Author Topic: Dennis Hof Refuses to Pay $1400 to Former Working Girl  (Read 44527 times)

East Coast Guy

Re: Dennis Hof Refuses to Pay $1400 to Former Working Girl
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2013, 05:49:41 PM »
This topic is at best a little more then gossip.   115 replies are far to many.  For sure, everything that needed to be said has, been said.     

Who's getting laid and who's getting paid?  Who's riding it and who's hiding it?   

East Coast Guy

sportsman

« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2013, 05:52:17 PM »
long, drawn out responses by posters are NOT INFORMATIVE...
Be brief and to the point, please...

By the WAY , This subject has no appeal to those of us who do not care about what has allegedly happened...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 05:55:13 PM by sportsman »

JSBach

« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2013, 06:01:22 PM »
+3
This topic is at best a little more then gossip.   115 replies are far to many.  For sure, everything that needed to be said has, been said.     

Who's getting laid and who's getting paid?  Who's riding it and who's hiding it?   

East Coast Guy

If you want to ask these questions, please start another thread. None of them have anything at all to do with this topic. You do have the option of not reading or posting in this thread if you think it's just gossip.

long, drawn out responses by posters are NOT INFORMATIVE...
Be brief and to the point, please...

By the WAY , This subject has no appeal to those of us who do not care about what has allegedly happened...

If the subject has no appeal, why bother posting?

crimson

« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2013, 07:42:26 PM »
Eh.  Why do I bother.  Internet arguments never changes anyone's mind.  This board has a fetish for hating on Dennis no matter what he does, and any attempt to broach a different point of view from the official party line is kissing ass/defending.

Sadly JSBach, you succeed in micro reading comprehension but fail at macro.  I pointed out D needs to learn his shit before someone gets hurt badly.  But I'm still defending him...  You ignored my main argument in which the entire thing is grist for the rumor mill, and essentially a mountain out of a molehill.  Far as I can tell, both parties are a fault, and I doubt the 3rd party (the truth) will ever make an appearance.

Offline ice-storm

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2013, 08:02:52 PM »
Can you imagine that, Don Rickles would be proud. People paying to be insulted.
What a country! ::)[/color][/size][/font]

Yeah but Rickles is awesome and when I go to a comedy club, I don't mind paying to have a comedian insult me. I want him/her to have fun.

JSBach

« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2013, 10:37:39 PM »
+4
Eh.  Why do I bother.  Internet arguments never changes anyone's mind.  This board has a fetish for hating on Dennis no matter what he does, and any attempt to broach a different point of view from the official party line is kissing ass/defending.

You didn't actually try to put forth a different view. You haven't used facts or logic. Your argument is basically the standard line that people who don't like Hof are just "haters." It's always about attacking the other person rather than refuting his argument. You try to act like you are being reasonable by looking at both sides of the story when it should be obvious to anyone with even the slightest amount of ethics that he is in the wrong. It is never OK to out someone's information. There is no defense of that.

The only reason I take the time to reply to you is there are too many with the same attitude. They don't care about how the women are treated and seem to have some crazy desire to suck up to Hof. I'm also one of the few willing to speak up against him. I know I won't change your mind, and I don't care. My posts are for the benefit of others who might choose where to work or spend their money based on his behavior.

Sadly JSBach, you succeed in micro reading comprehension but fail at macro.  I pointed out D needs to learn his shit before someone gets hurt badly.  But I'm still defending him...  You ignored my main argument in which the entire thing is grist for the rumor mill, and essentially a mountain out of a molehill.  Far as I can tell, both parties are a fault, and I doubt the 3rd party (the truth) will ever make an appearance.

I understand everything you wrote. You are defending him because you have repeatedly misrepresented the issue and have actually shown sympathy to him like he was the wronged party. Anything else seemed to be thrown in almost as an afterthought. Your focus appeared to be on trying to minimize the severity of his actions, i.e., it wasn't bad because she put enough information out there for a determined stalker to find her details anyway. You showed sympathy for Dennis, but didn't really seem to have any for his victim. Anything where you criticized Dennis was mostly about how it was a bad PR move. That is defending him as far as I'm concerned.

I see Dennis for what he is. He has treated people like this for a long time. You can read forum archives related to this industry going back more than a decade to see this is the case. Nothing has changed about how he treats others. He is immature and petty and is obviously able to push others around regularly without any consequences. This is because of people like you. As long as he has been acting like this he has had men like you willing to defend him.

crimson

« Reply #111 on: September 29, 2013, 11:34:49 PM »
The funny thing is how polarized your viewpoint is.  ANY tolerance is 'Defending'.  Nevermind he can apparently do nothing right in your mind.  You decry the dislike for 'haters' while attacking 'defenders' or anyone who might potentially defend D.  They don't even have to actively defend him, just add a non-hater viewpoint to the picture.  It feels like you feel that if a person doesn't hate him, they are wrong or need additional education.

This board needs to have multiple viewpoints.  Otherwise the membership will dwindle and only the 'haters' will remain.  Kinda like another forum I've seen.  I find it amusing that the fastest way to get upvoted is to attack Dennis, or anyone seen not actively hating him.

Ewysiwg

« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2013, 07:58:00 AM »
+5
This board has a fetish for hating on Dennis no matter what he does, and any attempt to broach a different point of view from the official party line is kissing ass/defending.

That does happen regularly, I admit. And what JS Bach has stated happens just as often.

But most of the fervent Dennis/BR haters have been pretty silent on this thread. The problem with this board is there ARE indeed "Hof Haters and Heroes," and in the shuffle, legitimate criticism over bad behavior - as well as accolades for what he gets right - are lost.

As fas as Ms Summers, I encourage anyone to try and locate her personal info using the name Krissy, her reputed age, the state her alma mater is located, or even the cheer team website or local paper of the city where her University is situated. You won't find it. You can go back five years - I live in that town. Without either Dennis publishing the info, or hiring a private detective, her real name and current address could not have been found. Even though Bach is right - it doesn't matter how easy or not easy the info was to find.

Dennis publicly outted a working girl; that he did so is not opinion nor gossip but fact. This is the brothel business and it isn't acceptable. If Sheris, Shady Lady, Mustang, Inez's or anyone I left out ever does it, call on me to bring the heat then, too.

JSBach

« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2013, 04:36:12 AM »
This board needs to have multiple viewpoints.  Otherwise the membership will dwindle and only the 'haters' will remain.  Kinda like another forum I've seen.

If you're talking about the forum I think you are, at least they have respect for privacy. I don't particularly like a lot of the people on that forum, but about the only rule they have is that you don't out someone. It's kind of ironic that you try to use them as an example of what this site would become when they actually show more respect for privacy than you do.

None of the rest of your post was worth addressing.

QTo

« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2013, 04:58:53 AM »
This board needs to have multiple viewpoints.  Otherwise the membership will dwindle and only the 'haters' will remain.  Kinda like another forum I've seen.

If you're talking about the forum I think you are, at least they have respect for privacy. I don't particularly like a lot of the people on that forum, but about the only rule they have is that you don't out someone. It's kind of ironic that you try to use them as an example of what this site would become when they actually show more respect for privacy than you do.

None of the rest of your post was worth addressing.

If it is the forum I believe you are talking about, they do keep copied pics up of previous photogates, so even though they didn't out people, they keep the evidence up "forever".

Ewysiwg

« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2013, 03:43:32 PM »
+2
The down vote: "I can't refute what you said with facts or logic, so I'm going to pout in the corner and give you dirty looks."

JSBach

« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2013, 07:09:48 PM »
If it is the forum I believe you are talking about, they do keep copied pics up of previous photogates, so even though they didn't out people, they keep the evidence up "forever".

Yes, they did that. I wasn't trying to defend them. I was just commenting on the irony in crimson's post. I have seen them remove things like real names and phone numbers to protect someone's privacy. They should extend that to removing photos, but they don't.

JSBach

« Reply #117 on: October 01, 2013, 07:12:23 PM »
What's up with the negative votes, Mikey? Do you like seeing working girls treated poorly? Given the posts you voted down it sure seems like it.