Author Topic: Oh Cobia, check this out  (Read 1405 times)

SIDEWINDER

Oh Cobia, check this out
« on: April 18, 2014, 07:18:39 AM »
Oh and BTW: It's not from some right wing or left wing rag with an ax to grind but I'll have to admit, you would not see this on Fox.

http://news.yahoo.com/cbo-says-obamacare-cost-less-191500438.html

Offline bones

• Hoser Family Member
Re: Oh Cobia, check this out
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 09:16:33 AM »
Still far too early and imcomplete data to make any real and valid conclusions.

Wait sidey until the the full and detailed numbers in a few months.

Questions:

1) enrollment total means little as all it says is someone signed up to use the site (think sidey like this site you must register to post and how many really post)

2) how many are new or first time actual purchasers of insurance?

3) how many had insurance but it was dropped and they had to buy another policy

4) the number of young people that did buy insurance not just enrolled to see what the prices might be (signed up on the site)

5) how many did really pay even for a single month of insurance (numbers from insurance companies)

6) number who paid one month then dropped it

7) the full detailed breakdown by age/etc.

Thus sidey your cheering based on a number at the top of the page but not reading lower down or on the next page where the data could easily indicate big issues affecting the whole.

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 09:54:11 AM »
You're right, it is too early. Just wait until everyone connected to the medial profession decide they just found the goose that laid the golden egg and start jacking prices up. Then you can come back and blame Obama care for not working instead of all the Greed and the 50 million per year CEO's in the medical industry.

Offline georoc01

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 01:43:54 PM »
And the CBO is making assumptions based upon survey information after Obama cooked the books by changing the questions before and after the implementation.

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-04-15/is-obama-cooking-the-census-books-for-obamacare

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 03:20:27 PM »
Sidewinder I don't know anything about obummercare.  What I do know is a few days ago a friend of mine had a grinder blade (made in China) come apart and hit him in the eye.  He needed surgery and had lost his insurance earlier.  obummercare would not allow the surgery and he lost his eye. I don't know any of the details except that  so it can't be all that great.

Something just doesn't sound right about that story. it kind of sounds like one of the many stories floating around the internet to scare people away from Obama Care just like the ones Sara Palin was spreading saying they were going to let people die.

Offline georoc01

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 04:34:58 PM »
Sidewinder I don't know anything about obummercare.  What I do know is a few days ago a friend of mine had a grinder blade (made in China) come apart and hit him in the eye.  He needed surgery and had lost his insurance earlier.  obummercare would not allow the surgery and he lost his eye. I don't know any of the details except that  so it can't be all that great.

Something just doesn't sound right about that story. it kind of sounds like one of the many stories floating around the internet to scare people away from Obama Care just like the ones Sara Palin was spreading saying they were going to let people die.

Well its true. one of my friend's children quit her job because she got better coverage under state Medicaid than under Obamacare for her child. There are caps on Obamacare coverage that don't exist under Medicaid even despite the whole promise that pre-existing conditions didn't matter.

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 05:40:55 PM »
Perhaps, that's why they offer different levels of service depending on what you buy under Obama care. I have to do some research but come next year, I might drop my union plan for Obama care since the co pays are actually lower. Being that I would still be getting Kaiser, it would not be like going out and getting another DR.

Offline georoc01

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 06:57:59 PM »
What keeps the costs down is the lifetime caps on healthcare spending. When you have someone with special needs as a baby, going through a $250K cap doesn't take that long.

Offline bones

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 10:01:02 AM »
Gives us your opinion on this sidey.

Seems by the news reports the state of IL has paid more than $12million out in medical (medicare/medicaid ran past on scroll fast) to people listed as dead on other state records.

Now isn't that proof of the large fruad and waste and indicates budgets need cutting and such wouldn't hurt those who really need it?

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 01:29:38 PM »
Gives us your opinion on this sidey.

Seems by the news reports the state of IL has paid more than $12million out in medical (medicare/medicaid ran past on scroll fast) to people listed as dead on other state records.

Now isn't that proof of the large fruad and waste and indicates budgets need cutting and such wouldn't hurt those who really need it?

Bones, you consider anything that is not going the way you think it should in that little pea brain of yours, fraud!

Offline bones

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 09:13:37 AM »
I asked you sidey to give an answer on how you'd call that $12million spent on people who were dead? So where's your response sidey? What then do you call it sidey?