Author Topic: It didn't work out at Moundhouse  (Read 9643 times)

SIDEWINDER

Re: It didn't work out at Moundhouse
« Reply #150 on: January 05, 2019, 12:28:18 PM »
+6
Well, I've stayed silent---so far. ;D

I have a different take on the whole situation. I worked for a grocery store that was sold after I had worked for them for about 20 years.  Overnight, everything was turned upside down. I didn't care for anything they were doing but it was their company and not mine. It bothered some to the point, they quit.  Others like myself were not happy but at the same time did not want to rock the boat too much as it was counter productive for both me and the company.  If you ever work for a company who changes hands through a sale or death, it's almost always never the same. Some will love it as it's like cleaning their slate and giving them a fresh start while others will hate it. It's not that one side is right or the other is wrong. The change is just the way things are.  You can either go with the flow or quit but you can't keep trying to do things the way you use to with a new owner.  Sometimes, leaving a job is not a negative but a new beginning.  Sometimes a new owner is not a bad thing either.  I guess it just depends on what side of the picket fence you're standing on.

BTW: I'm done ::)

Offline Armond

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #151 on: January 05, 2019, 12:57:49 PM »
+6
Interesting that we don't see Elko houses with this kind of dialogue

Offline Jack Rackham

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #152 on: January 05, 2019, 04:02:32 PM »
I know, right? :)

Offline Sonja

• Hoser Family Member
  • Point your erection in my direction.
    • Love Ranch Vegas
« Reply #153 on: January 06, 2019, 03:37:56 AM »
+2

There is a HUGE difference between remote rural houses with only a few ladies vs. the big urban houses with huge line-ups.  At the small house I worked in, the culture was quite different and, because we had less opportunity and options, we were EXPECTED to work together.  It was more (functional) family-like. A bigger house is insanely more complicated to manage - whether you are in charge or just a lady on the line-up.  It's so much more diverse and so many more personalities to deal with all at once.

Living in a brothel can be intense and lonely and over-stimulating at the same time. Ladies come in from all over the country - different background stories, issues, goals, ages, dynamics, personalities... and they must live together and work kinda in competition with one another while acting like they're not competing so they can live together peacefully.

I had no idea who Dennis Hof was when I first spoke to him online.  It was a thread in which he was comparing all his bells and whistles to the rustic charm I was promoting.   I told him "It doesn't have to be a war between the North vs. South -- both environments bring something and most of the the guys like to change things up once in awhile.   I still believe that.

Offline Sonja

• Hoser Family Member
  • Point your erection in my direction.
    • Love Ranch Vegas
« Reply #154 on: January 06, 2019, 03:42:23 AM »

I have a different take on the whole situation. I worked for a grocery store that was sold after I had worked for them for about 20 years.  Overnight, everything was turned upside down. I didn't care for anything they were doing but it was their company and not mine. It bothered some to the point, they quit.  Others like myself were not happy but at the same time did not want to rock the boat too much as it was counter productive for both me and the company.  If you ever work for a company who changes hands through a sale or death, it's almost always never the same. Some will love it as it's like cleaning their slate and giving them a fresh start while others will hate it. It's not that one side is right or the other is wrong. The change is just the way things are.  You can either go with the flow or quit but you can't keep trying to do things the way you use to with a new owner.  Sometimes, leaving a job is not a negative but a new beginning.  Sometimes a new owner is not a bad thing either.  I guess it just depends on what side of the picket fence you're standing on.

You're on to something there!  The culture of Moundhouse is not about change.  There were many there who freaked out over the smallest altered detail.  And yet I was brought in to improve LRN.  You can't improve anything without changing something. It was a doomed adventure before it even started.

ImAStoner

« Reply #155 on: January 06, 2019, 04:39:35 AM »

I am sure you will respond with lies!

Unfortunately I will not be responding as I am professional,  said what I needed... THE FACTS!

But now I have a career which I need to attend too.

"HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM ALL OF US HERE AT LOVE RANCH NORTH!"
A rambling reply which is what I'd expect from a Trump supporter.

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #156 on: January 06, 2019, 07:26:18 AM »
+4

You're on to something there!  The culture of Moundhouse is not about change.  There were many there who freaked out over the smallest altered detail.  And yet I was brought in to improve LRN.  You can't improve anything without changing something. It was a doomed adventure before it even started.

Well, there's only thing that will ever change the culture of Mound House or any of the larger brothels. That is the loss of income to the point where it starts to hurts. As long as the money is coming in, they probably have the attitude of it not being broke so don't try and fix it.  They probably also resent workers trying to tell them how to run "THEIR" business or making changes.  At least, that's always the way it has been everywhere I worked at.

BTW: Rural brothels had to change in order to stay in business. That's why you see the rural brothels such as in Elko doing so much more and offering more bang for the buck.  Not the same situation with the larger brothels. 

Offline OlderPhart

• Regular
« Reply #157 on: January 06, 2019, 10:38:26 AM »
+1
Y'know....the Chinese Ideogram for "Trouble" is supposed to be "Two Women Under One Roof"

What would be the Ideogram for "Sixty or so Women Under Five Roofs" ?

Jmc1590

« Reply #158 on: January 06, 2019, 10:54:45 AM »
+1
Armageddon?

Offline ChicagoBob

• Horn Dog
  • Hoser Family Member
« Reply #159 on: January 06, 2019, 11:31:09 AM »
+1
The cul-de-sac! 😂
History will absolve me

Twitter@ChicagoBob6969

ImAStoner

« Reply #160 on: January 06, 2019, 01:09:06 PM »
Amy, I get you're more a diva than Mariah Carey, but why resurrect a dead thread? Sonja's moved on. You're basicallly yelling in an empty room
Amy is a worthless troglodyte and about attractive as an IED. Stand her up in the rain and she MELTS!!!

Ed1032

« Reply #161 on: January 06, 2019, 05:56:05 PM »
Amy, I get you're more a diva than Mariah Carey, but why resurrect a dead thread? Sonja's moved on. You're basicallly yelling in an empty room
Amy is a worthless troglodyte and about attractive as an IED. Stand her up in the rain and she MELTS!!!

I don’t think this is going to help at all.

Offline JimDiGriz

• High Roller
« Reply #162 on: January 06, 2019, 06:05:44 PM »

I don’t think this is going to help at all.

Also, who judges an IED (Improvised Explosive Device) by how attractive it is?  I just can't picture militia members saying

"Yeah it's got a great blast radius and I love the way it maims the enemy, but the color is just so last year!  For pity's sake, it's drab olive!  Is it too much to ask to get a festive chartreuse?!?"

Offline ChicagoBob

• Horn Dog
  • Hoser Family Member
« Reply #163 on: January 06, 2019, 06:18:09 PM »
+1
There's no change without change...
History will absolve me

Twitter@ChicagoBob6969