Is it TIme for SIN to close down?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2015, 12:12:51 PM »
+2
Thanks to Fly for raising this topic, and to most of those who has contributed to the discussion so far. For a change, the exchange has stayed pretty much on the subject, although the usual suspects immediately started hurling insults.
But Fly is fundamentally right. I have pretty much stopped reading or posting on SIN because every thread tends to degenerate into nasty insulting bickering. Who needs to waste time with that shit?
The one thing I really value about SIN is the field reports, but owing to IB’s medical problems no new ones have been posted since May.
Speaking of IB, he has carried SIN on his shoulders (and pocketbook) for years.  I’m sure the stress of exercising even his laissez-faire style of moderation has not helped his physical or psychic well being at all. At LPIN Gathering 2014, he was actively trying to recruit somebody to help with the field reports, but nobody present wanted the job. I volunteered, and met with IB to discuss it, but my computer skills were not up to the task. In retrospect, I was lucky not to have gotten into the bucket of worms that SIN, sadly, has become.
The three most important words in life are Yes! Thank you! and Wow!

Offline Kevinz0071

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2015, 12:22:09 PM »
+3
I don't think it needs to shutdown I do think it needs to refocus though and stop bashing people for mentioning a certain owner with 3 letters in his last name and anything to  do with his houses. I mean if we are supposed to be discussing all things LPIN and he owns the most houses.  Which means he has the most active ladies at any given time we need to be able to talk about Dennis and his places to without fear of being destroyed just for mentioning his name. We also need to not run off almost every single lady that posts here that is an actual working girl
Been on this board 8 years and some people still need to grow up
Some of you need to learn forum rules 6 & 7
Cyber tough guys make me lol

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2015, 12:24:44 PM »
Oh hell, there's been bickering since the beginning of time on the brothel boards. The only way you'll ever get away from the bickering is if everyone starts sharing the same brain along with the same opinions much like the brothel message boards.  I would rather have the bickering then having one opinion for the entire board!

pitasandwichpimp

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2015, 12:31:34 PM »
Thanks to Fly for raising this topic, and to most of those who has contributed to the discussion so far. For a change, the exchange has stayed pretty much on the subject, although the usual suspects immediately started hurling insults.
But Fly is fundamentally right. I have pretty much stopped reading or posting on SIN because every thread tends to degenerate into nasty insulting bickering. Who needs to waste time with that shit?
The one thing I really value about SIN is the field reports, but owing to IB’s medical problems no new ones have been posted since May.
Speaking of IB, he has carried SIN on his shoulders (and pocketbook) for years.  I’m sure the stress of exercising even his laissez-faire style of moderation has not helped his physical or psychic well being at all. At LPIN Gathering 2014, he was actively trying to recruit somebody to help with the field reports, but nobody present wanted the job. I volunteered, and met with IB to discuss it, but my computer skills were not up to the task. In retrospect, I was lucky not to have gotten into the bucket of worms that SIN, sadly, has become.

So are you the lion, tin-man or scarecrow?

Oddball

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2015, 12:32:27 PM »
Oh hell, there's been bickering since the beginning of time on the brothel boards. The only way you'll ever get away from the bickering is if everyone starts sharing the same brain along with the same opinions much like the brothel message boards.  I would rather have the bickering then having one opinion for the entire board!

There were brothel boards at the beginning of time?!?  Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 ;D

pitasandwichpimp

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2015, 12:52:12 PM »
I don't think it needs to shutdown I do think it needs to refocus though and stop bashing people for mentioning a certain owner with 3 letters in his last name

Isn't it 4?

"H-O-F-F"
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 01:27:13 PM by COULD_CARE_LESS »

pitasandwichpimp

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2015, 12:57:10 PM »
, although the usual suspects immediately started hurling insults.

Oh, stop. 

9 out of ten of my posts are not insults. 

Blame me all you want, but be honest with yourself about the facts.  Far more people throw insults around here than this author (Yup, that's right, "AUTHOR"). 

Offline Dr. Who

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2015, 01:01:14 PM »
+4
We can only speculate as to the future of SIN, since this site is IB's baby and we have no idea what his future plans are until he recovers from his illness.  I do hope he has a speedy recovery, since Mark and Sheri are good people.

Personally, I doubt that IB will change anything in regards to how SIN is being run, no matter how many opinions the peanut gallery throws his way on how his board should be moderated or whatever.  The folks who keep criticizing IB on how his site should be run, should go out and open up their own independent LPIN board.  ;D  I remember back in the good old days a time when we had up to 4 different independent LPINs boards to hangout on... NVB, NBT, NBG, and SIN.  I use to make my rounds of all of them, but I also had my favorite board that I use to consider homebase.

With only SIN remaining, there are no other choices out there for folks to go board hopping, so the masses all flock to SIN and turned this place into what it is today ...very often, a not so pleasant place to discuss LPIN and for share intel on brothels/ladies.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 01:03:05 PM by Dr. Who »

Mikey

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2015, 04:44:04 PM »
Slednx
General Discussion / Re: Joe Conforte vs. Dennis Hof
« on: February 16, 2012, 09:04:18 PM »
I for one am not knocking Dennis Hof. He indeed has done a lot to bring LPIN more mainstream and now the majority of adults have heard of the Bunnyranch. A master promoter, the PT Barnum of brothels. I have had sex with more beautiful women that I thought would have never happened in my lifetime  and he is the reason why.

Gee, getting banned changed your tune.

bergerman

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2015, 08:21:49 PM »
I don't know man. I've sure enjoyed some of you guys. You're right Six, the bickering and name calling (i.e. someone fat, someone butch, some lady masculine etc.) needs to stop. I for one miss a lot of the ladies that posted here, and one in particular that is getting chastised for using the boards for her own non-lpin gain. Who gives a dang what it is used for, she had a lot to contribute and shared herself very much with all of us. Cut the BS, meet each other a few times a year because we like to fuck the ladies and compare good info. Myself for one has sure appreciated the board and those I've met from the board.

I don't know if it's time to close down or not.

I do know that if something doesn't change it most certainly will sooner than later.

It's time to put up or shut up. If you value this board you need to contribute in a positive manner. Make topics, post in others, stop the BS bickering and name calling, quite simply get back to what this board is supposed to be about and that's spending time with Ladies. The pros and cons of doing so. The ones that rock your world and the ones that don't. The houses that treat you well and the ones you avoid for what ever reasons.

I value this board for what it has taught me about LPIN to date & I had hoped to learn more because you never know it all.

If Fly is correct so be it, He probably knows since he's been at this far longer than I but I hope he's not

Offline Kevinz0071

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2015, 12:17:00 AM »
I don't think it needs to shutdown I do think it needs to refocus though and stop bashing people for mentioning a certain owner with 3 letters in his last name

Isn't it 4?

"H-O-F-F"

it's spelled Hof

Been on this board 8 years and some people still need to grow up
Some of you need to learn forum rules 6 & 7
Cyber tough guys make me lol

sperminator

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2015, 03:17:07 AM »
Slednx
General Discussion / Re: Joe Conforte vs. Dennis Hof
« on: February 16, 2012, 09:04:18 PM »
I for one am not knocking Dennis Hof. He indeed has done a lot to bring LPIN more mainstream and now the majority of adults have heard of the Bunnyranch. A master promoter, the PT Barnum of brothels. I have had sex with more beautiful women that I thought would have never happened in my lifetime  and he is the reason why.

Gee, getting banned changed your tune.

Good find, Mikey, but Sleddy Boy will never cop to any of it. Being the Master Negotiator he believes himself to be, he'll say that praising Hof was all part of his oh-so-brilliant strategy. Because, you know... wait a minute, that's not how I feel. And Sleddy Boy? How gay did that sound?? I really gotta start going easier on the Patrón.

Things change. Opinions change. Just because he felt that way then, doesn't negate how he feels now.

Back then, he was a customer, hof was a brothel owner. They had a business relationship. One that benefited both of them. But then hof crossed a line by banning him over  things he posted here. And as heavy handed as that was, he sunk even lower by using Sled's given name when referring to him on another website.

So, while I'm sure you were giddy when you found that post, all it proves is that Sled doesn't bash hof because it's the majority opinion here. He came by his disdain for him the old fashioned way... he allowed hof to earn it.

crimson

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2015, 09:41:23 AM »
Actually...Slednx just might have been seeing ladies offsite.  That's one of the major no-no's for a customer to be doing while frequenting one of the houses.  In addition, Slednx's primary negotiating methods were based around him being 'THE' Slednx, and how he could make or break a ladies career.  He's not a very nice person, and he only really gets away with things for as long as nobody is willing to talk about what he does.  I think his attempt to destroy Ruby got a lot of people talking, and his eventual ban was shortly after that.

Some other tidbits.  After his ban he was going to go to Sheri's.  But they were 'ready' for him, and he didn't bring them up anymore.  He started to frequent Mustang, but he no longer discusses that house, or the ladies that work there.  In fact, he talks about being a hybrid LPIN/Indie these days or going all the way out to Elko.  Huh...I wonder if he's getting a reputation behind the scenes or something.

pitasandwichpimp

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2015, 10:33:20 AM »
Memo to all: you are a local, party 30-40 times a year,

35 times a year at $400 per party is $14,000.00.

What gets more of your money LPIN or IRA/SEP?

crimson

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2015, 10:53:20 AM »
Memo to all: you are a local, party 30-40 times a year, know how to negotiate, become a regular= you get the best rates. Far too many ladies on that list that have been around the block, are intelligent that would fall for any those tactics you now try to accuse me of. Funny thing is, I wrote about the damn rates while I was visiting and then continued for another year at the same rates.

Even before there was Slednx on SIN, I was a local partying many times getting good rates, get over it.

Crimson, find a new dude to obsess over.

Eh..In the long run you'll work yourself out of all available options except for pure illegal.  And since you can't seem to not brag about it, you're just waiting for the cops to pick you up.