Author Topic: Best Little courtesanhouse  (Read 1246 times)

Voyeur

Best Little courtesanhouse
« on: September 13, 2009, 05:42:15 PM »
"The Best Little courtesanhouse in Texas" has just started on the Country Music Channel - 5:30 PM PST Sunday night.

Offline double d

• Hoser Family Member
Re: Best Little courtesanhouse
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 08:46:45 PM »
"The Best Little courtesanhouse in Texas" has just started on the Country Music Channel - 5:30 PM PST Sunday night.

Been there.

Lol, I think Cobia was part of the original cast.....
Just hold on loosely but don't let go
If you cling to tightly
You're gonna lose control

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 08:54:24 PM »
It's a great nite for movies.  The hunchback of norte dame is on TCM. Following that is Uncle Tom's cabin also on TCM. Looks like I better get another diet coke out of the ice box.

Speed Racer

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 10:26:56 AM »
Do they still play that movie on an endless loop at the CR's Leghorn Bar?

Best regards,
Speed Racer

afriend

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 01:28:08 PM »

Best regards,
Speed Racer
They did the last time I was there... but that was in January, 2008.

afriend

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 01:34:54 PM »

Best regards,
Speed Racer

afriend
  WHY? That movie has nothing to do with the Chicken Ranch!

So what's next? Hof continuously running the love ranch movie at the lover ranch once it is released? ::)

Speed Racer

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 11:24:09 AM »

Best regards,
Speed Racer

afriend
  WHY? That movie has nothing to do with the Chicken Ranch!

So what's next? Hof continuously running the love ranch movie at the lover ranch once it is released? ::)
I agree, but then Russ & Ken have always thought of their establishment as the "heir" to the La Grange legacy. Don't know whether or not they got that perspective from Walter way back when they first bought the place from him. But I'd agree that particular movie musical is now, at best, a very tenuous connection. Especially since most of the younger generation of their patrons has likely never even heard of it, its stars, or the original CR back in Texas (and also likely doesn't realize that particular establishment is what ZZ Top is "talkin' about" in their classic song about the "shack outside La Grange"). BTW, the present day incarnation "outside Pah-rump" has still "gotta lotta nice girls, eh!"

Best regards,
Speed Racer