Author Topic: Road Construction around Reno  (Read 2455 times)

Offline Just Tom

• Hoser Family Member
  • I'm not taking this seriously...why are you?
Road Construction around Reno
« on: May 17, 2015, 04:51:56 PM »
Just FYI for all those coming to town in July....this is on going road work in town, and if it goes at the usual rate of completion, these works will still be in place in July

the southeast quarter of the McCarron Loop is all narrowed down to single lane traffic in both directions from about Longley Road to Greg Street, just south of I 80....

and 395/580 southbound through and past the 'spaghetti bowl' has restricted and separated lanes all the way down southbound to about Moana Lane; North bound did not look to be as restricted, but due to construction there is only three lanes available form about Moana up to and past the I80 interchange
if you can't laugh at yourself, you don't deserve to laugh at anyone else

Offline Jagged

• Hoser Family Member
Re: Road Construction around Reno
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 08:13:25 PM »
Oh  Yeah.   I tend  forget  about  U  guys.   We locals usually take it asnormal activity.
    Iusually  passed that section in the morning time  &  in the evening  I usually take back roads to avoid thoses  area due to rush 1/2 hour traffic.

This has started about a month ago on the McCarren Loop
   and 580 just started this week.       

But once summer start   NVDoT will working on I-80 again. 
              and  also  working  on 395//580 north og  the Spaghetti Bowl towards Stead.

You  might  want to   let   Speed Racer know  so that He can  put it in his  LPIN Driviing Direction Alert section.

Here is the link   --->  http://www.sex-in-nevada.com/directions/

Offline Just Tom

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 06:34:24 PM »
little more road construction to mention about getting to Reno... You are planning to come to LPIN Gathering aren't you?

if you fly into or somehow end up in the SF bay area and take I80 to Reno, be aware they have lane restrictions (down to one lane for through traffic) and construction to deal with in the Sacramento area, from about West Sacramento to almost Roseville.  I would advise trying to avoid rush hour traffic, which is usually form 6 AM to 9:30 AM and 3:30 PM to 6:30 PM.

i will try to remember to post any road work on I80 from the East to Reno late next week

Offline bones

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 09:23:53 AM »
+1
Nope wayne that term is used in many locations where multiple intersecting groups of roadways join often I call it a cluster muck of a knot to confuse drivers.

Don't care about the construction there but more the wide-open areas like around Elko/Ely as greater chance I'll be in those areas.

But thanks for the update anyway tom.

Offline Just Tom

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 05:59:48 PM »
   As of last weekend (June 27)...  I 80 from the east, as far East as Wells into Reno is wide open with no construction; the zone of road/bridge work at the Humboldt between Palisades and Battle Mountain is completed; and the work zone through and west of Winnemucca is all done too, all they have left is to pick up the signs and bright orange ash cans.  There is even new pavement between Pumpernickel Valley and Golconda, over the Golconda summit; all they have left to do was pick up the signs and ash cans and move the paving equipment...

the road work mentioned earlier on the 395/580 stretch in Reno itself is still all messed up, but roadwork seems to be the national past time anymore

P.S. the sagebrush was all in bloom across Nevada, so be sure to bring your allergy medicines
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 06:02:07 PM by Just Tom »

Michael J.

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 08:02:34 PM »
Count your blessings.  One time the city chose to tear up Virginia St. during (air) Race Week.  NOBODY was happy about that.

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 05:24:23 AM »
At the end of the day, it's still nothing to get across Reno. Come on now, it's not LA or Phoenix or even Salt Lake City. Compared to those, even with road construction, it's a breeze..

[/Reno's not bad. Actually I think one of the worst cities to drive In is Vegas. Just too many cars and poor road planning. Even when you get away from the strip, it's still bad. I'll never forget being tied up in traffic and seeing the stop light changing over and over without any cars moving. I thought there must be an accident but on certain streets in Vegas, they never made bus turnouts so the buses stop right in the middle of the road to pick up and let off passengers clogging everything up.size]

Offline bones

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 09:16:41 AM »
Hell slednx driving in UT including SLC isn't difficult as all addresses are given in N/S, E/W grid fashion not by funky names on streets such that it takes a current map with index to find a place. Though some streets have names still can find the compress like 600 N 300 W; now Ogden is a tad different simple thing know your presidents and order in office for a few streets.

If it rains or storms in LV get the hell off the streets fast as they aren't used to this and so don't know really understand how to drive in such conditions; many accidents clog traffic as a result.

Offline bones

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 10:15:48 AM »
Good slednx, but most all cities/towns in UT have the grid system often called main/center streets upon which the others are based. Damn those old wagon wheel surveys didn't fit at times, as here get toward the south part of town and the east and west sides aren't straight across from each other.

You want traffic problems SLC isn't too bad its happy valley (UT county, Provo/Orem area) which will scare you, most are pointing the car not driving and doing all manner of other things while driving (eating breakfast from a bowel, reading newspapers/books/etc. shaving, make-up) and this going down the freeway at full speed.

Offline DenvER_rIChard

• High Roller
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2015, 12:47:32 PM »
I was always impressed with Utah's upkeep of their streets and roads