Author Topic: Tipping  (Read 3381 times)

FredT

Re: Tipping
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2014, 10:39:47 AM »
  Do you tip at Disneyland       

At their restaurants, yes.  To their tour guides, yes.  To their auto care guys (when locked out of your car, flat tire, etc ) yes.  To their caddy's at the golf courses, yes.    And on and on. 

(In other words, bad analogy )

Offline Rand McNally

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2014, 10:57:49 AM »
Last month I had my garage rewired. It cost $500 but since all the lights and outlets worked, I tipped the electrician $50. Now I'm worried that wasn't enough, and that he's calling me cheap behind my back, so for Christmas I'm sending him red roses and a $50 gift card.

Offline Sonja

• Hoser Family Member
  • Point your erection in my direction.
    • Love Ranch Vegas
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2014, 01:40:13 PM »
+1
I have a problem tipping someone who sets their own price and makes 10X more an hour than I do

I'm sure if you ever decided to become a prostitute you could make way more an hour than you do now.   Of course the money flows from male clients.  Perhaps then, you would have a better understanding and appreciation for the people who tip their sex provider.

Offline Rand McNally

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2014, 08:22:02 PM »
Tipping has gotten way out of control in this country, it's time it went back to those who deserve it and need it to live.

What he said. The current culture of looking for handouts rather than going out and looking for work wants people to feel guilty if they don't tip every slack jawed idiot sitting behind a service window with a paper cup labeled TIPS.

Bobbi

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2014, 11:03:17 PM »
+11
Tipping,should be done as  recognition to those who provide service beyond what is expected ..
Not for just for doing your job for which you're already being paid to do.

Max Wood

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2014, 12:37:03 AM »
There appears to be a bit of confusion or blurring of lines between what one would give someone like a restaurant server (a gratuity), as compared to what you might give a contractor that has exceeded the goals and expectations of a project (a bonus). The restaurant servers salary is almost always based on the assumption of tips as part of their compensation package (and taxed accordingly), but the contractors salary in general does not factor in the possibilty of a bonus.  A subtle difference perhaps, but significant.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 12:44:00 AM by Max Wood »

Funmonger

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2014, 02:07:34 AM »
I agree with Bobbi. There is such a thing as a tipping a good attitude. I automatically tip restaurant servers 15 % but if I am happy which is most of the time, I go to 20 % and if ecstatic (not often) 25 %. Sort of the same here except that the tipping starts at none for the regular job (as in 15 % for the waitress being the "standard" pay with no tip even though it is called a tip. I look at it as part of my bill.) maybe 15 or 20 % for above average effort.  If she pushed me up a hundred in the first place, probably no tip unless I got to know her and started thinking I wanted to build an ongoing appreciation.
I tip contractors sometimes, my barber nearly every time. But is never any good unless it comes from the heart.  A smart LPIN will draw that out of a lot of guys without trying too hard.

FredT

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2014, 08:16:54 AM »
   Tipping,should be done as  recognition to those who provide service beyond what is expected ..     

BINGO...

In our world, I tip ONLY if the party is "above and beyond".   Then I am pretty damn generous.  Any woman who can "Wow" ME, deserves a tip.  (Then again any woman who WANTS to "wow" me, REALLY deserves one!  )

Offline Michael

• Premier-Luxury-Choice Outlaw Client
  • Hoser Family Member
  • LPIN Party Icon and Outlaw exclusive to himself
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2014, 08:55:57 AM »
+1
I find it both humorous and a turnoff when a lady asks for a tip before the party has even taken place which has happened to me on a few occasions.  For the ladies that provided me with a great party and a wonderful attitude, I've sent them gifts on special occasions like birthdays, valentine's day, etc.   I've also brought gifts to the ladies I'm repeating with or have gotten to know quite some time before my next trip to the houses.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 09:02:43 AM by Michael »

Offline Kevinz0071

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2014, 01:43:22 PM »
I don't tip actual cash and have never been asked for
One however I do buy gifts,post reviews, recommend ladies etc.
My Atfs over the years have gotten gift cards, stuffed animals, outfits etc
I have found that those things are appreciated.
Been on this board 8 years and some people still need to grow up
Some of you need to learn forum rules 6 & 7
Cyber tough guys make me lol

Park Ranger

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2014, 09:48:19 AM »
Repeat parties are the best tip, and much more meaningful!!!