Author Topic: Where do you cut corners?  (Read 3473 times)

Offline Sonja

• Hoser Family Member
  • Point your erection in my direction.
    • Love Ranch Vegas
Re: Where do you cut corners?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 05:14:15 AM »
I'm the pure definition of "handyman". I built my own house and am pretty self sufficient. I also burn wood. I hunt some, and fish a lot. I'm blessed to live on the ocean for salmon, rockfish, crab, and clams.

When there's not a woman around I have this blowup doll........J/K! :)

Being Self -sufficient - the biggest money saver! 

HappyCamper

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2014, 06:19:35 AM »
I'm the pure definition of "handyman". I built my own house and am pretty self sufficient. I also burn wood. I hunt some, and fish a lot. I'm blessed to live on the ocean for salmon, rockfish, crab, and clams.

Sonja, if I lived in TN I would make my own Moonshine! LOL!

Offline Sonja

• Hoser Family Member
    • Love Ranch Vegas
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2014, 06:22:47 AM »

My place was renowned for generations as the local still for moonshine.  I have a spring that runs year-round - water so pure you can drink it straight out of the ground.  I occasioanlly find metal remnants of the stills in the earth here.

Offline Prospector Bob

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2014, 05:50:34 AM »

You don't have to live in Tennessee to make moonshine. You can do it anywhere in the USA. Just don't get caught! :o

Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by the delusional illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

HappyCamper

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2014, 06:45:27 AM »
Most of the good natural spring water here gets diverted to marijuana grows. There are a few on public land that I refuse to even visit any more.

Offline Sonja

• Hoser Family Member
    • Love Ranch Vegas
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2014, 11:43:57 AM »
Great tip....

GuitarGigGuy

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2014, 06:20:52 PM »
  Lets see, Amazon when I order books, any car or home repair that I am capable of doing I will do, make my own coffee in the morning, that might surprise everyone how much they save. When I fly I usually fly on Southwest in the C boarding group.

Offline georoc01

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2014, 06:35:21 PM »
  Lets see, Amazon when I order books, any car or home repair that I am capable of doing I will do, make my own coffee in the morning, that might surprise everyone how much they save. When I fly I usually fly on Southwest in the C boarding group.

Why do you fly in the C boarding group? Why not just check in exactly 24 hours in advance?

offleash

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2014, 07:50:00 PM »
I don't cut corners; I'm all about quality. 110% all the way.

Offline Glennster

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2014, 01:55:29 AM »

Why do you fly in the C boarding group? Why not just check in exactly 24 hours in advance?

The 24 hour rule does not work as well as it used to on many SWA flights.  Between the Business Select folks, the A-List Preferred, the A-List, and the Early Bird Check-ins you would be lucky to get anything in the mid B Section.  I have been told that some preferred travel agents have it set up to check in their customers right at the 24 hour mark, which pushes others even further back.

Offline georoc01

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2014, 04:44:13 AM »
For me, the extra $10 for early bird is worth it. Sitting in a middle seat on a long flight has to be up there with the worst experiences in life.

And its still a downright bargain compared to what other airlines charge for seat preferences.

Offline Sonja

• Hoser Family Member
    • Love Ranch Vegas
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2014, 04:58:15 PM »
  ...I also pay 5 bucks for hair Cuts at the Beauty College That Helps the Girls get some Practice on Guys Pretty Much Bald  :(.

Ah reminds me - schools - a very good place to get services.  When I was in acupuncture school people could get a treatment for $50 (vs $150) because it was students.  However - there was still a real acupuncture Dr. calling the shots and overseeing everything.  Same care great savings.  Same with Dental schools.

uncle_duke

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2014, 10:52:02 AM »
LPIN, is the  first thing I cut. It is a luxury I give myself and thus the first thing I can do without.

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2014, 11:18:00 AM »
LPIN, is the  first thing I cut. It is a luxury I give myself and thus the first thing I can do without.

It would seem as if you're not alone.

FredT

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2014, 06:50:44 PM »
      It would seem as if you're not alone.     

Nope he sure is not!   Down from 20 +- parties a year when I had the aviation business to 1, MAYBE 2 a year now...   Do I miss it?  More than you can imagine,   but like uncle duke said, it is a luxury I can do without....