Discussions > LPIN Specific Discussion

Elko Amtrak station

(1/3) > >>

mikejt:
What is it like to be at the Elko train platform?  I am interested in the east bound side to head towards SLC?  I understand the train arrives about 9:30pm.  Any advice would be helpful.  I

JimDiGriz:
You might want to clarify.  I can imagine possible questions that you're interested in, but that won't get answered unless you explicitly ask them:

* Is it safe at that time of night?
* Is there a place to sit/get out of the wind?
* Can I get something to eat?

vanityaffair:
Elko train station gets in at 330 am. It is a scary spot. I suggest calling a cab service ahead of time or having someone pick you up. Otherwise you’re in a desert spot and it is deserted. Many cabs are there. One day I did not have a cab reserved and I shared a cab with someone to my hotel. Heard of brothel owners picking up people at the train station. That really helps out.
XO Vanity

mikejt:

That is the information that I am looking for.  I also know there is two sides and the one I am using is the platform on Sharp access . That is the one heading east .  I will be coming from Reno and on my way out of Elko I will be heading towards Salt Lake City. 

quote author=JimDiGriz link=topic=38966.msg436717#msg436717 date=1708778731]
You might want to clarify.  I can imagine possible questions that you're interested in, but that won't get answered unless you explicitly ask them:

* Is it safe at that time of night?
* Is there a place to sit/get out of the wind?
* Can I get something to eat?[/quote]

vanityaffair:
Sorry. I always take train from Elko to Reno or Reno to Elko. Yes 930pm is correct coming from salt lake. I always call Amtrak around 3 hours earlier to confirm exact time of train arrival. A lot of times train was delayed. One time the train was delayed due to a bolder on track and did not come till next day. I find the train more reliable than the bus.
XO Vanity

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version