Discussions > LPIN Specific Discussion

Sue Lowden and bartering

(1/2) > >>

sportsman:
Sue Lowden, a candidate for U.S. Senator in Nevada, believes bartering would be one way to get cheap health care service...trade chickens to a doctor for services rendered...
Could bartering work in the brothels? Like back in the old Chicken Ranch days...exchange chickens for a party...How would such a deal work in the 2010s?
 ::) ??? 8)

Carolina:
When my electric company takes that chicken for payment we will talk!

Kevin:
Jonathan Chait in the New Republic has also commented on Lowden's proposal:

"Nevada Republican Senate candidate Sue Lowden says that, instead of giving health insurance to people who lack it, those people should barter for medical care...

"Matthew Yglesias objects:

"'Checkups for chickens might work if we were all farmers, but what’s a blogger supposed to do? Maybe I could offer the guy free publicity with a few posts touting his services. A Web designer could build a website for the doctor. But what does the designer do if he needs to see the doctor again?'

"Look, there are all kinds of personal services one can perform and be well-compensated. I don't want to get into too much detail, but we're talking about Nevada. Seriously, Yglesias, do I have to think of everything around here?"
http://www.tnr.com/blog/jonathan-chait/moonlighting-options-sick-bloggers

SIDEWINDER:

--- Quote from: sportsman on April 22, 2010, 04:45:06 PM ---Sue Lowden, a candidate for U.S. Senator in Nevada, believes bartering would be one way to get cheap health care service...trade chickens to a doctor for services rendered...
Could bartering work in the brothels? Like back in the old Chicken Ranch days...exchange chickens for a party...How would such a deal work in the 2010s?

--- End quote ---

How would it work?  I think you would need a foster farms semi truck with double trailers in order to get a party.  ::)

Napolean:

--- Quote from: sportsman on April 22, 2010, 04:45:06 PM ---Sue Lowden, a candidate for U.S. Senator in Nevada, believes bartering would be one way to get cheap health care service...trade chickens to a doctor for services rendered...

--- End quote ---

And besides that, think of how wallets would have to look!!!!

N

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version