Author Topic: Elko Flight Changes  (Read 292 times)

Offline hikino

• Couch Lint
Elko Flight Changes
« on: June 27, 2022, 10:38:37 PM »
Hello everyone,

While checking out flights on the Delta Airline website, I noticed two changes today regarding the SLC-EKO route:

1) The usual price of $186 round trip suddenly jumps up to $486 for the first week of August, though it appears it slowly settles down to its usual $186 later in the month.

2) More importantly, it appears the flight times will change in August and it looks like it stays that way.  The SLC-EKO flight will now leave at 5:00 p.m. Mountain Time.  The return flight back to SLC will leave about 6-6:30 p.m. Pacific Time and arrive at SLC around 8:00 p.m. Mountain Time.

It's beginning to look like either driving to Elko, or taking the shuttle bus, are better options than flying.  I won't be surprised if this is the result of all the turmoil we're seeing in the airline industry.

Offline Elkogfe

• Brothel Owner / Employee
  • Hoser Family Member
Re: Elko Flight Changes
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 11:33:16 PM »
The salt lake express is super easy and picks you up at airport.

Offline hikino

• Couch Lint
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 11:56:15 PM »
I stand corrected.  Price change appears to start next month with it going up slowly, and the bottom half of July (certainly the last week) is at the $486.00 price.

Offline hikino

• Couch Lint
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 11:58:52 PM »

It most cetainly is!  I priced it at $125.00 round trip.  I'm keeping them in mind as Plan B.  Plan C is rental car from SLC and driving if I absolutely must.

Offline SMRKIA

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2022, 03:55:56 PM »

It most cetainly is!  I priced it at $125.00 round trip.  I'm keeping them in mind as Plan B.  Plan C is rental car from SLC and driving if I absolutely must.

Don’t forget there’s a promo code, SLC-EKO that will save you a few dollars on the SLC Express.

As for Skywest (Delta), a couple things. Number 1 Wildfire and I had talked about this a few months ago. In January Elko Airport renewed Skywests contract for 2022, but then Skywest walked it back and said they would only do 6 months, so there might be some changes coming up there pretty soon. They also did a guaranteed revenue agreement with Skywest, I think it was $400,000 for the year, I would imagine it was prorated for the 6 month agreement.

Basically if Skywest does less than $400,000 in sales on tickets to/from Elko the city will reimburse the difference. I bring that up because that arrival into SLC is at a terrible time. You’d be looking at at least 9pm for a connecting flight, which mind you is 10pm Central and 11pm Eastern, so you’ll be on a red eye flight. This is unattractive for a lot of people so I would think that it will decrease bookings even further. HOWEVER, with that guaranteed revenue agreement all Skywest has to do is keep the service running, so there’s not much of an incentive for them to run a flight at a time that would maximize bookings.

I know Elko wants to ditch Skywest, but there aren’t exactly a lot of airlines itching to fly into Elko.