Author Topic: The Love Ranch  (Read 3965 times)

time_twist

Re: The Love Ranch
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 07:03:52 PM »
Time Twist, Thank you. That really makes me happy. We have a lot of great ladies there who are friendly and FUN.
Your welcome, and you can thank Jimi Lynn for my vote of confidence.  Hope to meet you next year when I visit.  Planned on visiting this fall, but my project at work is a bit tight so it doesn't look like I'll get my vacation until November or December, and I am not too sure about the weather in Reno that time of year.

Offline Interested bystander

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 07:44:43 PM »
Reno actually has great weather most of the year.  The snow tends to stay up in the mountains most of the time and I actually had colder weather when I lived in Oklahoma.  We tend to have our first freeze around Halloween and usually have our first snow sometime in November.  That first snow though is usually an inch or less and melts off in a day.  One year we didn't have any snow until January.  Temperatures should be in the 50s in the day and 20s at night from Thanksgiving through Christmas unless something unusual happens.

time_twist

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 04:07:34 AM »
Reno actually has great weather most of the year.  The snow tends to stay up in the mountains most of the time and I actually had colder weather when I lived in Oklahoma.  We tend to have our first freeze around Halloween and usually have our first snow sometime in November.  That first snow though is usually an inch or less and melts off in a day.  One year we didn't have any snow until January.  Temperatures should be in the 50s in the day and 20s at night from Thanksgiving through Christmas unless something unusual happens.
How about the road between Reno and Elko, I plan on taking a run on the road, and noticed all the signs about tire chains.  I would not want to ride on that road in the snow.

Offline Interested bystander

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 06:12:45 AM »
I'm not saying that a storm wouldn't come through and cause road problems between Reno and Elko but you would have to be very unlucky for it to happen during your trip that time of year.  February and March you would be more likely to see conditions requiring chains.  I wouldn't put too much stock in chain up area signs.  Nevada is very paranoid where snow is involved, almost any area where the elevation rises above the surroundings has those signs.

kallimorgan

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2009, 02:05:01 PM »
I have heard it doesn't get bad till after the new year.
I hope I get a chance to meet you before next summer. ;D
I'm an so glad you had fun with Jimi, She's a good friend of mine.
Kisses, Kalli

time_twist

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2009, 11:12:49 PM »
I have heard it doesn't get bad till after the new year.
I hope I get a chance to meet you before next summer. ;D
Kisses, Kalli
Unfortunately it looks like it won't be until spring 2010.

Speed Racer

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2009, 10:00:19 AM »
Kisses, Kalli
Kalli,

Actually, Jimi Lynn is also someone I've long wanted to meet as well. Do you two do doubles together?

Warmest regards,
Speed Racer

Offline georoc01

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2009, 11:29:07 AM »
In many ways it reminds me of Colorado, where we are more likely to get snow in March & April than we are in January & February.

Allenesq

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2009, 11:49:43 AM »
Jimi Lynn is great. I've partied with her 4 times, and I'll definitely see her next time I am visiting.

kallimorgan

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2009, 07:54:33 AM »

Kalli,

Actually, Jimi Lynn is also someone I've long wanted to meet as well. Do you two do doubles together?

Warmest regards,
Speed Racer
[/quote]

Absolutely!!! I love Jimi. We can give you a great party.
Kisses, Kalli

Offline bones

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2009, 10:15:10 AM »
How about the road between Reno and Elko, I plan on taking a run on the road, and noticed all the signs about tire chains.  I would not want to ride on that road in the snow.

I've seen and encountered fog patches at various times in the Great Basin, seems each area has a little different time when this most likely will happen.  Here is a link for weather watches/warnings I use http://www.nws.noaa.gov/
the detailed maps now from googles are slower than tar in Jan at the North Pole.

Speed Racer

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2009, 08:52:48 AM »

I've seen and encountered fog patches at various times in the Great Basin, seems each area has a little different time when this most likely will happen.  Here is a link for weather watches/warnings I use http://www.nws.noaa.gov/
the detailed maps now from googles are slower than tar in Jan at the North Pole.

There are also links to several weather and road condition sources on the "Weather Page" of my LPIN Driving Directions:

http://www.sex-in-nevada.com/directions/weather.html

Best regards,
Speed Racer