Author Topic: Las Vegas MLB Ballpark Rumor  (Read 1071 times)

SIDEWINDER

Re: Las Vegas MLB Ballpark Rumor
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2018, 07:26:01 AM »
Hey, people are going to bet anyway. Might just as well make it legal.

Offline Wildfire

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2018, 07:32:49 AM »
Hey, people are going to bet anyway. Might just as well make it legal.

Well Sidewinder that sounds like the same excuse people use for drugs , prostitution ...etc 
But your religious and do gooder gropes love to control everything .  They do it for your own good .   

Offline Wildfire

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2018, 07:40:45 AM »
Now back on topic.   MLB in Las Vegas  . All it will take is money and a owner willing to move or  sale.

But with a new minor league stadium being built I really don't think it will happen.

How many metro area have a MLB Team and a Minor League Team  ?

Texas Rangers  and  Frisco RoughRiders both in the DFW Area .   

Offline raving loon

• Hoser Family Member
  • Proudly driving the sane, crazy
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2018, 11:47:40 AM »
The New York Yankees and Mets both have their Single A clubs in the city itself (Staten Island Yankees and the Brooklyn Cyclones respectively). I think the one of the Atlanta Braves' farm teams is about 30 miles from where they play. It's been done, but I don't know how much it cuts into their action.

smoothpate

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2018, 11:22:57 AM »
The New York Yankees and Mets both have their Single A clubs in the city itself (Staten Island Yankees and the Brooklyn Cyclones respectively). I think the one of the Atlanta Braves' farm teams is about 30 miles from where they play. It's been done, but I don't know how much it cuts into their action.

Las Vegas isn't as large as New York, so that's a false comparison. About 30 miles from the center of Vegas would be Jean to the South or Mt. Charleston to the North. Being that it's probably a Single-A team in a small town, it would be a point of community gathering. While people would probably go to a Braves game, especially if one of the former players made it to "The Show", I don't think the Braves would draw that much action from that city.

Offline raving loon

• Hoser Family Member
  • Proudly driving the sane, crazy
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2018, 05:46:40 PM »

Las Vegas isn't as large as New York, so that's a false comparison. About 30 miles from the center of Vegas would be Jean to the South or Mt. Charleston to the North. Being that it's probably a Single-A team in a small town, it would be a point of community gathering. While people would probably go to a Braves game, especially if one of the former players made it to "The Show", I don't think the Braves would draw that much action from that city.
The original question wasn't about comparable markets, it only asked a general question of if there were any Major/Minor combinations in an area (I didn't even go into the teams within a 50 mile radius of NYC). I didn't make any comparisons nor was it asked ::). I only stated what I knew and if I keep digging I'm sure there are other better examples.

sportsguy

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2018, 08:36:13 PM »
As long as we, the las vegans, aren't paying for it, I'm all for it! Keep having the tourists pay for it with the resort fees (although personally I do think the resort fee is a joke). Although I hope and pray it would have a retractable roof on it. Logically it must have one as baseball season runs through the summer. Can't imagine a game being played when it's 120.

Offline georoc01

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2018, 05:17:19 AM »
As long as we, the las vegans, aren't paying for it, I'm all for it! Keep having the tourists pay for it with the resort fees (although personally I do think the resort fee is a joke). Although I hope and pray it would have a retractable roof on it. Logically it must have one as baseball season runs through the summer. Can't imagine a game being played when it's 120.

I would think they would have to do something like they did in Phoenix.

smoothpate

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2018, 10:13:05 AM »

The tourists or Private funding might fund it initially, but within 10 years (probably 5) the teams will be blackmailing the taxpayers to upgrage "the holes" they are currently playing in! Happens all the time in Pro Sports and leads to the decline of the city due to no money to fund schools, infrastructure, and Public Safety! That's why I'm going to move before the city goes to shit!!!