Author Topic: Elko has flooded!  (Read 1467 times)

Offline Hiking Guy

• Hoser Family Member
  • Hey, I'm finally a Hoser Family Member!
Elko has flooded!
« on: June 12, 2016, 05:35:58 PM »
Well, I can't believe it but Elko has flooded from all the down pouring of rain today. I've never seen Elko county get so much rain in such a short amount of time. The temperature has really dropped too (51 degrees at 2pm) but it was quite hot here in Elko yesterday. Such a big change in less than 24 hours.

3rd street (where the brothels are located) has water coming up out of the drains. I could not park my car or walk into Mona's or Sue's due to the flooding but the back lot at Inez's looks fine. Hopefully, in a few hours, the flooding will subside. Wells got hit too as the muddy road from rt93 to Donna's/Bella's was almost impassable.

The Hiking Guy

FrancesJVS

Re: Elko has flooded!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 07:06:28 PM »
Well, I can't believe it but Elko has flooded from all the down pouring of rain today. I've never seen Elko county get so much rain in such a short amount of time. The temperature has really dropped too (51 degrees at 2pm) but it was quite hot here in Elko yesterday. Such a big change in less than 24 hours.

3rd street (where the brothels are located) has water coming up out of the drains. I could not park my car or walk into Mona's or Sue's due to the flooding but the back lot at Inez's looks fine. Hopefully, in a few hours, the flooding will subside. Wells got hit too as the muddy road from rt93 to Donna's/Bella's was almost impassable.

The Hiking Guy
Hiking Guy, How did you find I80? We'll be on that interstate next month. 2500 miles on a 7 day road trip along I80, I90, and I94, Detroit to Denver and down to New Mexico; all the big attractions, Yellowstone, Salt Lake City, the Wisconsin Dells and the Grand Tetons. And then flying to San Fransico.

Offline Hiking Guy

• Hoser Family Member
  • Hey, I'm finally a Hoser Family Member!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 07:44:06 PM »

The Hiking Guy
Hiking Guy, How did you find I80? We'll be on that interstate next month. 2500 miles on a 7 day road trip along I80, I90, and I94, Detroit to Denver and down to New Mexico; all the big attractions, Yellowstone, Salt Lake City, the Wisconsin Dells and the Grand Tetons. And then flying to San Fransico.

I80 between Salt Lake City and Elko was fine except for some road construction around Wells, Nevada.

The Hiking Guy

FrancesJVS

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 08:01:08 PM »

The Hiking Guy

I80 between Salt Lake City and Elko was fine except for some road construction around Wells, Nevada.

The Hiking Guy
Thanks, won't be going that far. We are thinking of taking I80 across the Ohio valley to Detroit and then switching to I90. and then I94 to Bismarck ND. Then heading south to South Dakota and Wyoming and on to Denver and Salt Lake City.

Offline Elkogfe

• Brothel Owner / Employee
  • Hoser Family Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 02:56:48 AM »
"The city of Elko was not built for water to come in such quantity so quickly..."

Quote from the man in the truck...  With a "duh" look on his face!