Author Topic: Is it TIme for SIN to close down?  (Read 10017 times)

Flyfisher

Is it TIme for SIN to close down?
« on: July 21, 2015, 01:13:50 PM »
+10
I am a firm believer everything has a life of its own.  I have seen independent LPIN boards come and go and each met that criteria. SIN has met a lengthy test of time but upon deep scrutiny and separate sequences of events, perhaps its best that SIN gracefully fade away. I do not purport IB should even pass the mantle of baton of his web mastership on to anyone else to keep this place going. I say let it fade and if anyone really cares to replace it, then in the arena of competing ideas, a new site can arise and let the popular migration of CWMs find it, nurture it and support it.

SIN rose out of the ashes and wants and needs of another web site's demise. Hell, I had a either a companion LPIN website or a competing one (however you viewed it) and SIN stood the test of time while mine faded away..................

Very few people in CWM really hold a place of "family" in my heart. Mark and Sherry are such. Mark and I can sometime vehemently disagree on the very philosophy or nature or things but his integrity and friendship to me, much like Bashful, are special and enduring. I know from my own predicament that my day to day welfare and health are far more important to me and my energies are best spent caring for the slim thread of life I cling to. IB has a lengthy and slow recovery ahead of him and when he does regain his health, this grand experiement we know as the focal point of CWM....is probably going to be a very minor focal point. 

Running a web site and keeping it going doesn't take a hell of a lot once its up and its found its audience. IB has almost always had a Laissez Faire mentality about moderation and has always been steadfast about it. Its a foundation part of his integrity. Call it stubborn Okie backbone...and that boy gotta hickory backbone of Okie in him.

I truly propose this site simply fade and if whatever it was Bashy and others started almost 20 years ago (and having taken a life of its own) is to move forward, then people who care enough will do so.  I know its been a part of my cyber life for many many years and is the way I keep tabs with any of you.

CWM has always been fractious on its best day. We have cliques and such but somehow it manages to come together.  I believe this place has honorably and nobly served its purpose and its time has come.  There are some hoser posers in here and some real flotsam and jetsam shitbirds that have thrived because IB has had such a laissez faire MO for moderation.  THey have totally destroyed the fun and celebratory nature of this site on a day to day basis.  The few good moments any more seem to be at LPIN Gathering cuz they sure as fuck ain;t here.  So there! Nanner nanner.  Oh...go find an LPIN hotty and fuck her good cuz its damn fun!

pitasandwichpimp

Re: Is it TIme for SIN to close down?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 01:25:30 PM »
I am a firm believer everything has a life of its own.  I have seen independent LPIN boards come and go and each met that criteria. SIN has met a lengthy test of time but upon deep scrutiny and separate sequences of events, perhaps its best that SIN gracefully fade away.

Fly,

You stupid mother fucker. 

If you want to go die, go ahead.  Don't bring, or try to bring, everyone with you.  If you want to go then go. 

Be as loud or quiet, clumsy or graceful, fearful or lovingly as you go away, because this place has 'outlasted its usefulness' or 'has a life of its own'.  It doesn't matter how, just don't expect your reasons to convince anyone to go with you.  If they go with you great,  ride off into the sunset just like Dorothy, the Tin Man, the Cowardly Lion and the Scarecrow.   

For fucks sake, I would hate to see you as the captain of any ship.  "Oh I am getting old, time to sink the ship.  Ooooh, everyone off the ship, just make sure I get of first".

This post just won you the 'Biggest fag' award you posted about earlier.  You could use that post as an example of exactly what you want to rail against here, except you wrote it.  You just made yourself the biggest fag on this board.

And to think, you used to monger (pound pussy).  So disappointing.

Sincerely,
Could Care Less

PS - Finally a post I could use those stupid arrows.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 02:19:18 PM by COULD_CARE_LESS »

Offline Shooter

• Hoser Family Member
  • Plank owner of the Atomic Crater Ranch
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 01:51:17 PM »
Hoser, I gave you an up vote for being brutally honest. From my days with a 286 PC and dial up network, finding Georgia Powers message board I have for the most part found a good brotherhood. I too have watched message boards morph from one to another. Seen others come and go to. But each had a lifespan all its own. If this one goes away I  will be some what sad, but the KSF's and hosers will find another way to keep in touch and if a few of them want to meet up sometime some where they will as they always have.  Moderation is a  double edged sword, it can be sharp and precise or it can be brutal and blunt. Or in some cases it can be kept in its scabbard.
Negotiations 101. You either want my money or you don't.  I don't care because some one else does.

redde illis futuis eos ambula

sperminator

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 04:31:11 PM »
+5
There aren't many message boards anymore. In the age of Facebook Groups and Twitter, they are practically extinct. This one might end up going that route too. And if it does, it does. But it should be a natural progression, a result of fading interest, and not because you or anybody else doesn't think it lives up to the good old days.

Funny thing about those old days, they were never as good as people seem to remember. There's always been fights. And trolls. And flaming. And deviations from whatever topic the board was intended to discuss. It just human nature.

I very vividly remember the board that preceded this one. Was that place not a free-for-all? Wasn't that part of the reason to require registration on this one? And even then, remember Vern (may he Rest In Peace)?

I recently figured out why LPIN Gathering annoys me so much. It's not the idea of a bunch of friends getting together to have some hotdogs and swap some stories. It's not even the idea of giving awards to working girls. In and of itself, it's all actually kind of sweet. So much so, I even toy with the idea of attending. But then people start getting crazy about the voting process. And start complaining that this house is excluded or that girl is in the running. Then the rumors of collusion, conspiracy and ballot stuffing start. And I'm reminded how seriously some of you take this shit. That's when the douche chills usually set in. In chat Sunday night, Oddball was actually quite upset because he accidentally posted the winners before they were announced. I like chatting with Odd, but that's a pretty good example of what I'm talking about.

Same goes for this board. When some of you old timers begin begging for stricter moderation, it's like the cyber equivalent to yelling TURN DOWN THAT NOISE!

« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 04:34:01 PM by sperminator »

GuitarGigGuy

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 05:11:33 PM »
+2
  I guess that it is possible for this board to shut down but I do not think that it is time yet, if someone is unhappy then they do not need to log on or view it in any way. The strong point for this board is  to keep your anonymity and contribute your experiences, others who are more active can choose to meet up and start a friendship based on a common  interest. I wish that more ladies were routine posters on here and I think that would catch the attention of newbies and rookie people, and it gives a lot of free self promotion. Yes the trolls, they are everywhere but you have to put up with them, just never feed them!!!

Offline COH

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 05:59:44 PM »
Flyfisher

It hit me!  You like FRESH READING MATERIAL about LPIN!  Field Reports -- currently that section of new material isn't available.  BUT..... would some NEW TOPICS HELP!
Because Madam Tara and Madam Jennifer mistreat, bully, wanting to control numerous people; I stopped visiting the Mustang Ranch.  Therefore, can no longer recommend this business.

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 07:56:03 PM »
While there doesn't seem to be the interest in talking about legal brothels like a few years ago,  I don't think it has as much to do with the board  but rather more to do with a lack of interest in going to the brothels themselves. There's also a lack of interest in new owners opening brothels even though brothel licenses are available. 

Final score, independents win by a landslide.  ::)

Offline Ironman

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 09:23:27 PM »
+2
Short answer no, cus then we be stuck with just the lame kiss ass house fourms for the ranches that have them, where everything lpin is looked at through blurry rose colored glasses. Even worse its through the glasses of whatever house owns the fourm. Which is to be expected. But hell no. Not until IB & Sheri say its time because nobody else is willing or able to step in and carry the torch.  There needs to be at least one lpin related discussion fourm not controlled by a ranch.  Just my 25 cents worth. 8)

sperminator

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 12:05:38 AM »
The truth is, their is only so many things to talk about LPIN related without just pulling up old threads. I ran out of the good stuff over a year ago to talk about. We've ran out of material.

Well, with this being award season and all - and in the grand SIN tradition of thread hi-jacking - let's find out who in LPIN has the Most Amazing Ass? Best Boobs (this one should be separated into two categories, Natural & Augmented)? Prettiest Pussy? Best Blowjob? Greatest Kisser?

Bonus Round... Most Natural GFE? Down & Dirtiest PSE? Who has been so hot that they made you cum way quickestl?

Offline georoc01

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 04:56:49 AM »
+1
When this board disappears is purely up to IB. It will be his call when this ends. We can weigh in with opinions, but that is the truth.

I agree that message boards are going the way to the dinosaurs and to me that's sad. It was nice to have a few sites to go to for my hobbies. Now its all mixed in social media and not nearly the same. Discussions that used to happen on message boards are now happening in email threads.

Offline Michael

• Premier-Luxury-Choice Outlaw Client
  • Hoser Family Member
  • LPIN Party Icon and Outlaw exclusive to himself
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2015, 05:37:28 AM »
+8
If SIN closed down,  the freedom of actual discussion of opinions and ideas related to LPIN would cease to exist based on lack thereof independent discussion anywhere else currently. If you wanted to argue your point with someone you disagree with on a house board, some house boards would simply remove the post, lock the thread and/or perhaps issue you a warning.   

Though all houses benefit from SIN for the ability of free advertising,  nothing would make a few houses happier than to have the demise of SIN take place just like the rest of the independent message boards have done.

I care a helluva lot more about the freedom to say what's on my mind and discussing a relevant topic even if it turns into an argument than being relegated to posting in meaningless word association threads that's geared more towards teenyboppers, which is what is going on with some house boards.

Unlike some house boards,  SIN is the embodiment of LPIN Adult discussion currently.   Some house boards,  IMHO,  have lost sight of why they exist in the first place. 

Yes,  the dynamic of SIN has shifted over the years but so does everything else.   I  am glad to honor and respect the past and present but am very accepting of whom arises in the future and hope that whoever that may be will contribute substantially enough to continue SIN'S relevance for a  long time to come.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 05:42:05 AM by Michael »

pitasandwichpimp

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 05:54:03 AM »
If SIN closed down,  the freedom of actual discussion of opinions and ideas related to LPIN would cease to exist based on lack thereof independent discussion anywhere else currently. If you wanted to argue your point with someone you disagree with on a house board, some house boards would simply remove the post, lock the thread and/or perhaps issue you a warning.   

Though all houses benefit from SIN for the ability of free advertising,  nothing would make a few houses happier than to have the demise of SIN take place just like the rest of the independent message boards have done.

I care a helluva lot more about the freedom to say what's on my mind and discussing a relevant topic even if it turns into an argument than being relegated to posting in meaningless word association threads that's geared more towards teenyboppers, which is what is going on with some house boards.

Unlike some house boards,  SIN is the embodiment of LPIN Adult discussion currently.   Some house boards,  IMHO,  have lost sight of why they exist in the first place. 

Yes,  the dynamic of SIN has shifted over the years but so does everything else.   I  am glad to honor and respect the past and present but am very accepting of whom arises in the future and hope that whoever that may be will contribute substantially enough to continue SIN'S relevance for a  long time to come.

Well done

crimson

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 10:32:06 AM »
+1
This may be unpopular to actually come out and say it here...but it does need to be said.

At the end of the day, when all else is said and done, the house boards exist for the working ladies of the house to advertise themselves.  They are nothing more than an advertising tool for the ladies to use to promote themselves.  As such, the houses (yes...ALL houses) have every right to remove the things that detract from this purpose, including negative or unflattering posts.

That said, I do believe the SIN forum has a valid purpose.  It is a useful discussion forum for various topics.  It can be entertaining to read about rumors and royal F'ups that occur from time to time.  Maybe some real notes of caution or concerns about events.  But it needs to be a voice of moderation, and relatively fair to all related parties. (this does not mean glossing over F'ups)  Extreme or heavily negative viewpoints can be just as destructive as hyper happy and cheery.  Look at the now shuttered BoB, which was considered little more than pure hate.  I would rather this forum didn't go down that road.

Oddball

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2015, 10:41:01 AM »
+1
No.  'nuff said!
 8)

pitasandwichpimp

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2015, 10:52:15 AM »
No.  'nuff said!
 8)

I sort of say the same thing and I get 7 down arrows.

Y'all suck