Author Topic: Elko trip to Inez's/Mona's & Sue's  (Read 901 times)

Offline BryGuy

• Regular
Elko trip to Inez's/Mona's & Sue's
« on: July 06, 2023, 02:26:49 AM »
+7
All right,  this is going to be a long one. I'll try not to get long winded.

Ended up staying 8 night, 9 days.  Partied at Sue's once, Mona's 4 times, and inezs 9 times. To say I was overly ambitious is an understatement.  I did two parties per day the first 3 days before my body said to me, "wtf are you doing ". I then came back to reality and did mostly single day party's.  You can read my reviews on Ariana,  Jessy,  Reign, Riley,  and Nancy. All were fun, I mean does anyone NOT have a good time?

I'll do this a bit different,  see my individual threads about the girls, this will mostly deal with the other stuff, hotel,  food, etc...

My third overall trip to Elko and I can honestly say each one is better than the last.

First off, hotels.  Prior to this I've stayed at Gold Country. That was okay but after reading a few people rave about Stockmen's Ramada I am now sold on it. The room is good enough,  they have an outdoor pool which was also good enough,  but what makes it great are two things, location and food. Location is great because you are within walking two blocks if that,  to Inez's,  Mona's,  and Sue's.  Second is with Stockmens you get a breakfast voucher,  and this isn't your typical cheap ass hotel promo , no you get a full on meal. I'm betting the most popular is the "meat/eggs", you get two eggs, two bacon or sausage,  hashbrowns and toast. If you are looking to save money it's definitely a factor.  I most likely won't stay anywhere else now. Though I did book 3rd party so my hotel bill was only $768 total, that's including tax even.  Very reasonable,  but if you don't use 3rd party I hear it can be pricey. I got my room for about $53/day, while checking out another customer was wanting to check in and they told her $140, but it was July 4th so that may have influenced cost.

Entertainment,  Elko has at least two movie theaters,  saw Indiana Jones Dial of Destiny, don't waste your time, and Transformers which was surprisingly decent.  There's also a bowling alley which we didn't go to.

Food. If you are in Elko you MUST go to Pizza Barn. It is incredible.  I also recommend Matties and Dos Amigos.  Definitely our go to when staying in Elko.

Cooks Steakhouse was decent but pricey, and The Star was also expensive but it's family style so you get sooooo much food. I mean like 8 items before you even get your actual meal. Mushroom soup, salad, spaghetti,  bread, French fries, two types of beans,  green beans,  and hell I think I'm forgetting some things. Food overall was great, too much food for me though.

On Prior visits we've visited Dreez's and Wingers,  both not too bad. I'm sure others have their go to options as well.

All in all we had a good time. I can't recommend Inez's/Mona's and Sue's enough as well.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 02:29:04 AM by BryGuy »

Offline Mr. Lloyd

• Regular
Re: Elko trip to Inez's/Mona's & Sue's
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 05:09:39 AM »
Dang, long trip! I read your individual reviews as well, sounds pretty epic! Always appreciate restaurant recommendations. I've been generally pretty impressed with the food in Elko, the quality and variety of restaurants is better than I expected prior to my first visit.

Offline BryGuy

• Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 06:57:36 AM »
Yep, and if you haven't gone Pizza Barn is a must.

Offline RickScrabbler

• Hoser Family Member
  • Have 2 Scrabble boards in car, will travel :-)
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 12:41:30 PM »
Thanks BryGuy for the detailed hotel/food/entertainment recommendations, and congrats on your 9-day trip of a lifetime! As for food, I like Toki Ona which is just a bit cheaper than The Star. The Coffee Mug is always good too.
7-letter words with all 5 vowels: SEQUOIA, EULOGIA, MIAOUED
7-letter words without vowel: RHYTHMS, GLYCYLS, TSKTSKS

Offline thatguy

• Couch Lint
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2023, 01:15:38 PM »
Seems like I just missed you. As far as food, so far I went to Mudd Hutt for coffee, which I cannot recommend, as they served me lukewarm coffee. I don't know how you screw that up. I also had lunch at Rolberto's, which was just okay.

Offline BryGuy

• Regular
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2023, 01:52:10 PM »
We tried another Mexican restaurant called Garibalis, or something close to that, definitely did not like. Favorite Mexican place was Dos Amigos for us.

Offline thatguy

• Couch Lint
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2023, 02:33:34 PM »
I'm probably going to check out Ogi Deli and possibly Odeh's Mediterranean.

Offline Unabetted

• Lookie-Loo
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2023, 06:00:54 PM »
During my Elko trip last December, I ate at the Star and Luciano’s.  Both were excellent.  I had leftovers from the Star which kept me fed for 2 nights.  I sat at the bar and was served by a beautiful brunette.  Luciano’s is just south of Stockmen’s.  Both places have a nice atmosphere.  The Star has a little gift shop that sells T-shirts, caps, etc.

Offline thatguy

• Couch Lint
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2023, 09:28:51 AM »
I went to BJ Bull Bakery for breakfast this morning (last day in town). It's that place on Idaho Street with the large "Cornish Pasties" sign. Recommended.

Offline Mr. Lloyd

• Regular
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2023, 11:33:31 AM »
I've grabbed lunch and dinner at BJ Bull's and would also recommend it. Super tasty, fast, inexpensive, and not far from the houses.

Offline billwh

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2023, 07:06:30 PM »
Toki Ona's on Idaho Street across from that Northeast Nevada museum is good, too. It has the normal, usual breakfast fare, but after 4, they have meals similar to Star's, as there are several different side dishes brought out before the entree. It's a bit cheaper than Star, and you will not leave there hungry.

Offline mrtongue

• Regular
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2023, 01:38:43 PM »

Food. If you are in Elko you MUST go to Pizza Barn. It is incredible.  I also recommend Matties and Dos Amigos.  Definitely our go to when staying in Elko.

I have been to Pizza Barn and I can’t argue with you on that. However, when I’m in town, my usual rest stop is Stockmen’s, mainly because there’s plenty of good food within walking distance. If I’m craving pizza, I will walk to Stray Dog Pub. They have your typical bar food and they also serve a decent pizza. I usually go with their Tex-Mex with chorizo. Not to mention a pretty good beer selection too. Glad to hear you’re trip was great!