Author Topic: Hijacking the Awards Process  (Read 13037 times)

RachelVarga

Hijacking the Awards Process
« on: June 06, 2016, 01:51:36 AM »
Who is the guy that screwed up the voting and why would he do that? Sounds like it was crazy last year.

FrancesJVS

Re: Hijacking the Awards Process
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 03:06:34 AM »
Who is the guy that screwed up the voting and why would he do that? Sounds like it was crazy last year.

That's not even a footnote in LPIN land or SIN for that matter

RachelVarga

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 03:43:57 AM »

What do you mean not a footnote? Having 40 usernames and fucking up an awards process is more than a footnote. Why are you being so defensive? I just asked a question.

RachelVarga

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 07:42:11 AM »

What do you mean not a footnote? Having 40 usernames and fucking up an awards process is more than a footnote. Why are you being so defensive? I just asked a question.
You're asking the guy who did it

I presume the awards were not given?

FrancesJVS

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 08:49:00 AM »

You're asking the guy who did it

I presume the awards were not given?
Th
LOL. they certainly were. You should ask Goldie & the gang what happened. The story is hilarious.    two courtesans didn't show up. Would rather have gone to a wedding. Both of them.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 01:01:26 PM by Borg2 »

RachelVarga

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 10:15:56 AM »
But what about the guy voting multiple times? Who was that and why did he do it?

DennisHof

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 10:16:04 AM »
These awards have never had any credibility

Its sin popularity contest

RachelVarga

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 10:20:15 AM »

I'm just trying to understand what happened.

FrancesJVS

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 10:31:21 AM »

They just miscounted. FF sent out an email blast to everyone (160+ members, that's what I seem to remember. They couldn't even agree on the number of finalists. 6 were selected instead of 5. I understand there is a tie-breaker based on time. So I wonder who the sixth finalist was?

RachelVarga

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 10:50:04 AM »

They just miscounted. FF sent out an email blast to everyone (160+ members, that's what I seem to remember. They couldn't even agree on the number of finalists. 6 were selected instead of 5. I understand there is a tie-breaker based on time. So I wonder who the sixth finalist was?

Okay I understand. They blame that ECE guy. Who is he?

Mickey_St_James

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 10:56:39 AM »
One would hope any kind of awards/popularity contest would allegedly have rules that would allegedly be followed.   I have no idea what happened in last year's voting - maybe it was legit and on the up-and-up.  But it seems like every year there is an abundance of bellyaching and accusations a' plenty.

If the vote is legit, great, but there seems to be a lot of questions of integrity.  Is there any way the issues can be addressed, or is LPIN simply too controversial and dramatic by nature?

RachelVarga

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2016, 11:06:35 AM »
Take a box and open and show it is empty. Each person puts in a vote and their name is checked off. Secret vote of course. Count the votes and if 120 people voted you should have 120 slips of paper anything invalidates that vote. If it is invalidated then do it again.

Every vote is read out loud and shown.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 11:08:20 AM by RachelVarga »

Flyfisher

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2016, 11:14:49 AM »
The LPIN Gathering Awards means something to someone. Some of the ladies like them, some of the brothel owners have coveted some sort of recognition. Dennis, I remember the year MLBR won Brothel of the Year that you were not in attendance but we withheld announcement until you could drive from Moundhouse to South end of Reno's event so we could award you and get a photo op for you and your web site. I was the presenter of the awards that year and I believe you were happy.  It meant something that night. So maybe the awards are not so "all that," anymore, but at different times, for different ladies and establishments they meant something. Its not like you are completely above it all.  I think your houses rock and have gotten a lotta $$$ from me over the years and I was happy.  And I did not piss and moan when the photo of me presenting you the BOY award appeared on the Bunny Ranch web site.  I didn't care (speaking for myself). 
Best wishes and lotsa $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Fly

Flyfisher

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2016, 11:30:35 AM »
Rachel, back about 19 years ago we decided to have a second gathering and we called ourselves Cyber courtesan Mongers Club for lack of anything better.  The most popular lady at the time (who was popular because she was the first Internet pioneer of GFE) styled herself a Courtesan and we decided that we'd have an awards process to recognize her. it was all done in fun.  Only reviewers who had posted party reviews of their favorite LPIN ladies were accorded a vote.  Who better than the actual customer and not the ladies, the lurkers online or brothel owners or employees. Just the actual partying guys!  How novel is that?  But...in the evolving process over the years, in order to make more people feel included (cyber political correctness at its worst), we've opened it up so that people who have never even been in the state of Nevada have a say. That is fucked.

So...this all evolving politically correct thing has been a piss pot of divisiveness for years and years and in the realm of pussy, $$$, self posturing to be most recognized in the pecker-ing order....the all inclusive LPIN Gathering Awards means something to the winners (a trophy that collects dust on a brothel mantel) that means less and less.  COurtesan of the Year winners usually try like hell to win and some don't but whomever wins it retires within weeks to a few months after getting it so I submit: if you like being a regular to a COY nominee that its best to NOT vote for her so she sticks around. And brothel owners who do want to win BOY and don't get pissed off and disaffected with the process.

And its a lot of work to run a LPIN Gathering Awards and try to make it fair and please everyone and you end up pissing people off cuz those who don't do it aren't going to be happy with those who do. I know cuz I been on both ends of the stick.

Last year we had the one guy use lots of names. He's a POS elitist that was a stalker and got run outta town and he's still around we believe.  The two primary guys running the awards kinda pissed off guys who didn't and it was more of a Keystone Kops deal than anything else so LPIN Gathering19 was the weirdest of awards. This years awards being the 20th LPIN Gathering and the 18th in the series is running fairly smooth and I hope committee has fewer headaches. 

FrancesJVS

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2016, 11:54:47 AM »

I'll tell you part 2 tonight. It gets even more hilarious. BTW if you ever meet JAGGED, he's a really cool DUDE ;). Ill tell you why in part 2.

Okay I understand. They blame that ECE guy. Who is he?