Author Topic: May Mongers 2010: updated schedule / discussion  (Read 8661 times)

MusicMan

May Mongers 2010: updated schedule / discussion
« on: May 02, 2010, 10:04:33 PM »
I want to get everybody on the same schedule page for the upcoming May Mongers 2010 trip.

As of now, we have the schedule as follows:

On Tuesday, May 18:  Cookie Monster and myself will be in Reno, and ready to hit the houses.  If anybody else wants to meet up, post a reply or PM one of us.  We have nothing planned as far as meeting up with a group of people, as of yet.

On Wednesday, May 19:  Same as Tuesday

On Thursday, May 20:  Cookie Monster, Goldie, and myself plan on meeting up at 3pm at the Peppermill, at the Fireside Lounge (I think that's what it is called).  Will be heading off the houses from there.

On Friday, May 21: There's plans of meeting up at 5pm at the Fireside Lounge at the Peppermill.  We can decide when we get there, but it sounds like there will be a solid group of people meeting up then, and then heading off to the houses from there.

On Saturday, May 22: breakfast at Scruples, at 10am.

If I've missed anything, let me know.  And feel free to post if you will be there, and if so, what days and what time you plan on meeting up.

Also, there's been various talk about the "May Mongers 2010" get together, and what kind of event it will be, and if its annual, etc.  My way of thinking about this trip is this: I think if this event is to become annual, it should stand on its own as an event.  I think that this event should be one where people meet up, talk, enjoy the meet and drink, tell stories, and then head to the houses.  It sounds like a great opportunity for people to go to a brothel that they never have before, for whatever reason, and feel more comfortable going to a house with a group, rather than on your own.  I think the bar-b-ques, and the awards, and the really huge get togethers should stay reserved for the traditional ones already in place, like LPIN Gathering.  And that this event should be more of a loose knit get together, where people meet up, and then can go in different groups to whatever place they want to go.

Just my opinion and looking forward to hearing others'.  And to those that will be there, I will see you out there!

MusicMan

"there is a house in New Oreleans / they call the Rising Sun..."

shooter

Re: May Mongers 2010: updated schedule / discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 08:16:25 AM »
Friday May 21, arrive at the Peppermill, fireside lounge at 5pm, planning on going to Moundhouse after.

Saturday May 22, breakfast at Scruples,10 am, open that evening

Sunday May 23, What ever

Monday May 24, What ever

There is a very slight chance that I will be in Carson City on Thursday night, May 20

Brothel Hound

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 11:09:39 AM »
Friday evening and Saturday morning Breakfast, I am in.

2 Pm get off work, about 1.5 hour drive to Reno.  5 Pm is just right, enough time to check in hotel and groom up for the evening.

Will be checking up the exit 28 houses.  Plan to spend the entire evening there, partying at least once at both the houses. Anybody going that way is welcome to join me.

No partying on Saturday, just the Scruples breakfast and some gambling, before heading back home.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 11:33:08 AM by Brothel Hound »

Offline Interested bystander

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 05:05:38 PM »
Hmmm, looks like I will have a decision to make.   I think I will wait to see who is going where before I decide to go east or south.  Sheri and I are coming in separate cars that Friday night.  I probably won't party but would like to do some scouting for LPIN Gathering and will probably only go out one night.

goldie

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 07:00:16 PM »
Arriving in Reno approx noon Thurs the 20th --

Thurs May 20th will meet MM and CM at the Peppermill/Fireside and head out from there; am wide open to suggestion, but at some time that evening will head east because...

Fri May 21st will meet everyone at Peppermill/Fireside and expect to head South from there to follow my monger mentor Shooter  :)

Sat May 22nd breakfast and then probably head home  :(

Goldie

Offline Hiking Guy

• Hoser Family Member
  • Hey, I'm finally a Hoser Family Member!
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 05:51:52 PM »
May Monger's Attendees,

Friday:  I'll be arriving in south Carson City on May 21st and checking into Motel6 by 4pm. I'll then be arriving at the Fireside lounge by 5pm to meet up with the group. I plan to have an appetizer while there and skip dinner and go brothel hopping instead since I hope to party later that evening somewhere in Mound House.

Saturday:  I have a morning party scheduled and plan to be at the Scruples breakfast that morning after my party. I have nothing planned for Saturday afternoon or evening. If I feel "recovered" enough that night, I'll have another party somewhere.

Sunday:  I'll probably have another early-morning party somewhere.  I have nothing planned for Sunday afternoon or evening.  If I feel "recovered" enough that night, I'll have another party somewhere.

Monday:  I plan to have a 1.5 hr morning party somewhere before heading to the airport to fly home to end my May Monger's trip.

The Hiking Guy
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 05:59:14 PM by Hiking Guy »

Offline Hiking Guy

• Hoser Family Member
  • Hey, I'm finally a Hoser Family Member!
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 09:05:05 PM »
I thought I'd bump this to the top page for those who want to add any additional information. Maybe others will see this and consider attending the May Monger's get-together and post their plans to this thread.

May Monger's weekend can't get here soon enough--I'm so ready for a vacation!

The Hiking Guy

shooter

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 09:08:34 PM »
I am so excited for the weekend that I am driving up a day early and staying at the GDW in Carson on Thursday the 20th. I will be in Moundhouse that night.

Carolina

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 10:27:26 AM »
I'm planning on being around that weekend, so hope to see some familiar faces!  Sounds like everyone is ready for a fun time!!

MusicMan

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 01:28:15 PM »
I thought I'd bump this to the top page for those who want to add any additional information. Maybe others will see this and consider attending the May Monger's get-together and post their plans to this thread.

May Monger's weekend can't get here soon enough--I'm so ready for a vacation!

The Hiking Guy

Hiking Guy, I hear you on the need for a vacation! 

And Nothern Nevada is quite the place for a needed vacation, eh?!

MusicMan

MusicMan

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 01:32:25 PM »
I am so excited for the weekend that I am driving up a day early and staying at the GDW in Carson on Thursday the 20th. I will be in Moundhouse that night.

All right Shooter, good to hear you are coming out a day early!  We will be meeting up on that Thursday at the Fireside Lounge, at 3pm.  If you can't make that, we will see you out there somewhere!

MusicMan

shooter

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 02:46:34 PM »
I will try and meet up with you and Goldie in Moundhouse. I doubt that I will make it to Carson City before 3 pm, so no way I will make it to the Fireside by then.

goldie

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 02:57:27 PM »
I am planning on Fireside at 3:00 p.m. Thursday, and then will see Shooter and whomever else is going to Moundhouse that evening...have been in touch with Destini...expecting a wild evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 03:01:32 PM »
I'll be in Vegas next week.  With room rates at $23 bucks per nite at the 4 queens, Vegas is still the most bang for my bucks. Already cashed in all my aluminum cans and took all my change down to coinstar.  Who knows, maybe I'll even wander out to the Ethyl M chocolate factory and have a few samples. :D

shooter

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 03:04:58 PM »
I'll be in Vegas next week.  With room rates at $23 bucks per nite at the 4 queens, Vegas is still the most bang for my bucks. Already cashed in all my aluminum cans and took all my change down to coinstar.  Who knows, maybe I'll even wander out to the Ethyl M chocolate factory and have a few samples. :D
Well my rooms in Reno are FREE, and Carson City is discounted.

Coinstar!!? don't they keep like 8.5%!!!!! as a service charge, that is highway robbery.