Author Topic: Cabbies, kickbacks, and brothels  (Read 2600 times)

Offline Kevin

• Hoser Family Member
Cabbies, kickbacks, and brothels
« on: November 24, 2014, 09:13:54 PM »
Courthouse News Service has an article about  "Kickbacks: the Las Vegas Way of Life"   http://www.entlawdigest.com/2014/11/12/3494.htm

The part immediately relevant here:

"The real jackpot is the rare run to a legal brothel in Pahrump, about 60 miles from Las Vegas, in Nye County. Prostitution is not legal in Clark County, where Las Vegas is, but it is in Nye County.

"'A brothel might pay the cabbie 40 or 50 percent of whatever it gets from the guy you drop off, and usually will give you a free meal while you wait,' said Darrin Bagnuolo, a former Nellis Cab driver. When added to the commission paid for taking a passenger some 120 miles round trip, a run to a Pahrump brothel 'can make your month,' Bagnuolo said.

Funmonger

Re: Cabbies, kickbacks, and brothels
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 11:47:42 PM »
So when the word gets out, wouldn't this ruin a lot of guys from wanting to take that sucker bet?  I would think that the Brothels ought to figure a better way to attract business without double screwing every guy that comes up in a cab.

bungalow bill

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 04:52:20 AM »
Notice it sez the RARE RUN to Pahrump.  That's because there's so much pussy avail on the Strip, even the dolts, dweebs, and maroons finally figure out that all they have to do is pick up the phone and order an indie..  And if he's real lucky, she will almost look like the hottie on the handout!   ;D 

Offline cronuswalker

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 07:29:22 PM »
No wonder the girls hate Taxi Runs...... If the house gets 50%, if the taxi is getting 40-50%, how much is the girl getting?

Tapper

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 08:02:44 PM »
No wonder the girls hate Taxi Runs...... If the house gets 50%, if the taxi is getting 40-50%, how much is the girl getting?

To make the normal cut, the quote and agreed price goes up.  Way up.  Way way way up.  This is America after all.  ;)

Offline Rand McNally

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 08:12:28 PM »
When I began learning about Nevada prostitution, I'd never heard of Kelly fares--but I could read roadmap mileage and calculate gasoline comsumption. This led me to assume that given fuel costs, vehicle operating costs, and the drivers time, a 'free' 150 mile round trip from Las Vegas to Pahrump was quatsch. I didn't know how it was paid for, but I doubted if it was coming from management's pocket. This is why I have limited sympathy for those who seem oblivious to what I see is commn sense.

bungalow bill

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 05:12:12 AM »
In the scheme of things, a cab ride from downtown reno to exit 28 ain't bad.  A cab ride from downtown reno to moundhouse is worser.  A cab ride from LV to Pahrump.....you crazy.   :o

Offline georoc01

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 06:47:48 AM »
In the scheme of things, a cab ride from downtown reno to exit 28 ain't bad.  A cab ride from downtown reno to moundhouse is worser.  A cab ride from LV to Pahrump.....you crazy.   :o

The cabs I've seen in Moundhouse are also from South Lake Tahoe.

Offline Jagged

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 09:16:42 AM »
The  good  o'l   Kellys
   theres  some  good  reading  &  info from a few years back
    if  U  want to do a search on this board.

Offline bones

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 09:23:09 AM »
Now cosmo even the Reno cabs get a big kickback so its a loser of an idea to use them. Its pure ripoff, and the houses and ladies could easily put an end to it. Why should a cabbie be given a cut of what a person spends at a house for simply doing his job of driving the person there? I once had a simple win-win-win-win idea that benefitted the client-lady-house-cab it was reasonable and a couple who saw it agreed.

Offline Jagged

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 09:52:07 AM »
Now cosmo even the Reno cabs get a big kickback so its a loser of an idea to use them. Its pure ripoff, and the houses and ladies could easily put an end to it. Why should a cabbie be given a cut of what a person spends at a house for simply doing his job of driving the person there? I once had a simple win-win-win-win idea that benefitted the client-lady-house-cab it was reasonable and a couple who saw it agreed. 

Damn  !   I agree w/  Bones again.   The Universe  must  B  aligning together.

Bones.  I believe  that  you had  some  ideas written  on  the NVBrothel board. 

Mikey

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 06:38:52 PM »

Bones the problem is, if one house gives kickbacks they all do, because they're afraid if they don't the cabbies will take the client to one who does. The situation will persist because you'll never get all the brothels to agree to quit it and stick to it.

offleash

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2014, 08:10:06 PM »

Bones the problem is, if one house gives kickbacks they all do, because they're afraid if they don't the cabbies will take the client to one who does. The situation will persist because you'll never get all the brothels to agree to quit it and stick to it.

Well, unless maybe the brothels are all owned by the same person, then what's the diff. Oh! Maybe there's the silver lining to THAT fucking cloud, huh.

Offline georoc01

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2014, 06:32:25 AM »
Mikey has it exactly. I remember when one of the popular strip clubs in Vegas stopped paying the kickback and cabbies refused to take customers there, either by talking them into going somewhere else or just taking them to another club without telling them.

Remember that Joe Conforte was a cab driver before opening the Mustang so of course he saw the value of having the cabbies on board. And if they can talk customers into going to the brothel rather than a strip club, its better for both the house and the lady, even with the kickback.

We can complain about it all we want, but the best is to just keep avoiding them by using alternative means of getting to the houses and bringing it up to newbies who are probably not aware.

Offline bones

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2014, 08:18:57 AM »
No mikey my simple idea would have worked for them as not house nor location specific.

Geo I was in vegas around the time you reference and by their local papers and even mentioned in a SLC one, the clubs had all agreed not to pay the kickback, but one broke this as being new wanted to gain business. That's how I recall the story. This either way created a mess and hard feelings for many.