Author Topic: Wells  (Read 1137 times)

Offline randomutahdude

• Lookie-Loo
Wells
« on: February 28, 2024, 10:50:05 AM »
I'm new to the board and love having this as a resource, thank you all for keeping this board alive.  I was thinking of planning a trip in the next couple of weeks to Northern NV and was wondering why I'm not finding much information on this board regarding the offerings in Wells?  Should I avoid and just party in Elko, or are they worth a stop at as well?

Offline Claymore

• High Roller
Re: Wells
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 11:51:09 AM »
I partied at Bella's in Wells several times last year and also at Donna's.

Both houses are "negotiation houses"...Sue's in Elko is fixed rate and of course Mona's and Inez's offer the monger rate...Most the rural houses Wells, Ely, BM in line for similar prices...as Elko..

Bella's usually has a good selection at line-up..Donna's one or two ladies..

DM if you have a particular question..

A man is only as old, as the women he feels. Groucho Marx...

Offline SMRKIA

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 12:26:38 PM »
This is also something that baffles me. When I first joined the boards that was the very first thing I posted. There are not very many places that have multiple houses under different ownership so close to each other, so you’d think a lot of people would be talking about it, as for the other places like that:
Elko-everyone talks about, no question there
Ely-kind of out of the way/isolated
Pahrump-expensive southern houses
So what’s up with Wells?

I think being so close to Elko might be an issue, Elko is just the best, both inside and outside of the houses, lots to do right there, so if you are coming from Utah I think everyone just assumes invest the extra 45 minutes to get to Elko. And I’ve heard that the houses in Wells aren’t necessarily the best, but that might be just in comparison to Elko. My first trip I planned to go to West Wendover and make the drive to Wells 1 or 2 days, but after seeing the feedback of others, I chose to book a flight to Elko and just visit there.

Offline randomutahdude

• Lookie-Loo
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2024, 04:10:35 PM »
I partied at Bella's in Wells several times last year and also at Donna's.

Both houses are "negotiation houses"...Sue's in Elko is fixed rate and of course Mona's and Inez's offer the monger rate...Most the rural houses Wells, Ely, BM in line for similar prices...as Elko..

Bella's usually has a good selection at line-up..Donna's one or two ladies..

DM if you have a particular question..

Thanks for your input.  I guess since I'd have to drive through Wells anyways, I may as well stop in and see what it's like.  I was just getting worried when there wasn't much information here. 

Offline dustin

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2024, 08:09:27 PM »
you can search the forum a bit, about a year ago there was a post and year before that I think I started a post too. like SMRKIA said houses are not as nice, others said management/employees are ehh. prices are little higher. but others said they visited with no issue. so stop by, let us know!

Claymore will help you out with questions just DM him. think someone else chimed in that has been to houses several times also, just dont remember the name.

Offline Q

• Administrator
  • Hoser Family Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2024, 08:16:57 PM »
+1
If you visit, suggest that the management and ladies join the forum and post their lineups. May help their business too. Nothing stopping them but initiative.
Q
Q

Offline Mr. Lloyd

• Regular
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2024, 06:53:03 AM »
+1
I've also never visited the Wells houses. On my first trip out I flew directly to Elko and rented a car. I had a vague idea of making the drives out to Wells and Carlin to check out all the houses nearby, but found that I didn't really have the time, as it was only a two night trip but I wasn't able to get my car until midday on my only full day. On many of my subsequent trips I have not rented a car at all, flying directly to Elko and walking to simplify a little. So the houses outside of Elko proper haven't really been accessible to me on those trips.

I think the biggest factor is the lack of active presence on the forum here, as Q suggests. Mona's and Inez's get more attention here than any other house, and I think that's largely due to the fact that Louis, Peter, and Anna are active members of this community. Louis goes out of his way to reach out to new folks planning trips. I know he's personally helped me with working out my plans a few times in a way no other house management has, and I wouldn't have felt comfortable reaching out if he wasn't a strong presence here. That's not to say that other houses aren't doing some form of successful marketing elsewhere, but in terms of getting talked about specifically on this site, Mona's and Inez's have put in more work than anybody else.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 06:54:43 AM by Mr. Lloyd »

Offline Armond

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2024, 11:04:02 AM »
The house owners in the Elko area are very awesome and rock the house.  They cater to the customers and ladies, and keep posts and websites current, unlike other houses (see my recent post Off Topic).  Armond

Offline RickScrabbler

• Hoser Family Member
  • Have 2 Scrabble boards in car, will travel :-)
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2024, 12:37:15 PM »
+1
I'm also still a Wells virgin. Hopefully I will have at least one more LPIN-pertinent Elko trip in me so I can swing by Wells just for the curiosity factor. No promises yet...
7-letter words with all 5 vowels: SEQUOIA, EULOGIA, MIAOUED
7-letter words without vowel: RHYTHMS, GLYCYLS, TSKTSKS

Offline Gus

• Regular
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2024, 03:02:43 PM »
In late December I had a very good party with Aria Vinci (aka Max) at Bella's. Bella's line up is usually 4-5 fairly appealing ladies. If you are driving from Utah, Bella's is definitely worth a look. It is about a mile off I 80.

I had one party at Donna's over ten years ago. The main problem with Donna's is that they only hold line ups starting in the late afternoon. (This was still the case last year; maybe that has changed since.) Before then, the barkeeper will just show you a picture book. If you make a choice   the barkeeper will then go roust out your choice, who may look nothing like the picture. That has happened to me a couple of times, and I was not too self-conscious to just walk out.
The three most important words in life are Yes! Thank you! and Wow!

Offline Q

• Administrator
  • Hoser Family Member
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2024, 10:33:26 PM »
Bellas manager just registered on the forum! Hopefully after they activate their account via email,  we'll see some Lineup postings soon.
Q

Offline Claymore

• High Roller
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2024, 03:53:45 AM »
Some further information for anyone who hasn't visited the Wells houses..

They are basically in the same parking lot.....which is huge..intended for big rigs...when I'm pulling my RV makes for easy in and out from Hwy 93.

Bella's has a nice shower room before or after the party..always clean...even had a lady share a shower in there prior to our party..added bonus..

Donna's also has a shower room. they used to have a hot tub...not sure the status of that...

Wells is a truck hub...with several truck stop business's..for fuel,food and even slots..Several motel choices when I'm not pulling my rig..

On my Spring road trip I'll hit both Wells and Elko....depends on where the fish are biting...the length of my stay..

Seems Bella's are trying harder on promotion...keeping their website current and using "X"...I usually email ahead for latest line-up.

Agree.. they should chime in here on this forum..
A man is only as old, as the women he feels. Groucho Marx...

Offline SMRKIA

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2024, 12:24:07 PM »
Speaking of food in Wells, I was looking at a map of that area, it looks like Bella’s Restaurant has closed and is now an Indian restaurant.

The Bella in Bella’s restaurant was, for lack of a better term “Bella Jr.”, the Bella of Bella’s Hacienda has a daughter named Bella, that was her business. I think they may have offered delivery to the ranch.

Offline Dandaman

• High Roller
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2024, 04:43:04 AM »
Echoing what Gus said, my only experience was a lack of personnel onsite until later in the day.

Offline Dandaman

• High Roller
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2024, 04:51:00 AM »
Lack of personnel at Donnas early in the day.   :)