Author Topic: Eats for May Mongers/LPIN Gathering  (Read 905 times)

Offline Interested bystander

• Hoser Family Member
Eats for May Mongers/LPIN Gathering
« on: May 16, 2010, 05:58:00 PM »
I thought I would start a thread about restaurants that are either new to the area or have moved/expanded since LPIN Gathering last year.  I'm going to include places that plan to open before LPIN Gathering in July.  Some of the people who are in the area next week for May Mongers may find something I'm unaware of and are welcome to post it here also to help folks coming in July.

Chains

Grimaldi's Pizza - a New York style thin crust pizza parlor just opened a few months ago in the Legends at Sparks Marina.  They are located at the Southwest corner of the center near Scheels.  They have become my favorite pizza in Reno, the crust is amazing.  It's a little pricey but IMHO well worth it.

Cheeseburger Island Style - This chain originated in Hawaii and has locations in Florida and the islands was well as Reno.  They opened last fall and I love it.  They have a huge variety of not only burgers but wraps, sandwiches, and salads.  They have a pastrami wrap that is to die for.  They are located in the same building as the old TGI Fridays at the corner of Virginia and Neil Road but it has been totally remodeled to the point you wouldn't recognize it as a Fridays.

Popeye's Chicken is scheduled to open in the Legends at Sparks Marina in June.

BJ's Restaurant (not to be confused with BJ's BBQ) will open a second location at the Legends at Sparks Marina right on Sparks Boulevard sometime this year, I'm not sure of the timing there yet.  The currently open location is in the Summit Sierra Center in south Reno.

Fuddrucker's opened this winter in the Legends at Sparks Marina.  They serve hamburgers and while I'm not a fan many others do like this restaurant.

Capriotti's Sandwich Shop - I think I've mentioned Capriotti's before.  They opened their first store at the corner of Greg Street and McCarran and make a great sandwich for an incredibly low price.  They recently opened a second location near McCarran and Kietzke very near Mimi's Cafe.

Local Restaurants.

Murrietta's Mexican Restaurant - They have been located at the intersection of Peckham and Neil Road for many years but have just opened two new locations, one in Sparks, and the one we go to on South Virginia in the Pink Scolari's Center in the building that used to be Heidi's.   They have very good mexican food.

Great Basin Brewing Company has been a fixture in Sparks for a long time and now they are opening a new location near McCarran and Virginia in the building that used to house On The Border Mexican Restaurant.  They are doing the remodeling now and expect to open in June.