Author Topic: Has there been a full moon out lately?  (Read 1483 times)

East Coast Guy

Has there been a full moon out lately?
« on: January 29, 2010, 09:52:43 PM »
The board has been a funky place these past few days.   Like the bumper sticker says:  #$it happens.   Well, there's something I'd like to say about it all.    As most of you know, there's a group of us that meets 2X a year from all over the country for trips to the houses, swapping stories, laughing, breakfast, a banquet, and general male bonding.   For those who haven't been there, you should know we all get along.   There's something about a message board that is different from having a conversation with someone face to face.   Why?  I'm not qualified to be 100% sure.  But, I do know what I personally see and hear takes president over what I sometimes read and I wanted to share that insight with anyone who might be interested.

BTW, the Winterfest & LPIN Gathering get-togethers are by no means exclusive.   Everyone is not only welcome to join us but, they're encouraged to do so.   

Well, that's my 2c worth.   You can't get a lot for 2c now-a-days but that was a bargain.   

Peace my friends!     

East Coast Guy       

Robbin Young

Re: Has there been a full moon out lately?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 10:10:55 PM »
Yes, it's a VERY unique full moon:
http://www.aolnews.com/science/article/moon-shines-at-its-biggest-brightest-of-2010/19337938?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolnews.com%2Fscience%2Farticle%2Fmoon-shines-at-its-biggest-brightest-of-2010%2F19337938

BTW, you asked for it. ;) :o ;D   Please don't mention a "full moon" around me again. ::)

;) Please Note: THIS FULL MOON IS FOR VIEWING ONLY, NO TOUCHING ALLOWED! ;)

Lulz

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 10:13:42 PM »
Now THAT'S a full moon.  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

sportsman

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 10:17:22 PM »
And I don't think anyone can "eclipse" that!
Talk about the hounds howling at the moon!
Yowza!
 8) :o 8)

Mikey

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 07:49:44 AM »
Yes! There was a full moon this morning as I was driving into work.

Though I like Robbin's moon a whole lot better!

As to board personas: You can say a lot of things on a message-board because you don't feel you're being held accountable for your remarks, and the rhetoric gets hotter than in would in a face-to-face conversation. It's a place where some folks take the opportunity to vent.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 07:52:17 AM by Mikey »

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 09:27:21 AM »
Yes! There was a full moon this morning as I was driving into work.

Though I like Robbin's moon a whole lot better!

As to board personas: You can say a lot of things on a message-board because you don't feel you're being held accountable for your remarks, and the rhetoric gets hotter than in would in a face-to-face conversation. It's a place where some folks take the opportunity to vent.

My opinions remain the same whether in person or on the message board.