Author Topic: Hijacking the Awards Process  (Read 13038 times)

Offline Shooter

• Hoser Family Member
  • Plank owner of the Atomic Crater Ranch
Re: Hijacking the Awards Process
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2016, 07:52:38 PM »
I had found the early boards about that time, but work schedules prevented my from attending until 2003.
Negotiations 101. You either want my money or you don't.  I don't care because some one else does.

redde illis futuis eos ambula

ColtsFan90

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2016, 08:44:18 PM »
Glad to see that Slednx is back!  The board just improved tremendously.

Thanks for the info on FrancesJVS.  Seems pretty pathetic to post constantly on a forum where no one likes you.

Offline MrTShirt

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2016, 02:37:59 AM »
I think the LPIN Gathering will survive.

Nature teaches us that a animal sheds some fur, and a snake sheds some skin, but they continue along in fine shape.

Welcome to LPIN Gathering 20.

(If you want some inside information, expect to see me in the running, due to my fantastic hairdo.)
ProstiDUDE Ranch Mgr. - the 26 incher
88% of millionaires used hard work, 12% inherited it
404D4F53534144333837

RachelVarga

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2016, 03:14:19 AM »
Well the evenimg came and went and the sky has not fallen. Since everyone knows who he is I figured he would man up and admit. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and he failed. If he is not ECE then he just has to answer no.

bungalow bill

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2016, 07:35:58 AM »
Look up Clusterfuck in the dictionary......you get a pic of the SIN Hooker of the Year Awards. 

Yes, the girls like being nominated.....it gives them something to put on their posts.....AND justifies a raise in rates. 

The banquet COULD be awesome.....it just needs more nudity, sex, and Jell-O shots.  Plus demos.....Ben wa balls, vibrators, lube expo, Aneros displays, fucking machines, etc etc etc.....

Offline bones

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2016, 08:54:50 AM »
I'll fully 2nd and support the comments from Rachel ,  Dennis , and cosmo as to the credibility of the awards. I've watched for years and seen many cases where suspension as to how valid vote was. Thus due to how I noticed such basic and serious flawed a system it was decided to abstain from wasting my time to be part of it.

Take the simple extremely easy to see by anyone its basically loaded against any lady who doesn't work any part of the year in Reno just in rural locations, has nearly zero (0) chance beyond nominated. That's wrong and the system needs revision to make it fair to them, yet repeated suggestions for such go on deaf ears and closed minds. In general I find the entire contest weighted to favor Reno over all other locations.

RachelVarga

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2016, 09:18:20 AM »
How is the voting done? Like ballot box, electronic, or clay tablets? I mean what is physical way the votes are taken and counted?

Offline Q

• Administrator
  • Hoser Family Member
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2016, 09:31:11 AM »
http://LPIN Gatheringawards.com/index.php?topic=286.0

Nominations, preliminary votes round, and final votes were all taken either by email to the awards team or by the automated voting form, which submitted anything that was cast to the awards team's private board on the LPIN GatheringAwards.com forum.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 09:34:31 AM by Q »

goldie

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2016, 09:58:29 AM »
Everyone is for sure entitled to his opinion, but it's noteworthy that everyone who has posted how they don't matter has had nothing to do with them

It's easy to shit sling from the sidelines where u have no clue what you are talking about. If you don't like the process don't participate -- that's what I've chosen this year. But don't dis the people who win. It's not for us to say.

Offline MrTShirt

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2016, 10:34:50 AM »

Everyone is for sure entitled to his opinion...

Well, Goldie, I need to take you to task!  Everyone can have an opinion, BUT some opinions are worth more than others.

Anyway, the LPIN Gathering started out as a fun event, and it continues as such.

Jagged's post award awards were also fun, and I hope continues.

We need to add one additional award, an award for the guy who threw around the most cold water on others' fun.
ProstiDUDE Ranch Mgr. - the 26 incher
88% of millionaires used hard work, 12% inherited it
404D4F53534144333837

RachelVarga

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2016, 10:51:38 AM »
It''s sort of like a people's choice award. Whether or not anyone believes me this kind of thing probably makes a girl feel good. I know I would be happy. Hell most girls would be. I think it's a good idea. So to trash the awards and screw them up for the girls is deeply selfish.

Mikey

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2016, 11:37:25 AM »
Well the Mustang Ranch seems to think it matters.

From the RGJ:
"The Mustang Ranch brothel in Storey County east of Sparks has won the Nevada Brothel of the Year award from the LPIN Gathering Group, a Nevada-based Internet social group which supports legal prostitution, according to a news release."

http://www.rgj.com/story/money/business/2014/07/22/mustang-takes-brothel-year-award/13003845/

Damn, we're a "social group that supports legal prostitution", and I thought we were just a bunch of hosers and posers.
:P

Offline KittiMinx

• Geek Girl & LPIN Supporter
  • Working Girl
  • Hoser Family Member
  • Budget Friendly VIP Service!
    • You Can Haz A Kitti
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2016, 12:40:15 PM »
It''s sort of like a people's choice award. Whether or not anyone believes me this kind of thing probably makes a girl feel good. I know I would be happy. Hell most girls would be. I think it's a good idea. So to trash the awards and screw them up for the girls is deeply selfish.

*fist bump*

I've always liked Peoples Choice typed awards that go by votes of the general public, rather than awards set by specific groups of people and decided only among those groups. Great examples would be the Oscars and the Emmys. Yes a lot of great artists and pieces get awards and recognition, but at the same time a lot of artists and works the general public really likes often get snubbed.  With TV I've compared online polls, social media follows, and Peoples Choice type awards and compared them to the Emmy's and other industry-based awards in the US and a lot of the time it doesn't always line up well. Programming on the CW gets snubbed a lot even though millions of people watch these shows and love them. A lot of effort goes into CW shows as well even if they don't have the budgets of HBO, premium cable, and ABC to do incredibly intricate things or hire rosters of A-list celebs to make up the cast.  The Flash, Arrow, Supernatural, the 100,  the Vampire Diaries, among others get millions of viewers and have very solid vocal fanbases as well as a lot of work gone into their production yet if you look at the Emmys and other awards shows they're overlooked completely.  I'm honestly baffled that Supernatural has been on American TV for over a decade still producing new seasons and new material and despite winning numerous Peoples Choice Awards for various things and other awards voted in by general populations it has yet to be acknowledged by the Emmys and other such industry awards giants.  And I have enough connections and intel in the US movie business and know people in the Academy where I know full well how rigged the Oscars are. Golden Globes are a bit more open but they're not as a prestigious as an Oscar.  I was genuinely shocked DiCaprio finally won an Oscar this past Awards ceremony, as the amount of times he'd been snubbed had reached levels where it'd become sources for comedic material. If the Oscars look like it's the same group of people patting themselves on the back and not weighed on actual merit of the works it's because, well, that's what it is.

This kind of thing really should be more Peoples Choice and results decided by honest input by separate individuals. And not like, well, the Oscars. Merit should decide value and 'worthiness' just as much if not more than the opinions of specific people.  As it does make the girls feel good and like they're doing something right that people like. It's good encouragement, especially if you are interested in upholding quality and standards in the businesses and feel there should be things aspired to by the workers. More so than "oh you made a lot of money in X amount of time - go you!" as earnings really aren't the be all end all basis to judge the quality of work.  Terrible movies rake in millions of dollars because of how they're marketed gets people to pay for it, but they're still objectively bad movies not deserving of awards like 'The Last Airbender' made millions in global box office but just look at 90% of the reviews for it. It's terrible and rightly harpooned. The fact it did gross millions and made back more than what was invested in production had no effect on how the public felt about it and critics as well. If you take your work seriously, regardless of what it is, and work hard with aspirations of providing quality work that's well received one should have the potential to be rewarded for it in some way and get recognition.

Flyfisher

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2016, 01:19:07 PM »
Well said Goldie. Francis/ECE subscribes to the the Hof/Rhianna way of posting. Always playing the victim, always starting the fight, then crying out, "who? Me?"

Sled!!! I'm so glad to see you posting! We need to reassert the reality on this board.

Six is back, Sled is back....now if we just had Sidewinder!!!!!

Thanks for posting. And for your support.

Right on Goldie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I swear to God you tell it like it is better than the people with gonads.  Right fucking on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goldie

DennisHof

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2016, 04:15:30 PM »
Well the Mustang Ranch seems to think it matters.

From the RGJ:
"The Mustang Ranch brothel in Storey County east of Sparks has won the Nevada Brothel of the Year award from the LPIN Gathering Group, a Nevada-based Internet social group which supports legal prostitution, according to a news release."

http://www.rgj.com/story/money/business/2014/07/22/mustang-takes-brothel-year-award/13003845/

Damn, we're a "social group that supports legal prostitution", and I thought we were just a bunch of hosers and posers.
:P

They dont get media very often