Author Topic: New pricing survey uploaded  (Read 13219 times)

Offline Hiking Guy

• Hoser Family Member
  • Hey, I'm finally a Hoser Family Member!
Re: New pricing survey uploaded
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 10:48:30 PM »
Assuming all contributors were honest, the Kit Kat and the Sage were two cheapest brothels in Moundhouse. Now that they have become part of what some might call the "Hof Empire", how much will those numbers change in the next pricing survey?

Mikey,

That would be hard to predict but keep in mind there will be data present from years 2011 - 2013 that are from the "old sage" and only 6 months of data included for the "new sage".

The Hiking Guy

Offline Hiking Guy

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 11:26:52 PM »
OK, specific brothel numbers aside, the takeaway I gathered from this is that in 2010-2012, the small brothels/IC's at them were charging, on average, just over half of what the large brothels were.

Average $323/hr for all of the small brothel submissions combined, versus $601/hr for the larger brothels.

Something for the cost conscious to think about...
 ;)

Oh, and Sheris wins the top end, at least as far as the submissions are concerned!
 :P

And, yes, drumroll please...
Big surprise, Shady Lady currently has the lowest prices on average (as the #1 Geisha is currently closed)!!!
 ;D

Oddball,

Yep! ...and it's worth saying again!

"Average $323/hr for all of the small brothel submissions combined, versus $601/hr for the larger brothels.

Something for the cost conscious to think about..."

LPIN is do-able on a budget for those who don't have much to spend--one just has to know where to go to get an almost factor of 2 savings based on overall averages. Whether one is visiting southern Nevada or northern Nevada (OK, north-eastern), there are small brothels available that cater to those clients.

The Hiking Guy

QTo

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 09:26:12 AM »
Hiking Guy, is it a concern that the pricing information is not "confidential"/masked properly. With so few responses it can be easily reverse engineered for which lady the submission was for. For example, say I only partied with one lady at Sheri's, based on my field report and my supposedly masked price submission, wouldn't you be able to put two and two together and gain the knowledge of exact pricing for that particular lady?

EastcoastEnglishman

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 03:29:32 PM »
+1
I still found the survey very useful as a general guideline. Kudos HG

Offline Hiking Guy

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013, 06:18:45 PM »
Hiking Guy, is it a concern that the pricing information is not "confidential"/masked properly. With so few responses it can be easily reverse engineered for which lady the submission was for. For example, say I only partied with one lady at Sheri's, based on my field report and my supposedly masked price submission, wouldn't you be able to put two and two together and gain the knowledge of exact pricing for that particular lady?

QTo,

It's highly unlikely that anyone could reverse engineer anything in the pricing survey. As a hypothetical example, the  exception I can think of is someone who posts on the forum (or field report) that he paid 5k for a party with a particular Sheri's ranch lady (but no time mentioned) and he posted the he sent his party info to the pricing survey and was the only one who submitted their Sheri's ranch party info to the pricing survey, then when the pricing survey report comes out showing that the only submission for Sheri's ranch was a 5k party, someone might be able to "connect the dots" if they remember his post or field report. However, realistically, this is unlikely since very few people put prices in their field reports or postings and mention the lady they partied with along with mentioning they submitted that info to the pricing survey. There was only 1 brothel that had only 1 submission and only 3 open brothels that had submissions from only 1 submitter. I rarely see postings where monger's mention that they submitted to the pricing survey.

This is one of the reasons the Pricing Survey was created--very few people were including pricing information in their field reports and/or postings, especially for the negotiation type houses and there is a desire within the monger's & lurkers here to have some idea on what an LPIN party might cost. Otherwise, with all the stories & Cathouse shows that people have heard or seen depicting $5k parties with any lady, they'll just stay home or visit an independent instead of venturing out to the Nevada brothels where prostitution is legal.

The Hiking Guy

Ebadger9

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2013, 06:39:58 PM »
How should one use the information in the survey?  Here's my thoughts:

It's easy for Inez's and Shady, as those are set priced brothels.  One hour is $300.  If the average for one hour is more or less, then something was wrong with the information submitted.

For newbies in a negotiation brothel who may not have an established price, one should not open with what the average is.  If you say I'm looking for a one hour party at $600, she's likely to start higher and negotiate down some.  But you'll still likely pay more than the average.  If you start out below the average, you can negotiate up.  Just don't start so low you insult her and she immediately walks you.  You can let her quote first too, counter with a number below the average, and negotiate from there.  You can find discussion on negotiating strategies elsewhere on this board.

Some might be able to say this is what I want, this how much I'm willing to pay.  Take it or leave it.  If that's your style, feel free to start out at the average. 

As HG states in the summary, don't be afraid to walk if you don't get the party/price you're looking for.  Take another tour.  And another if necessary.  You might find a lady you like willing to take your offer.  One of the ladies you toured with may reconsider and be willing to accept your offer.

Offline Interested bystander

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2013, 06:53:23 PM »
+1
One comment on your thoughts for "posted" price brothels. While the hourly rate is $300 the half-hour price is $200, at least at Inez's, so if one had a half-hour party they are paying a rate of $400/hour.  Also longer parties, while costing more, result in a reduced rate.  Therefore it's possible, even likely, to have accurate information and a rate of something other than $300/hour.

Offline Hiking Guy

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2013, 07:08:16 PM »
How should one use the information in the survey?  Here's my thoughts:

It's easy for Inez's and Shady, as those are set priced brothels.  One hour is $300.  If the average for one hour is more or less, then something was wrong with the information submitted.

For newbies in a negotiation brothel who may not have an established price, one should not open with what the average is.  If you say I'm looking for a one hour party at $600, she's likely to start higher and negotiate down some.  But you'll still likely pay more than the average.  If you start out below the average, you can negotiate up.  Just don't start so low you insult her and she immediately walks you.  You can let her quote first too, counter with a number below the average, and negotiate from there.  You can find discussion on negotiating strategies elsewhere on this board.

Some might be able to say this is what I want, this how much I'm willing to pay.  Take it or leave it.  If that's your style, feel free to start out at the average. 

As HG states in the summary, don't be afraid to walk if you don't get the party/price you're looking for.  Take another tour.  And another if necessary.  You might find a lady you like willing to take your offer.  One of the ladies you toured with may reconsider and be willing to accept your offer.

Great advice, Mitch!
...and I agree wholeheartedly!

...one small correction to what I highlighted in your post--one reason for hourly rates at Inez's appearing as less than $300/hr is because in year 2010, there were still 70min & 40min rates in effect. At the time, their website stated: $300 for 60-70min & $200 for 30-40min. Now, both their new & old websites state $300/hr and $200/30min. However, I do know that some in 2012, while I was visiting there, were still able to get $200/40min at Inez's IF the lady is willing to do that. At the Shady Lady, the posted price for 2-hour parties is $500, which is less than the $300/hr you mention--and I've had at least one of those parties in each party room at the Shady Lady.

The Hiking Guy
ps: damn, IB, you beat me to it!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 07:10:04 PM by Hiking Guy »

Ebadger9

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2013, 07:09:55 PM »
One comment on your thoughts for "posted" price brothels. While the hourly rate is $300 the half-hour price is $200, at least at Inez's, so if one had a half-hour party they are paying a rate of $400/hour.  Also longer parties, while costing more, result in a reduced rate.  Therefore it's possible, even likely, to have accurate information and a rate of something other than $300/hour.

That makes sense.

That could also be misleading for negotiation brothels then.  Let's say I only have $400.  Lady wants $600 for the hour, $400 for the half hour.  I pay the $400 because I really want to party.  The one hour average is now $800, which is bad information for anyone using that info to try to negotiate a party.  Or am I missing something?

Offline Hiking Guy

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2013, 07:45:30 PM »

That makes sense.

That could also be misleading for negotiation brothels then.  Let's say I only have $400.  Lady wants $600 for the hour, $400 for the half hour.  I pay the $400 because I really want to party.  The one hour average is now $800, which is bad information for anyone using that info to try to negotiate a party.  Or am I missing something?

Mitch,

No, you aren't missing anything and stated the scenario correctly. If you book $400 for 30min, you paid at an $800/hr rate.

I'll use Inez's as an example since they are a posted price house where one might think all rates should be the same... 

Party times at Inez's for 2010-2012 varied from 0.5-2.5 hours. This is why we have a 1 hr rate table based on averages (of which most parties really are 1 hour) and a corresponding price & time table. This is also why the first 8 tables are limited to parties in the ladies room, with a single lady, which last <= 3 hours. Any parties over that amount of time are put in the Supplement Survey following the Main survey because beyond 3 hours, the rates can begin to seriously drop (I noticed this from studying the actual individual rate ranges from earlier years). It could be argued that a 2-hour cutoff would be better than a 3-hr cutoff (it was a toss up for me) but I had to choose something and figured I'd keep the "symmetry" the same (20min to 60min is a factor of 3 and so is 1hr to 3hr). The only way around the scenario you mention is to have additional rate tables--one for 20min, 30min, 40min, 45min, 1hr, 1.5hr, 2hr, 2.5 hr & 3hr (& possibly others) which would cut down on the # of submissions in each of those categories & produce poorer statistics.

Also, one can get a feel for how the hourly rate can vary due to these different rates based on party length by looking at the StdDev column--a low # there indicates that the hourly rates experienced didn't vary much from the calculated average rate in the table. For example, for Inez's with a total of 58 submissions from 9 different customers, the party time ranged from 0.5hr to 2.5 hrs and the price range from $200 to $600 and the hourly rate range was $240 to $400 with an average hourly rate of $292 and a StdDev of only $23--which means there's very little variation from that $292/hr average across that wide range of party times (0.5 to 2.5 hrs) among a decent # of customers (i.e. 9 submitters) with a large # of submissions (i.e. 58).

Bottom line--one should get a better rate when they book a 3hr party compared to a 1hr party and likewise be getting a better rate when they book a 1hr party compared to a 20min party. I certainly wouldn't accept a lady's 20min rate for booking a 3hr party with her.

The Hiking Guy
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 07:52:38 PM by Hiking Guy »

Ebadger9

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2013, 07:47:27 PM »
Statistics scare me...  lol

Basically, if I pay near the average, I'm probably doing ok.

ratz

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2013, 07:48:38 PM »
Man, you guys are dedicated to helping out the newbie.  I truly appreciate all the effort and advice you and all the other contributing mongers..

ratz

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2013, 07:50:22 PM »
Great job also.

Offline Hiking Guy

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2013, 07:53:11 PM »
Statistics scare me...  lol

Basically, if I pay near the average, I'm probably doing ok.

Exactly! It means you did good--right in there with the average for all Monger's who participated.

Offline Hiking Guy

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2013, 07:55:30 PM »
Great job also.

ratz,

Thanks!  That's one of the reasons we're here.

oh, and welcome to the board!

The Hiking Guy