Author Topic: Air Force Amy Sings  (Read 2793 times)

afriend

Re: Air Force Amy Sings
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2009, 05:26:39 PM »
Many actors and singers came from Ohio. The Mills brothers, Screamin Jay Hawkins, the edsels,  Dean Martin, Maureen Mcgovern, and I also believe Roy rogers. I'm sure there are several others. but thats just off the top of my head.

Yep... Roy Rodgers, Bob Hope, Phyllis Diller, Johnathan Winters, Paul Newman to name a few actors and comedians. Musicians include Billy Strayhorn (Take The A Train), Nancy Wilson, The O'Jays, Rick Derringer of The McCoys (Hang on Sloopy, and is the official rock song of the state of Ohio and The Ohio State University).

There is quite an extensive list of people from here in Ohio.  WikipediA has this list.

List of People From Ohio  You can click on any name for additional details about them.

afriend

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2009, 07:00:21 PM »
Many actors and singers came from Ohio. The Mills brothers, Screamin Jay Hawkins, the edsels,  Dean Martin, Maureen Mcgovern, and I also believe Roy rogers. I'm sure there are several others. but thats just off the top of my head.

Yep... Roy Rodgers, Bob Hope, Phyllis Diller, Johnathan Winters, Paul Newman to name a few actors and comedians. Musicians include Billy Strayhorn (Take The A Train), Nancy Wilson, The O'Jays, Rick Derringer of The McCoys (Hang on Sloopy, and is the official rock song of the state of Ohio and The Ohio State University).

There is quite an extensive list of people from here in Ohio.  WikipediA has this list.

List of People From Ohio  You can click on any name for additional details about them.

afriend

The extensive list left off Ruby Nash of Ruby and the Romantics (Our day will come) Akron Ohio. Perhaps they need someone like me who collect vinyl to complete their list. :o

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2009, 07:26:11 PM »

afriend

The extensive list left off Ruby Nash of Ruby and the Romantics (Our day will come) Akron Ohio. Perhaps they need someone like me who collect vinyl to complete their list. :o
OOps, I just remembered another group. Otis Willams and the charms out of Cincinnati. they had the origianl "hearts made of stone" later covered by CCR. Perhaps I should contact them and lend a helping hand.