Author Topic: Sportsman  (Read 11860 times)

pitasandwichpimp

Re: Sportsman
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 11:03:16 AM »
Sportsman is a perfect example of someone who retired to Nevada and was able live his dream.

RIP Sportsman..

Sidey

I'm pretty sure he had a prostitute going away party.

I don't know, I think toward the end, even sporty realized there was more to life then just going to brothels as he started to talk about other things such as reconnecting with family and possibly moving back to Ohio along with talking about good restaurants and other things which had nothing to do with brothels.
As a matter of fact, it's surprising how many conversations at CWM go in ten different directions which have nuttin to do with brothels.

BTW: That's what I said, "NUTTIN"

Offline Avatar

• Hoser Family Member
  • I love a woman with a nice tail
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2015, 12:04:51 PM »
+1
 I did read and enjoy many of his posts over the years and have missed
his presence on the board, so even though I never met him, I will still miss him.

Rest in peace Sportsman.

Flyfisher

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2015, 01:53:19 PM »
+3
Don, aka Sportsman was the type of person you either liked or hated. No in betweens. Make no mistake about it, Sportsman was CWM, a real SOuthern Nevada patron and an ICON in LPIN. He and I started out at odds. Coupla swinging dicks being suspicious of each other type bulls shit.  We both had newsman backgrounds.  Sporty had his own way. He liked to dance and his parties were parties...not just sex.  He had a unique eye for beauty and it varied widely.  Sporty had a way of ingratiating himself or grinding on you and oftentimes it could be both.  At some point Sporty and I buried the hatched and we kept loose tabs on each other.  Sooner or later we all fade. It's part of life.  We lost us another ICON. SPorty was a right good one to the core.  RIP you old rat bastard!

Offline DenvER_rIChard

• High Roller
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2015, 05:43:49 PM »
+1
Very sorry about this. R-I-P Sportsman. God Speed and God Bless!

Offline Gray Hound

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2015, 07:16:07 PM »
+1
Rest in peace dear friend.
We shared the laughter and good times that LPIN Gathering has to offer.
Now I have the good memories of having met you .

sperminator

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2015, 09:40:28 AM »
+1
Really sorry to hear this.

I remember once, when I called out another board member for physically threatening Senior Citizens like him and Sidewinder, he thanked me for that.

The whole scenario was of course bizarre. As are all message board fights. But that Thank You actually registered with me. I honestly still think about it. Which is also bizarre.

When I first joined the board, we had a slight disagreement. So, I being a mature and cultured gentleman, naturally responded with my best snark. Years later when I found out he was a man of an advanced age, I thought back to that and felt like a complete dick. In the time in between I had come to like him quite a bit, never suspecting he wasn't a much younger man. It made me like him even more. I remember posting that I hoped to still have such a high libido when I reached his age.

He was a good guy. I'll miss seeing him here.

Nelspot

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2015, 11:04:01 AM »
I will miss Sportsman.  He had a long-time presence here on this board.  His passing will leave a void that will not soon be filled.

Offline Armond

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2015, 11:17:27 AM »
+4
Hello all, I recommend a tribute to Sportsman during LPIN Gathering 19. A raising of our drinks is fine.  He will be looking down from his cloud with a smile for us dudes and an amorous feeling for the ladies.  Armond 

Offline Jagged

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2015, 01:56:57 PM »
+1
  Aw..  Geezz  I know a few months back  somebody on here was asking about him.

I know qutiet a few people made it know they  did Not like anything  Sportsmn said about the Southern NEV Houses.
 I was gla=d  that he would go  out of his way  2  try  &  organize soemthing for those  houses down in the area.

After reading the article,  I see his newspaper team saw him like the person  he was when he was on here.   He did his thing his way & nobdy was going 2 change that.
         Sportsman  loved  LPIN.   Back on the  Old  NVB ((NV Brothels)) board..  I would read that Sportsman would go 2
   Sheri;s  & The Chicken Ranch on a certain day of the week and give them Homemade Chili.

For  some of us ....... We might Not like some of the ladies that he liked or party with or actually hugn around((some would actually write it on here..))
               Hey !    He  was the one  seeing  those ladies !.  ----  NOT us ((it was 4  his  pleasure  --- NOT ours ))
But  4 Sportman..  there was something inside of him that he liked the ladies that he was with and it made him happen.
    and the ladies loved being around him.     
  I would hear some of the ladies  @ the houses talking how nice of a man Sportsman was when he left the C. C. houses.

Well.  Sporstman..   I have this  to  say.  No matter if any of us saw eye  2  eye  on here. 
                 You spoke your mind in a way that you cared, not only just about the ladies  but what happens with LPIN in general.

Im pretty sure that some of the ladies that  R  still around in LPIN will miss U   &  sure  U hold a place special w/ them.

You will  B missed around  here. 

R.I>P.  Sportsman

Offline dyanadyamonds

• Legendary working girl~ Dyana Dyamonds
  • Hoser Family Member
  • Www.dyanadyamonds.com.
    • Info
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2015, 02:07:38 PM »
I am so sad to hear of this. I never met Sportsman. But he will be missed. Always sad when someone passes on. May he rest in peace.
Love Always, Dyana Dyamonds...
Available by appointments at Big 4 Ranch. ELY,Nv.

Funmonger

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2015, 02:18:02 PM »
Hello all, I recommend a tribute to Sportsman during LPIN Gathering 19. A raising of our drinks is fine.  He will be looking down from his cloud with a smile for us dudes and an amorous feeling for the ladies.  Armond

Armond, I think you should propose that toast at CMWC.

Offline Bashful

• Couch Lint
  • "But how long did your party last?" -- Bashful
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2015, 07:38:30 AM »
+5
Thanks, Annie, for posting that Pahrump Valley Times story on Sportsman, and many thanks to a dear friend who called my attention to this as I rarely check in here anymore.

Sportsman's first handle was Doc on the old board, which was confusing as there was already an established poster by that handle (And where has he gone off to?).  It was awhile before I learned that Sportsman was a sports writer for a Pahrump newspaper.

Sportsman was outgoing and outspoken.  Agreed?  And though he did attend Reno-area events while in Reno, more often than not I'd hear someone tell of having seen him somewhere else, doing his own thing.  And he could be a bit of a wheeler-dealer, trying to get special welcome events set up at the brothels for our crazy group, especially around Pahrump.  Did I mention he had an outgoing personality?

I remember walking into Sheri's ranch once and there he was, dancing at the dance-pole like one of the girls.  Close your eyes and try to imagine that.

I liked Don, but of course noticed he had a brusque style.  That PVT article calls him out on it more than once.

PVT wrote: "He often would cover sports out of pocket (Something reporters have to do more of nowadays) traveling as far North as Reno to cover state tournaments."

Don had additional reasons for visiting Reno.

PVT wrote: '“When Don would come to the paper without his camera,” Langford said.  “That meant he had pawned it at the local pawn store to pay a gambling debt.”'

Or maybe to pay a partying debt?

PVT wrote: "Writing was his first love and poker was his second."

So which was Don more passionate about?  Poker?  Or poke her?

Don, I'm making fun of you.  Please forgive me.  I like you and respect you, even when I thought you were a little bit tasteless like while emceeing the banquet you criticized the Chicken Ranch.  I've committed less tasteful and tactful faux pas's, so that just makes me another hypocrite.  And I'll miss you.

Be seeing you (in July).

John Curry (alias "Bashful")

--

pitasandwichpimp

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2015, 08:08:30 AM »

Be seeing you (in July).

John Curry (alias "Bashful")

--

Bashful

You had one hell of a skating career.

Bobbi

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2015, 07:55:07 AM »
+4
 well sporty
I guess  our  next dance will have to be in the great beyond .
        RIP

Offline ice-storm

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2015, 08:34:43 PM »
Never knew him but RIP nonetheless. Best wishes to him and his family and friends.