Author Topic: New Beatty brothel  (Read 11521 times)

Offline OldFatMan

• Hoser Family Member
  • The waist is a terrible thing to mind.
New Beatty brothel
« on: September 03, 2010, 11:11:50 AM »
A new brothel is being built on the south side of Beatty.

http://pvtimes.com/news/new-building-constructed-for-brothel-south-of-beatty/

SIDEWINDER

So
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 03:06:35 PM »
What happend to the regulations that said the brothel owner had to be a resident of Nevada?

It sounds like it's moving right along.

BTW: Does anyone know the location. I'm sure speedy would also like to know.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 03:08:49 PM by SIDEWINDER »

Offline OldFatMan

• Hoser Family Member
  • The waist is a terrible thing to mind.
Re: New Beatty brothel
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 03:48:48 PM »
The article says it's on Airport Road but gave no real address. Airport Road appears to be about 3 miles south of Beatty according to Google maps.

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 04:42:36 PM »
The article says it's on Airport Road but gave no real address. Airport Road appears to be about 3 miles south of Beatty according to Google maps.

I wonder if it's visible from 95? I would think that would be almost a must for a rural brothel.

sportsman

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 05:52:53 PM »
the proposed brothel is on the left and isvisible from 95...if you're not driving really fast...It's before the high cliff you drive past going into beatty from the south (from pahrump, vegas...)

Offline arrowhead

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 09:30:56 PM »
I read the article. Awesome. Imagine that.. When was the LAST brand-new brothel opened in Nevada? Not for a long time I'd imagine.
--Ron

Lulz

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 09:34:35 PM »
Right next to the airport, NICE!.. I think I need to get my pilot's license.  ;D

Offline Interested bystander

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 07:45:56 AM »
I read the article. Awesome. Imagine that.. When was the LAST brand-new brothel opened in Nevada? Not for a long time I'd imagine.
--Ron

I think it was the Wild Horse/Mustang and before that the Shady Lady.

FredT

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 10:13:26 AM »
OK... Question from an old timer who's memory is fading quicker and quicker... ;D

While my first experience was at the Cherry Patch back in the mid 70's, I remember driving out 95, passing the Patch and continuing on to a town where there as at least one (if not two) brothels on the right side of the main drag.  I went in, but the 4-5 ladies were all "older" and really tough looking, so I fled with all the dignity that a 20 yr old could muster... (Not much I admit!   ::)

My question is this.  Anyone remember which houses these might have been, and was the town Beatty?

Offline fairoakian

• Couch Lint
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 10:32:16 AM »
Fred,

Sounds like possibly Amagosa Springs, not exactly a town more like wide spot in the road. Beatty if I'm correct is about 35 miles up 95 from the intersection of NV160 just north the Crystal Houses. Shooter may have a better idea, been a while since I've been down that way.

fairoakian

shooter

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 07:18:21 PM »
I got no clue, Where is brother Bashful when you need him?

FredT

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 08:15:58 PM »

Beatty if I'm correct is about 35 miles up 95 from the intersection of NV160 just north the Crystal Houses.   

Hell yes, that seems to be what I remember doing that night... Cause it was on the way BACK that I stopped at the CP...   

But help on the names???

Robbin Young

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 08:35:21 PM »
OK... Question from an old timer who's memory is fading quicker and quicker... ;D

While my first experience was at the Cherry Patch back in the mid 70's, I remember driving out 95, passing the Patch and continuing on to a town where there as at least one (if not two) brothels on the right side of the main drag.  I went in, but the 4-5 ladies were all "older" and really tough looking, so I fled with all the dignity that a 20 yr old could muster... (Not much I admit!   ::)

My question is this.  Anyone remember which houses these might have been, and was the town Beatty?

Hi, check the list of 'defunct brothels' and see if one might ring a bell for you. ;)
http://www.enotes.com/topic/List_of_brothels_in_Nevada?print=1

Robbin
xoxo

http://www.RobbinYoung.com

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 01:12:20 AM »

Reminds me of Billie's Day and Night. The youngest looked to be about 60. She was wearing what looked like a one piece bathing suit leotard. I must admit, it was kinda funny talking to her and Billie. They found out I worked in a grocery store and told me about all the employees at the local Safeway and what days they visited on.

Offline bones

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2010, 10:07:16 AM »
I recall once back in the dark ages of the late 80s early 90s reading of a ranch located close to a bowling alley  (or some business) east side of Tonopha (sp) or another small town in that area. There was one on the summit on the NV side of the CA line, and yes I recall the name Billy's Day and Night.