Author Topic: New Flight to Reno  (Read 2775 times)

Offline georoc01

• Hoser Family Member
New Flight to Reno
« on: September 13, 2009, 12:53:52 PM »
Just read in the Denver paper that Southwest is adding a new daily non stop to Reno from Denver starting in November.

It will be good to give United some competition that Frontier used to provide before they dropped Reno as a destination.

Offline OldFatMan

• Hoser Family Member
  • The waist is a terrible thing to mind.
Re: New Flight to Reno
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 01:05:05 PM »

Offline georoc01

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 05:24:02 PM »
The service starts January 10.

http://www.blogsouthwest.com/news/southwest-airlines-to-begin-service-to-three-new-nonstop-cities-from-denver

That is good news indeed.

Just in time for Winterfest! Like the idea of free bags when carry skiis to Tahoe.

Speed Racer

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 08:55:38 AM »
The service starts January 10.

http://www.blogsouthwest.com/news/southwest-airlines-to-begin-service-to-three-new-nonstop-cities-from-denver

That is good news indeed.

Just in time for Winterfest! Like the idea of free bags when carry skiis to Tahoe.
And on the NFL games this weekend, Southwest was heavily advertising its "no fees" for checked bags policy, so I don't think they're likely to change it soon as some in the media have recently speculated.

Best regards,
Speed Racer

CookieMonster

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 11:14:27 AM »
I'll have to check that one out... Curently SWA also has some specials to fly with adding a friend to Vegas for Free.  Then I could take a hopper to Reno... ohhhh the possibilities!

Offline OldFatMan

• Hoser Family Member
  • The waist is a terrible thing to mind.
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 12:43:11 PM »
And on the NFL games this weekend, Southwest was heavily advertising its "no fees" for checked bags policy, so I don't think they're likely to change it soon as some in the media have recently speculated.

While Southwest is holding back on the baggage fees they are getting into the fee game. They have a new service* where you can pay an extra $10 per flight to be automatically checked in for your flight 36 hours in advance. If you don't pay for the service* then you check in up to 24 hours in advance as usual but are now more likely to get a B or C pass.

* Southwest is calling it a service, I call it a fee.

http://www.southwest.com/flight/early-bird-faq.html
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 12:50:06 PM by OldFatMan »

afriend

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 02:14:01 PM »
I'll have to check that one out... Curently SWA also has some specials to fly with adding a friend to Vegas for Free.  Then I could take a hopper to Reno... ohhhh the possibilities!
Hey CM,

I'll drive up north to meet you to fly out to either winterfest or LPIN Gathering-14 and split the cost of the flights with you!  Or I could drive to Indy and do the same with Speedy if he will be going to either function coming up!

I can just see a bunch of LPIN Gathering'ers meeting up in Vegas and driving to the southern houses first before journeying up north to Reno using this SWA offer.

Take care,
afriend

Offline Interested bystander

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 03:53:21 PM »
The friends fly free thing is only up until January 3 at the moment and they have it blacked out on certain days.  Sheri and I are going to Vegas in December so I checked it out and the week we're going is blacked out.

CookieMonster

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 05:09:02 PM »
Afriend... I'm actually thinking October 28'th-Nov 1 for HolloweenieFest... Haven't checked that one out yet for blocked dates on SWA.  Hey, when they ask me who I'm bringing, I could just tell them, "AFriend"  That would really confuse them.  Are you planning on making a trip during that time?  I've never come out to Reno around then, only in Mid-November once.  I'm enticed by the Halloween bash and seeing the ladies dressed (or undressed) up at the houses, and I'm getting one helluva deal at the Peckermill with 4 comped nights in the Tuscany suites.  Heck, we could even split the Car rental costs if ya want.  Less freedom to go wherever on your own, but I have a pretty good idea of where you may be during the wee hours at night ;o)  If your interested, then PM me and we can work out the details.

CM

afriend

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 05:44:39 PM »
Check your PM, CM.