Author Topic: how do we get rid of illegal prostitution..or can it be done..  (Read 2199 times)

Redcat

Re: how do we get rid of illegal prostitution..or can it be done..
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2012, 04:06:51 PM »
+2
Let me get this straight. You guys support keeping most prostitution illegal because you think it saves you money. First of all you are wrong. Decriminalization would create more competition not less. Second, it would allow the independents to function under the protection of law rather than as victims of it. And third, having legalized voluntary adult prostitution, under aged prostitution would be a much easier target. Involuntary adult prostitution would be as much a thing of the past as bad moonshine. Finally, it would allow health regulations to be implemented for independent providers not just brothels.

Offline oldskiis

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2012, 07:30:06 PM »
     I do not think anyone here is  promoting illegal prostitution, but it will never be banished, and never made legal, certainly it should be legal, but as I pointed out before, 60% of the population has used marijuana at some time in their lives and yet other than for certain medical uses in certain states, it has never been legalized, so maybe 10% of the male population or 5% of the total population has used a prostitute, most all illegally, this is not a political issue anybody is going to go to bat for and yet it is about basic human rights for a woman.  But the best that can be expected from the system is that they ignore the issue, repression of illegal prostitution only leads to more abuses for the women in that system. 

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2012, 07:49:55 PM »
Let me get this straight. You guys support keeping most prostitution illegal because you think it saves you money. First of all you are wrong. Decriminalization would create more competition not less. Second, it would allow the independents to function under the protection of law rather than as victims of it. And third, having legalized voluntary adult prostitution, under aged prostitution would be a much easier target. Involuntary adult prostitution would be as much a thing of the past as bad moonshine. Finally, it would allow health regulations to be implemented for independent providers not just brothels.

Not with the Nevada system in place.

Funmonger

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2012, 07:52:44 PM »
+1
In Nevada, legal prostitution is based on Licensed prostitutes inside of brothels that have a license to operate as a brothel.  That is one too many layers of red tape for me. I would like to see legal prostitutes with or without having to work inside of brothels.  As a society, we are a long way from having either outside of Nevada. Any time people are forced to work in a group setting, some freedom is lost, in this case, a percentage of the profit.  Not to put down brothels, they are also a source of business for the working girl to some extent.  I do not think that we will ever get rid of legal prostitution until society stops the repression of the needs that are part of the human condition.  LPIN is perceived to be a threat to the family but it is actually the exact opposite in a lot of cases.

Funmonger

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2012, 07:54:33 PM »
Edit correction: We will not get rid of ILLEGAL Prostitution until...

weskers

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2012, 02:08:48 AM »
As long as people can be dupt into thinking or feeling they need someone, there will be people willing to prostitute themselves for that person.

wedgewood

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2012, 02:19:09 AM »
wow ,the majority says no...that is okay..and i did get a kick out of pahrump having no sidewalks...i think we have three,just as many as our traffic lights,and belive me we wouldnt have it any other way...pahrump is where vegas retires..we have no graffii,crime at a minumum,it's majority senoirs so its peaceful and quiet..so fuss as you want about pahrump but its perfect for us..and about the question..i also liked slendexs responce..i too feel the prices are riduculous,always have ....i wonder how that that new device the "square"you put on your iphone to take credit cards,i wonder how that will impact the business...any opinions..

Offline Ironman

• Hoser Family Member
I Dont Think Its Ok
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2012, 04:09:49 AM »
I don't think the illegal game is OK I just don't think there is anyway to completely stop it.

As for that device thing on the phone would not trust it......But that is just me maybe.

100%MAVERICK

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2012, 05:25:39 AM »
+3
i would like to have prostitution legal nation wide. The problem is with the ones writing the law. The laws are writen by the biggest courtesans of all.

Offline ice-storm

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2012, 07:15:43 PM »
i would like to have prostitution legal nation wide. The problem is with the ones writing the law. The laws are writen by the biggest courtesans of all.

Agreed and they are paid big money by major corporations to do so.

madison_graham

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2012, 07:28:50 PM »
+2

The only way to get rid of illegal prostitution is to decriminalize it.

Emery

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2012, 07:54:39 PM »
When It becomes Decriminalized then and only then will Dennis's work be done....

The guy really does want to legalize it not sweep it under the rug. Look at London 150 years ago and Jack the Ripper. Will people ever learn

Legalization everywhere is the answer...

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2012, 09:07:54 PM »
When It becomes Decriminalized then and only then will Dennis's work be done....

The guy really does want to legalize it not sweep it under the rug. Look at London 150 years ago and Jack the Ripper. Will people ever learn

Legalization everywhere is the answer...

Yeah, hof does want to legalize it but he wants the same Nevada system which is just a state run monopoly.  I would like to see adult zones set up  where if women pass all the health test, they could be licensed to operate their own business without having to give half their money to a state sanctioned pimp such as hof.

bungalow bill

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2012, 09:11:17 PM »
Get rid of illegal prostitution? You may as well try to get rid of sodium. 

Offline Kevin

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2012, 11:58:00 PM »
+1
Do you know we have the three brothels in or near Pahrump and we do not have street walkers...not a single one..you would maybe
think they would hang around catch on coming cars  ...but not one...anywhere...should there be brothels in every town..every state.
and what about strip clubs,are they doing dirty business on the side...how do we stop illegal happenings.

I am very skeptical that legal brothels can eliminate illegal prostitution, at least in large cities.  There is plenty of illegal prostitution in Reno, even though brothels are only a half hour away.