Author Topic: Triple Charles Grill--a hidden secret in Las Vegas  (Read 2480 times)

fisherman100

Triple Charles Grill--a hidden secret in Las Vegas
« on: August 26, 2009, 09:46:21 PM »
A hidden secret in plain site in downtown Las Vegas.The Triple Charles Grill is located at 201 N. Third Street. A touch of old Las Vegas with photos of celebrities on the walls and near City Hall, the lawyers and politicians of Las Vegas hang out here. The reason is the great gourmet food at reasonable prices and the best martinis in Vegas-ask for the martini menu. The mayor is a regular and FBI agents and employees of the Federal Courthouse make this a popular place where you need reservations for lunch. The food is wonderful and I always eat there at least once when I go to Las Vegas.

Next door to the Triple Charles is the Hog and Heafer biker bar and happy hour is busy there. How's that for interesting neighbors? Oh yeah, no colors allowed!

fisherman100

CitySlicker

Re: Triple Charles Grill--a hidden secret in Las Vegas
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 04:40:24 AM »
Oh yeah, no colors allowed!

fisherman100

I dunno, that seems kinda racist to me.

Speed Racer

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 10:04:32 AM »
Oh yeah, no colors allowed!

fisherman100

I dunno, that seems kinda racist to me.
Against whom? Gang bangers can be of any race.

Regards,
Speed Racer

Offline Interested bystander

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 03:06:53 PM »
I think he was making a joke and forgot the smiley.  At least that's the way I took it.

fisherman100

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 11:48:33 PM »
OK--Here's the explanation for the sign "no colors allowed". It means that bikers cannot wear their club jackets and vests inside the establishment. The Mongols and the Hell's Angels had a scurmish inside Harrah's Laughlin a few years ago that turned violent and many places won't allow club gear (colors) to be worn inside their businesses. Colors is a biker term it is my understanding.

Some places also won't allow DOO's, the head scarf that designate which "gang" you belong to. Red for the bloods, blue for the crips, etc.,etc.

Everybody get it now?? I am a 20 yr. card carrying member of the ACLU and do consider myself to be a very liberal type of guy. ;D

fisherman100

Massageman

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 04:36:05 AM »
Fish,

I think we got it.

The Hog and Heifer is a fun spot and I've eaten there several times.  As a director of a HOG Chapter (Harley Owners Group) I can and have worn my Chapter vest in there on occasion with no problems.  The 'colors' thing refers to the 'third rocker' clubs that identify themselves as 1%ers, but we are getting way off track.  You initial assessment of the place is very accurate.

It's strange that I haven't thought to stop at theTriple Charles on any of those trips.  Next time I'm there (a few months away) I'll make a point of going by and checking it out!